Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
With fasttech you get what you pay for. I will say they are careful to note the difference between clone and authentic (the word they use is "style"), and that I have never gotten a clone from them when I paid for authentic. The only real problem is the shipping is whimsical. Sometimes a week, sometimes a month.

And sometimes 43 days.. or more.

Andria

Reactions: suprtrkr

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I'm so .... about things matching up. I'll have to scour the internet for a cyan tank that matches the Evic AND performs well. Aaah, maybe I'll do myself a favour and go for the Subox Mini. The Subtank is pretty solidly regarded right?

This is one of the many many Youtube reviews for the Evic VTC Mini Kit, and they are quite similar. In addition a lot of these reviewers are comparing this to the Kanger Subox Mini. At the end of this video, the reviewer prefers the VTC mod over the Subox mod, but his opinion is reversed in regard to the tank.

Now I have not tried out the Evic VTC Mini, but I can see the attraction. It is identical in size to the Subox mod and it has temperature control to boot. The Subox mod doesn't have temp control. As for the Ego One Mega Tank, just by looking I'm guessing its air flow settings are restrictive. I have been quite happy with my Subtank Mini's performance, it chucks nice flavour and I can very easily play with air flow controls to change between mouth to lung and direct lung. A comfortable mouth to lung is important to us newbs. The pairing of VTC mod with Subtank Mini sounds alright; however, you're stuck on colour options. I can see the Subox Mini Kit is available in Cyan now; however, the Subtank Mini itself is only sold in black, white or the original silver. I suppose you can customise the tank's colour by the changing the o-rings and drip tip, and even possibly hunt down an 'inauthentic' coloured glass for the tank.

You have plenty of options, but I must point out that for around USD$10 less (from most US online shops) you can purchase other sub-ohm tanks which the same Youtube reviewers consider to be better than the Subtank Mini. Some of these suggestions include the Zephyris V2, Uwell Crown and Herakles Plus. There are no pretty colours here though. I'm sorry if I have raised more questions, rather than give answers. It's a buyers market. There are just so many shiny devices. I recommend for you to Youtube "vaping best of 2015" and grab some popcorn :) To speed things along, see the videos' description for time stamps.

Reactions: Waxxiii

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada

This is one of the many many Youtube reviews for the Evic VTC Mini Kit, and they are quite similar. In addition a lot of these reviewers are comparing this to the Kanger Subox Mini. At the end of this video, the reviewer prefers the VTC mod over the Subox mod, but his opinion is reversed in regard to the tank.

Now I have not tried out the Evic VTC Mini, but I can see the attraction. It is identical in size to the Subox mod and it has temperature control to boot. The Subox mod doesn't have temp control. As for the Ego One Mega Tank, just by looking I'm guessing its air flow settings are restrictive. I have been quite happy with my Subtank Mini's performance, it chucks nice flavour and I can very easily play with air flow controls to change between mouth to lung and direct lung. A comfortable mouth to lung is important to us newbs. The pairing of VTC mod with Subtank Mini sounds alright; however, you're stuck on colour options. I can see the Subox Mini Kit is available in Cyan now; however, the Subtank Mini itself is only sold in black, white or the original silver. I suppose you can customise the tank's colour by the changing the o-rings and drip tip, and even possibly hunt down an 'inauthentic' coloured glass for the tank.

You have plenty of options, but I must point out that for around USD$10 less (from most US online shops) you can purchase other sub-ohm tanks which the same Youtube reviewers consider to be better than the Subtank Mini. Some of these suggestions include the Zephyris V2, Uwell Crown and Herakles Plus. There are no pretty colours here though. I'm sorry if I have raised more questions, rather than give answers. It's a buyers market. There are just so many shiny devices. I recommend for you to Youtube "vaping best of 2015" and grab some popcorn :) To speed things along, see the videos' description for time stamps.

My first 2 e-cigs were eGo ONES. They're still the only thing I use almost 7 months later. If the eGo ONE mega tanks are anything like the regular size, which are what I have, the airflow isn't restrictive. At least I didn't find them to be. Actually for me, the were too airy so I switched to PT2's and have been happy ever since. But it's all personal preference :)

Personally, I didn't like the pre-made coils for the eGo ONES. I don't build coils so ended up spending more than I wanted to on replacements. I found they didn't last more than about 4 - 5 days on average and the tanks leaked quite a bit.

Just my :2c:

Cheers

braveminion

Jan 13, 2016
My hellboy RDA showed up yesterday from Amazon. It didn't work :(

One of the holes on the centre post hadn't been threaded correctly, the screw would go so far then just pop up. Went to a vape shop and bought a magma in a huff (it isn't pink). Regardless of colour, I don't like it in comparison to the other half's velocity. So last night I ordered myself a lush. Really looking forward to that arriving.

Anyway the point of that was it was from Amazon. There are good and bad and products everywhere. Just take your time searching, unlike me, who seen pink and added to basket.

On the bright side, the guy in the shop yesterday put a single Clapton in my magma, I accidentally shorted it a few hours later while trying to get more air into the thing (the main reason I prefer velocity, like a nice cool airy vape). So last night I completed my first ever solo, unsupervised build! Took two attempts, got a lot of dry burns with the first attempt. Eventually I did it and my little tool kit hasn't even arrived it so I did the coil by hand and trimmed with giant kitchen scissors! It isn't pretty but it's all mine and it works :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
On the bright side, the guy in the shop yesterday put a single Clapton in my magma, I accidentally shorted it a few hours later while trying to get more air into the thing (the main reason I prefer velocity, like a nice cool airy vape).
How did you short it? Please share, I haven't reached that far so I'd like to what you experienced.
So last night I completed my first ever solo, unsupervised build!Took two attempts, got a lot of dry burns with the first attempt. Eventually I did it and my little tool kit hasn't even arrived it so I did the coil by hand and trimmed with giant kitchen scissors! It isn't pretty but it's all mine and it works :)
Did you figure out the reason behind the dry burns?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Some items don't ship for a week or two after ordering so make sure you take note of that , each item will say when it ships.

Yes. Try to avoid putting an item in the basket that takes a few days to get in stock.
An entire order delayed because of one stupid little thing just sucks.
Everything ships for free (over a certain amount) so bundle up stuff that is ready to go and leave the rest for another order.
I ordered two things last Sunday night. They shipped in 12 hours and are already in the UK.
There is an art to it. Only had one total disaster... nearly 5 weeks.... :-x

Reactions: herb

braveminion

Jan 13, 2016
How did you short it? Please share, I haven't reached that far so I'd like to what you experienced.

Did you figure out the reason behind the dry burns?
I pressed the fire button while the metal body of the RDA was not screwed on, I was just sort of holding it in place. It must of hit the coil.

The first one I built was very messy. The two coils were different from each other in terms of tightness and length etc. I think I may have used too much cotton too. It was just a bit of a mess lol

My second try isn't pretty but it's functional..

a81bcaae2cbbe0cb07affd4415cfac10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Reactions: KayP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I pressed the fire button while the metal body of the RDA was not screwed on, I was just sort of holding it in place. It must of hit the coil.

The first one I built was very messy. The two coils were different from each other in terms of tightness and length etc. I think I may have used too much cotton too. It was just a bit of a mess lol

My second try isn't pretty but it's functional..

a81bcaae2cbbe0cb07affd4415cfac10.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I think I'll most likely end up making the same mistakes as well. I can see the importance of an ohm meter with coil rebuilding deck. Unfortunately I won't get my Coil Master 521 Tab for some time. I ordered it directly from Coil Master's website, so I guess it was shipped from China. I could have opted to get it sooner from a local Aussie based online store; however, they all show descriptions of the older 521 Tab, which I don't want.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Is there any way I can save certain replies so I can reference them later or will I have to look through the whole thread each time?
I don't know, but I did tell ECF in the settings page to send me an email notification on the threads I'm watching/chatting in. You can save the emails.

Waxxiii

Jan 13, 2016
I've been having a look around Fasttech and I came across these. They are advertised as authentic but I'm kind of confused because as far as I know the Evic VTC Mini doesn't come in these colours. The tank is also different to the EGo One that is usually supplied with the kit.

What gives? Can anyone shed any light?

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I've been having a look around Fasttech and I came across these. They are advertised as authentic but I'm kind of confused because as far as I know the Evic VTC Mini doesn't come in these colours. The tank is also different to the EGo One that is usually supplied with the kit.

Ah, there 2 different Evic VTC Mini Kits.
Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 60W Full Kit
Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 75W Tron Full Kit
The difference in watts is negligible because it is firmware upgradeable to 75W. The kit with the Tron tank is cheaper, but no Cyan colour option.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

LOL. :)

That's the colour I have, @Waxxiii

I think we can say mine is Authentic as I bought it direct from Joyetech UK.

As far as I know. 60w just means "old" stock. They upgraded the firmware to 75w and repackaged the kit.
I still wouldn't buy the kit though... urgh... Joyetech are not good at tanks.
We told them this years ago, but they just wouldn't listen. Too busy selling stoneage tech to newbies in the shops.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
My hellboy RDA showed up yesterday from Amazon. It didn't work :(

One of the holes on the centre post hadn't been threaded correctly, the screw would go so far then just pop up. Went to a vape shop and bought a magma in a huff (it isn't pink). Regardless of colour, I don't like it in comparison to the other half's velocity. So last night I ordered myself a lush. Really looking forward to that arriving.

Anyway the point of that was it was from Amazon. There are good and bad and products everywhere. Just take your time searching, unlike me, who seen pink and added to basket.

On the bright side, the guy in the shop yesterday put a single Clapton in my magma, I accidentally shorted it a few hours later while trying to get more air into the thing (the main reason I prefer velocity, like a nice cool airy vape). So last night I completed my first ever solo, unsupervised build! Took two attempts, got a lot of dry burns with the first attempt. Eventually I did it and my little tool kit hasn't even arrived it so I did the coil by hand and trimmed with giant kitchen scissors! It isn't pretty but it's all mine and it works :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
well done! I still remember the first one I managed that actually worked. And take a look at a Wotofo Sapor.

Reactions: braveminion

braveminion

Jan 13, 2016
well done! I still remember the first one I managed that actually worked. And take a look at a Wotofo Sapor.
I've got myself a fishbone today. The magma was just unusable for me but it taught me a lot about how to build and what it is that I'm looking for in an RDA so it wasn't a waste.

I've been practicing making coils by hand today and they are getting much neater and more consistent. If my little tool kit gets delayed at least I can fairly confidently chuck some together if needed. My other half doesn't know how to do although I'm teaching him as I learn, so I'm responsible for the maintenance of both our set ups.

I'm really enjoying it. Should have tried this year's ago :)

You guys are all great. It's nice to have people who understand that first build excitement and don't look at me like I'm crazy!

Reactions: WillyZee

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I've got myself a fishbone today. The magma was just unusable for me but it taught me a lot about how to build and what it is that I'm looking for in an RDA so it wasn't a waste.

I've been practicing making coils by hand today and they are getting much neater and more consistent. If my little tool kit gets delayed at least I can fairly confidently chuck some together if needed. My other half doesn't know how to do although I'm teaching him as I learn, so I'm responsible for the maintenance of both our set ups.

I'm really enjoying it. Should have tried this year's ago :)

You guys are all great. It's nice to have people who understand that first build excitement and don't look at me like I'm crazy!

which Fishbone? I have one, she's a cloud chucker. I really like glass cap drippers, they look so cool. But they're fragile. I've gone thru 3 tops for my Aris Pro and my gal broke the one I gave her for Christmas the day she got it. I have replaced it with a Sapor in white/red spatter paint. I don't care for bottom air drippers much, which is why my Fishbone doesn't see a lot of use. I guess I "overdrip," and they puke juice on my mods.

If your tools aren't in, how are you squeezing your coils? The ceramic tip tweezers are worth the money, btw. One tip: after you have test fired your coils and annealed them into contact and they're burning evenly, re-tighten the post screws to make sure they didn't work loose from the heat and tweaking the coils into contact. Then test fire them again. And when you get your ohmmeter, check 4 times; at installation, after test fire, after wicking and after installing the barrel or top cap. If your resistance varies more than about .2, you've probably loosened a post screw. If it suddenly doubles (dual coil) or goes infinite (single coil), you've broken a coil leg. If it drops way down with the barrel or top cap on, one of your coils is grounding.

This is, in fact, a lot of fun. One of the reasons I love mech mods is they are so challenging to build well. Have fun :)

Reactions: KayP

braveminion

Jan 13, 2016
which Fishbone? I have one, she's a cloud chucker. I really like glass cap drippers, they look so cool. But they're fragile. I've gone thru 3 tops for my Aris Pro and my gal broke the one I gave her for Christmas the day she got it. I have replaced it with a Sapor in white/red spatter paint. I don't care for bottom air drippers much, which is why my Fishbone doesn't see a lot of use. I guess I "overdrip," and they puke juice on my mods.

If your tools aren't in, how are you squeezing your coils? The ceramic tip tweezers are worth the money, btw. One tip: after you have test fired your coils and annealed them into contact and they're burning evenly, re-tighten the post screws to make sure they didn't work loose from the heat and tweaking the coils into contact. Then test fire them again. And when you get your ohmmeter, check 4 times; at installation, after test fire, after wicking and after installing the barrel or top cap. If your resistance varies more than about .2, you've probably loosened a post screw. If it suddenly doubles (dual coil) or goes infinite (single coil), you've broken a coil leg. If it drops way down with the barrel or top cap on, one of your coils is grounding.

This is, in fact, a lot of fun. One of the reasons I love mech mods is they are so challenging to build well. Have fun :)
Fishbone x5? Or that may be an s.

I have used my teeth to push the coils into the handle of the little screwdriver that came with my kanger tank. Like I said, it isn't pretty but it works lol.

Thank you for the advice. My sponge brain really appreciates all these little tidbits I've been picking up on this forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread