Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Hmm, not that easy. A standard 900 mAh battery will be able to put out a burst of nearly 2 amps at 3.7 volts. if you crack the volts up, amps will drop down somewhat, but the result would be a higher energy deliverd by the coil.
If really voltage is higher, you will get a hotter coil, resulting probably in shorter pulls, so the time you get out of the battery could be even longer, depending on how you vape exactly.

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yes, not trackable would be fine. BTW, today I got your Ego booster, and 2 more packages from the US from different venders. All ordered at 24-08. One of the US vendors sended it trackable the other only charging me 6$ non trackable. And yours also trackable, wich BTW didn´t work. All ordered the same day, all received the same day. Shipping fees cheapest 6$ yours the most expensive at 15$ can. and the other US seller 16 US$. So what do you say now?

Hey fsroq!

We looked into your case and it turns out that, unfortunately, our shipping rate calculator overcharged for a small number of our International Small Packet Air orders (13 actually, including yours). We have resolved the problem and are now crediting back the difference to affected customers.

We apologize for the mixup and thanks for helping us identify this problem!

International Small Packet Air is, in fact, our non-trackable option and to most major international cities it should come to $8-10 CAD. This is the best price we have been able to find for international shipping from Canada and it is unaffected by the packaging (as the weight is the main determinant with this type of shipping and the box does not add a significant amount).

I am actually glad it got there in only a week, though.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Call or email any time! Happy vaping!
Jack

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Happy Jack,

Just got also an email, telling me the same.

I didn´t ask for any refund, so I am quite surprised to get one.

Thats the diference between good and bad companys, both will make mistakes, but the good one will act in a way the customer feels completely satisfied, wich is my case.

Really apreciate your way of doing business, and will recomend your company to anyone asking for it.

That I like the booster you will have seen allready in my posts here.

Thank You very much indeed.

Hey fsroq!

We looked into your case and it turns out that, unfortunately, our shipping rate calculator overcharged for a small number of our International Small Packet Air orders (13 actually, including yours). We have resolved the problem and are now crediting back the difference to affected customers.

We apologize for the mixup and thanks for helping us identify this problem!

International Small Packet Air is, in fact, our non-trackable option and to most major international cities it should come to $8-10 CAD. This is the best price we have been able to find for international shipping from Canada and it is unaffected by the packaging (as the weight is the main determinant with this type of shipping and the box does not add a significant amount).

I am actually glad it got there in only a week, though.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Call or email any time! Happy Vaping!
Jack

I've had the Ego Booster for several days now and I am VERY happy with it! In fact, I find it almost impossible to vape my Ego without it now, so I don't ;) My favorite vaping is at 4.7v with NR Cartomizers. What a difference. As far as battery life I frankly am not noticing a difference, however I rarely let a battery run all the way down and typically swap out after a few hours. I am probably a moderate vaper, but all I need is one battery for an 8 hr shift at work, then when I get home I swap to a new battery. I was reluctant on the price at first, but well worth it for me!

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
I've been using mine for three days now and I'm amazed! I have it dialed to what I think is about 4.2, (top arrow pointed just between straight up and middle left) :blush:, using standard ohm cartos and it's perfect for me. I even use a 510-808 adapter for my V4L CoolCarts... amazing taste and vapor!

My eGos were not my favorite PV until I got the Ego Booster, now I love, love, love them!

I did try it at maximum, but it was way too hot for me and the liquid tasted burnt. I don't notice a battery depletion either, but like Woodchuck, I never let my batts go until they blink at me to be charged.

Thank you Happy Vaper! ;)

<clip>

I did try it at maximum, but it was way too hot for me and the liquid tasted burnt. I don't notice a battery depletion either, but like Woodchuck, I never let my batts go until they blink at me to be charged.

Thank you Happy Vaper! ;)

I wonder if it depends on the cartomizer. I get no burnt taste at 4.7v, however, dripping with an atomizer I do for some reason so I don't go above 4v. I've kind of given up on dripping recently. The cartos are so convenient that I've gotten lazy about dripping ;)

Ken

Woodchuck I think you are totally right, it depends on the cartomizer/atty you are using. That's why VV is nice, since it allows you to find the right operating point for a particular cartomizer/atty. Add on top of that people's individual tastes (which vary WIDELY of course), and its hard for me to imagine how anyone could get by without a VV device.

I have a personal bias, of course.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
I started only a few month ago with VV. Should have started with it. Now if I had only to have one PV it surely would be a VV.
The Ego booster is very nice for SR cartos or atys, thats where I will keep using it for. Must try how a boge 2.0 behaves with it.
One of the things I like, it keeps regulated the voltage at the point where you put it.

Yes, and I must point out that some of the devices that are touted as "VV" vary the voltage by simply pulsing the battery and changing the duty cycle. While I guess you could call this "varying the voltage" (actually its more like varying the power), its not the same as a proper switching power supply circuit, because as the battery voltage drops, the output voltage will drop, too.

The higher quality VV Mods (for instance the Provari and Darwin) don't do this. They have a proper switching power supply circuit in there that maintains the voltage no matter what the battery voltage is. As the battery voltage drops, they compensate for it to keep it constant. When the battery voltage reaches a minimum cutoff, they simply stop working.

That's exactly what the eGo Booster does.

I dunno, but I think given the $60 price tag and the size, that's pretty cool.

But of course I am biased.

<snip>

The higher quality VV Mods (for instance the Provari and Darwin) don't do this. They have a proper switching power supply circuit in there that maintains the voltage no matter what the battery voltage is. As the battery voltage drops, they compensate for it to keep it constant. When the battery voltage reaches a minimum cutoff, they simply stop working.

That's exactly what the eGo Booster does.

I dunno, but I think given the $60 price tag and the size, that's pretty cool.

But of course I am biased.

Oh, that's great on how the voltage is kept constant. I was wondering if the Booster did that. And definitely worth the $60 tag for me and I'm NOT biased. LOL!

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Oh, that's great on how the voltage is kept constant. I was wondering if the Booster did that. And definitely worth the $60 tag for me and I'm NOT biased. LOL!

Worth the price for me. It has allowed me to re-try all my old 510 gear that I haven't used for a while.

I'm awaiting my 510 to Go-Go carto adapter. Getting a LR hit on one of these 3ml cartos will be great.

NorCal

Aug 5, 2011
California
Just got my eGo Booster two weeks ago. I have no idea how it works, but it does. There is a quite noticeable difference in vapor production and heat produced depending on how I turn the dial that changes the voltage.

It's a little expensive, but for someone who is already invested in eGo equipment and likes MAP tanks it is a fine product- any higher voltage would blow out a CE2 anyway. In other words, it satisfies all of my voltage-varying needs.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Worth the price for me. It has allowed me to re-try all my old 510 gear that I haven't used for a while.

I'm awaiting my 510 to Go-Go carto adapter. Getting a LR hit on one of these 3ml cartos will be great.

Just remember, LR was really made for 3.7v systems. You won't get nearly the effect from LR as you do from SR. I've verified this myself. You can still get improved vaping through LR cartos, but you have to turn it all the way up to get anything and it's not nearly as drastic a change as through a regular resistance carto/atty.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I picked up my new booster version 1.2 on my way to work today . I used an ego mega atomizer type B with cartridge ( with filler not a tank ) on it . It seemed to work fine but my two ego-T 1000mah batteries both ran out of juice in 3 hours each ( 6 hours total ) instead of the normal 9 or 10 hours each it usually takes me to use them up . Is this normal ? The atomizer is one I bought from Happy Vapor and my provari said it was 2 ohm . I brought it home and have tried it on other things and as far as I can see it is working as it should but have not given it the time test yet . The batteries have the ego-T written on the side and where bought from a reputable vendor . I also have a new one that I got when I ordered the booster but have not dared to try it with the booster yet .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread