Ego-C Twist VV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

masustic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2012
Northern Michigan
yea it feels good! just as solid as my other joy products. Knob feels solid and turns fairly easy. numbers are a little tough to read in less than perfect light but all in all works great. not sure about battery life yet but i have been moderatly vaping it at 4.4 since 2:00 this afternoon and still rockin!

Riffy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
New Orleans
USPS... tracking says it's still in IL and it's Tuesday still LOL! They have the worst tracking system ever. But says it's expected tomorrow so... hoping I get it tomorrow. At least the mail comes really early here since I live next to the post office. :)

Can't wait to hear more about them. Really can't wait to get my hands on it!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I got mine today. And it's on the charger now - I was trying various things and not sure if it was at full charge to start. I'll have more info tomorrow. But I vaped it mostly today from around noon to 8pm but again, at various voltages and not exclusively.

It runs just as cozz said it does in his video - thanks for that cozz. I don't have an underload meter (think I'll order one this week) but I have a good gauge because I'm vaping the same ejuice flavors for going on two years. The twist runs the SR atty on the eGo-c very hot. For most of my flavors, it's too hot and for the first time on the eGo-c I did burn some ejuices. Still the strongest flavor that I'm using on the eGo-c - Decadent Vapours Real TABs (just figure a strong tobacco flavor), it held up better than the others at 4.8V and held up well at 4.0V. I normallly use one of my SE Riva's for that flavor vs. eGo-c batts for most of the others.

The exceptions are the BWB Applewood and the 'espresso' blend I DIY with DV's Doppio Espresso and BWB Esp. and Capp. I normally vape that on a cisco 1.5Ω lr 306 on a vv eGo from LF and recently changed to the upgrade PT from Joye. On the wire it runs at 4.0-4.2V and is the same taste I got from the LF vv eGo at top voltage. Sooo... I put the 1.5 cisco on the twist and while it worked - at 15Watts, :) I didn't have it long at the voltage - huge vapor and the flavor held up. I put it at 4.4v and that was a good vape - still at high wattage. Later I took an EMDCC that I've used for the coffee blend and used that at 4.8V. Worked fine and in fact ran much more cooler than the attempts of running the eGo0-c SR attys which get quite hot at that voltage.

I intend to get the older mega eGo attys and carts out of the drawer to test them. I've always been of the mind that the spike in the eGo-t is what caused the ejuice burn in direct contact - unlike how the steel mesh in a regular atty reacts with a cartridge... and I did have a little leak on a B atty at high voltage - not on the A's though (this is with the eGo-c not the t - which I haven't tried it). The mega attys/cart along with the EMDCC might be the best match for the Twist - although I don't have any of the MAP Tanks and don't do other cartos much anymore - so some of them may work as well. I intend to test out some hv attys and a few cartos at 3.0Ω that I have laying around from when I was vaping a 5Volt mod.

The 650mAh Twist as cozz pointed out, iirc, is the same diameter as any eGo - the lenght is a few mm's longer than the 1000mAh regular eGo batt. Although there are different connections now, there of course would be no need for any adapter for any eGo atty/carto connection (unlike the e-power for the short time that I had that one, or any of the other mods that don't allow for the eGo 'skirt'), so the EMDCC is a good match imo where you're getting the ohms without as much heat. I've usually just vaped the espresso at home on the PT with the cisco, but now I can take it out :)

Another plus for newbies still trying to find their 'flavors' is that with the same ohm'd atty, you can test out flavors at almost any wattage from 4-15W and as most vets know - some flavors that are 'throw aways' at one voltage can come alive at other voltages - it would have saved me some juice money had I had this option early one when ohms were basically fixed and more voltage was expensive. The expresso blend that I love at 4+V tastes like nothing at 3.3Volts and the black currant (and other lighter flavors) begins to be washed out at even 3.5V (on an eGo SR atty) and tasteless at 3.7V, but are great at 3.3V.

This is a great 'starter' vv imo. Of course therre's no exchangeable batt and time will tell how long it lasts. I was particularly careful hooking it up to the cisco and didn't 'stay there long' at 15W.... The electronics on the dual coil should make it safe but again - I can see me using the older eGo megas on this as well...

Just 'first day' impressions.... ;)

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks Kent for the great write up. I wonder if the 1000mah if going to be fatter or longer compared to the 650? I think I wouild prefer fatter, but either case works.

Like you said, I am really looking forward to this PV to test the waters in the VV world. I cannot afford a provari until my wife gets into her career and I really like that this should be smaller than the provari to carry anyways. I know, I know, nothing beats a Provari:p

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Like you said, I am really looking forward to this PV to test the waters in the VV world. I cannot afford a provari until my wife gets into her career and I really like that this should be smaller than the provari to carry anyways. I know, I know, nothing beats a Provari:p

The knock off I use daily (see my picture) isn't too bad for VV vaping. You can get the 650 for $20 I believe, I got 2 900's for $25 each. It'll make a good backup for the twist when I get one :)

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I got mine from freedomsmokeusa. It's not the ego-twist, but it's an ego-style battery that has VV capability. Also has a cool LCD that shows the life of the battery. It's not joyetech though, but I still like it :) For $20, it's not a huge expenditure, and will give you a taste of it while you wait :)

**EDIT** sorry about that, went and looked to see if they had the twist yet, and saw that they uppded their price from $20 to $23 for the 650. Makes it even more worthwhile to spend the extra $2 for the 900 mah, unless you really want it in a color other than black or silver

**EDIT AGAIN** After searching for the twist in other places, I found the knock off VV ego for cheaper at indyvapor.com :)

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I don't have an underload meter (think I'll order one this week)

This is a great 'starter' vv imo. Of course therre's no exchangeable batt and time will tell how long it lasts. I was particularly careful hooking it up to the cisco and didn't 'stay there long' at 15W.... The electronics on the dual coil should make it safe but again - I can see me using the older eGo megas on this as well...

If you're thinking of getting an inline Volt reader like MadVapes sell I don't think it will work on that circuitry though it will be nice if it does.

On your comment a about 15w. Have you read that the C Twist will handle 15W?

Errol

Riffy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
New Orleans
Well... been playing with it all day and it's pretty nice. Seems pretty consistent down to the end. Doesn't drop off as badly as a regular ego battery. I chain vaped 2 batteries dead in under 6hrs, 650mah. I don't normally chain vape that much but I kept trying different volts. Have yet to decide where the sweet spot for me is. Keep hovering around 4.2-4.4v. It makes a nice difference in the tastes of things for sure. At the higher voltages the ego-c tanks really shine. It does of course get hotter faster. Also, It's pretty big for a 650mah bat! It's almost a full inch longer than a normal ego 650mah bat. It seems as solid as all the other ego bats.

Only complaint, I think they couldn't have made the dial more unreadable. It's tiny engravings on silver. It's a ..... to read if the light doesn't hit it just right. If it's dark, forget it. Hopefully the engravings will show up better as it gets older.

All in all, I'm happy with it! Glad I got em!

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
Got mine today also, been using it with Vision Stardust's. It's great, I typically do not care for a freshly charged Ego clone battery such as a Riva, seemed kinda harsh off the charger for the first 10 to 12 drags. BUT with the EGO-C Twist I find a nice consistent vape between 4.0 and 4.2 from start to finish, the twist definitively is a great intro to VV. This is the first time I have tried VV, and I dig it. The consistancy of the voltage and performance was excellent. Once I dialed in to 4.2v I was good to go, and the vape was perfect up to the last drag when the batt blinked and told me to charge it. I will order my back up Ego C Twist this coming week. I had a lavatube in a cart for 3 month and just didn't pull the trigger cause of the $60 for the kit and 20$+ for a map or J tank. $60 for 2 Ego C Twist's is a good deal, plus I leverage my stock of brand new Stardust's, I'm good to go. the best part was I use 80/20 pg/vg juice (Chocolate Lust by Gourmet Vapor) and at 4.0v its very good, at 4.2v's I'm pushing it, but the best part was filling my stardust up to 90% w/Chocolate Lust and 10% Good Prophets Peanut Butter 100% VG and taking it up to 4.2v was Nirvana! Like vaping a Reese's Peanut Butter cup!...lol. I am so glad I purchased the Ego C Twist, it's great portable vv device and it's plug and play with a stardust. Just note it's about 3/4" longer than a typical Ego 650 mah batt, but that really does not bother me due to the capability of this device. I'm hooked! Battery life @ 4.0 to 4.2v wasnt really that bad, just like my Ego/riva clone's for vape time, just a way more consistent vape til the end. I'm sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread