eGo charger not charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

undefind

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
California
am i supposed to completely clean the charger? i have used it 3 times and had to clean the battery and charger each time in order for it to work. the most recent charge lasted about half the time it lasted when i first got it. additionally, the wall charger doesnt seem to work at all and i cant get the battery to charge on the usb charger anymore.

did i break something? :( what should i do.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have found that keeping the battery and charger clean is pretty important to getting a good charge. e-liquid is not conductive and can form a barrier that prevents proper charging. If you always clean your battery before charging it, you won't have to clean the charger out very often. I usually just wipe the battery contacts with a paper towel before charging. It takes some practice to really get the paper towel in there deep enough to get all the juice out. After a while it will only take seconds. Using a bit of alcohol on there from time to time is probably a good idea too.

I suppose this advice does not apply to clean, tidy vapers. It applies to me because I am messy and I flood my atomizer a good deal. Sometimes I get lucky and unscrew the atomizer to find that there have been no leaks back onto the contacts of the battery. No cleaning needed.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
There are 2 possible issues:-
1) charging threads not clean. this is the most common problem. If you're having real challenges with the cleaning - alcohol swabs may be the best way to go. Simply wipe the inside of the threads on the battery, charger and atomizer at the end of each day.
2) if your wall charger is not working after cleaning - either it's faulty or there was a power surge that has shorted the circuits. There are cities and towns where surges are more common - real killer for electronics. A new wall charger and the purchase of a surge protector will correct the problem.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread