Ego EVIC vs Sigilei Zmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishercat

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
Hello,

Been using ecigs, the pre-filled automatic ones bought at a grocery store, for awhile and finally purchased an Ego-T kit a few weeks ago. I totally love it and now I'm hooked. I want to dive into the world of VV VW and was looking to purchase either the Ego E Vic or Sigilei Zmax. So, I was wondering which one you might recommend. I can get either one for the same price, so that isn't really a consideration. The techie in me loves the EVIC, but the Sigilei seems to be a better mod. Any help would be much appreciated.

worthatry

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Charlotte
I am pretty new to vaping but I have had the Evic for 3 days now and like it but I think with the step up from the Ego(even the twist) I would have probably liked any of them. As far as the watts/volts limit I vape 100% VG right now on a 2.8 Ohm vivi nova and can't get it to wick fast enough to vape past 7ish watts so I am not sure why the limit matters. Maybe when I get more advanced I will figure it out. I think it's personal preference though but I think most people here, from what I have read, will tell you to get anything other than the Evic. Maybe even a Blu starter kit :laugh: If you are new like me I think moving up you will be happy with whatever you decide to go with and then when you get more into fine tuning for the ultimate vape you may have to buy something else that fits exactly what are you looking for when you know what that is. However, with the Evic it's at least possible that the eventual upgrades in the firmware may mean you won't need a new one as it can adapt to the current hot items.

I like that the Evic does work as a passthrough though the battery life seems weak to me so far or maybe I vape too much lol. I would also guess they will eventually sell smaller bodies that will allow you to make it smaller. But any of the upgrades are just me contemplating on what they may do so who really knows.

brhollifield

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Hampton Roads Virginia
I don't have the Evic but was considering one before I got the Zmax, check out PBusardos review of both on taste yourjuice.com... He really goes in depth... Something else you might look at that costs a little less is the VAMO... There is also a review of that on there as well and comes highly recommended ... I'm lookin to pick one of those up soon.

fishercat

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
Thanks for all your advice. I think I'm going with the Zmax. As much as the nerd in me loves the Evic, it seems like with it, you give up some capability for stuff that I really don't need.

I've looked into the VAMO, but once I got batteries and charger it ended up being just a few dollars less than the Zmax.

I know, the Provari is king. But, I'm not quite ready to put out that kinda coin yet. Hopefully by the time I'm ready for it, a new version will be out with both VV and VW.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I have the evic and it is good for the 7-8 watt vaping I do. In device battery charging is nice, software upgrades are nice and the menu, though not quick to navigate, is easy to navigate. I don't use it as a passthrough though you can, something about firing a charging 18650 near my face makes me just use something else while I am charging in device. It's pretty much 105 for the kit everywhere.

I saw the Sigelei zmax v2 device only for 70 bucks here.

Sigelei ZMax Variable Watts Ecig Mod

For that price you can add an AW IMR and a charger to get it for the same price as the eVic kit. Seems like the way to go if you want more power/accuracy and the in device charging isn't important to you.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
quite frankly, i think the siguieli'max is one of the best devices out there right now (this is coming from the owner of TWO provaris) simply for it's extreme flexibility...you have the option of extreme power or mellow vape with a few clicks....and is a great bang for your buck

sent from my Optimus Prime using Tapatalk Infinity

Blurgas

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2012
The Evic limits the volts/watts you can put to your carto/atty/clearo, go with the Zmax.
Even though I don't have an eVic of my own to tinker with, I've been keeping an eye on it and it seems Joye/Ovale pre-programmed some limits so people don't fry their juice or burn out attys/cartos/etc
Some poking around I've done and some posts from others seems to indicate anything above 9W would be overkill for just about anything with ~8W being the "upper ideal"

A few things to consider in regards to the eVic.
1. I really wouldn't be surprised if people started making their own firmware updates for the eVic to tweak it how they like(ex: removing volt/watt limit)
2. The eVic hasn't been out for 2 months yet and looks like it has some high potential. I'd say give Joye/Ovale time to hammer out the kinks

Like I said, pretty much just my outside observations

ChicagoGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Philippines via Chicago
I feel weird that I am still rocking a Twist.

Haven't heard a mumble about the Twist since the Zmax, eVic, Itaste MVP, and Vamo appeared.

I'm not whining or anything. I'm just amazed at the supersonic developments in this area.

I have both the mods being discussed here...along with a twist. Vaping has become a hobby for me so my mod collection is starting to increase, but in all honesty...I could be content with a twist, one of my rebuildables and some of my favorite juices. You really can't go wrong with a twist.

ChicagoGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Philippines via Chicago
Even though I don't have an eVic of my own to tinker with, I've been keeping an eye on it and it seems Joye/Ovale pre-programmed some limits so people don't fry their juice or burn out attys/cartos/etc
Some poking around I've done and some posts from others seems to indicate anything above 9W would be overkill for just about anything with ~8W being the "upper ideal"

1. I really wouldn't be surprised if people started making their own firmware updates for the eVic to tweak it how they like(ex: removing volt/watt limit)
2. The eVic hasn't been out for 2 months yet and looks like it has some high potential. I'd say give Joye/Ovale time to hammer out the kinks

:thumb:

I always vape low ohm builds so the eVic has been perfectly fine for me. After the 1.1 update, I don't really have the need to jump in and out of the menus anymore. Adjusting the wattage for whatever fits the liquid I'm vaping is now less of a hassle and the performance (7.5-8.5W @ 1.6Ohms) has been satisfying. The thing I like about the eVic is the power adjustments are in .1 increments vs. .5 in the sigelei.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz

the issue isn't the volt/watt limitations of the SOFTWARE that limits the eVIC, the issue with the device (which is the root cause for it limiting the volts/watts) is the AMP limitation on the SWITCH (a HARDWARE issue)....no two ways you look at it, a two amp switch really isn't much, you're not going to get much power out of the thing past 8 or 9 watts, even if you "hack" the firmware on the device, it will still be hardware limited, and won't produce the power, look to PBusardo's video on it, as i think he phrased it the best-

why have a device that has a 15 watt setting if it is unable to produce it?

granted they have since fixed it and it no longer has this setting since the 1.1 firmware update, but i don't see it producing any higher power than it already can

edit: i wanted to add, i'm not bashing the device, it looks like a solid entry level mod that has some potential, however, i think it to be underpowered (i usually vape in the 10-12 watt range) and i'm thinking that, even with the ability to update firmware, this is probably going to get the good ol' version 2 treatment soon...i'm not calling it a total fail, but it needs a better switch at a minimum.

Last edited:

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Are there different zmax? Or Sigilei the only one?; we love our provaris but my wife is still constantly change the V cause she can't hold the button down when vaping. Ugh! Activates the menu. I need something that will stay locked at where you set it. Is zmax it? And I think VW may be for her as she's constantly swapping tanks.

OK. And most important where I'd the cheapest zmax? Body only?

ChicagoGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Philippines via Chicago
Are there different zmax? Or Sigilei the only one?; we love our provaris but my wife is still constantly change the V cause she can't hold the button down when vaping. Ugh! Activates the menu. I need something that will stay locked at where you set it. Is zmax it? And I think VW may be for her as she's constantly swapping tanks.

OK. And most important where I'd the cheapest zmax? Body only?

Actually, for a no-nonsense VW experience you might want to look into a mech mod with a kick. No menus to fiddle with, just a consistently good vape. For someone who constantly changes tanks and accidentally changes settings(it's happened to me on the zmax), that would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread