Eleaf IStick 50W coming Jan 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Check eciggity FB page for details. MVP 3 may obsolete before its announced.

I pray Innokin does not try to follow suit , stick with the 20 and 30 watt devices Innokin, your devices are superior anyway in my experience , the eleaf can't even down regulate correctly and if i am going for a 50 watt device it certainly won't be a fixed batteryversion of one.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Eleaf knows they've got a good product and they sure are milking it with all these new options. The 50w device looks nice but I would probably get the 30 watt one instead. I never really vape over 10 watts anyways, but the connection issues on the original Eleaf drives me crazy. I did stick that o-ring underneath the pin which seems to have fixed the problem, but I would like a device that would let me vape lower ohm coils. Plus I prefer the smaller size. Man... so many choices. I think if you are good on devices for now, I'd just wait for everything to come out first and decide then. And who knows... maybe something newer and better will be announced and thus the cycle continues.

And VapeNW is a reputable vendor, I have ordered from them a few times with no issues.

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
They fixed all the issues with the new ones, spring loaded pin, stainless threads ect. Don't know about the voltage calculation yet tho. The 50W has a 4400 ma battery, holy crap! prob. 2 - 2200 batts. Plus two new tanks. Melo, a sub ohm, pre built coil, 3.5 mil. Delta 2, a larger one with juice control, rebuildable I think. Eleaf is playin Hard Ball!! :sneaky:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I wonder if these will actually get delivered soon or if its gonna be a month or more before anyone gets these in their hands. I am very interested in this, I was going to get a mech mod but this is cheaper, has a huge battery and I can charge it with a usb cord, seems like a no brainer to buy this unless it's junk

The 30W is scheduled to ship out from Eleaf on January 15th, and the 50W is on the 25th-30th. So, they should be in the vendors/stores hands by mid-February at the latest.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Clear this thread up for anybody wanting to know...

Price on the 50W iStick direct from iSmoka is $30.20/ea for just the device. (MOQ 100) Price drops at MOQ 500.

Price on the 30W iStick direct from iSmoka is $21.50/ea for just the device. (MOQ 100) Price drops at MOQ 500.

Price on the 20W iStick direct from iSmoka is $19.00/ea for just the device. (MOQ 100) Price drops at MOQ 500.

Price on the 10W iStick direct from iSmoka is $12.00/ea for just the device. (MOQ 100) Price drops at MOQ 500.

These prices are what a vendor or coop host would pay, but it also does not include freight costs, import taxes or wire transfer or Paypal fees. Those costs can only be calculated once an order in ready to be placed with the manufacturer.

The more items being ordered, the cheaper each item becomes because there are more to split the other costs associated and if orders reach higher MOQ's.

They're also releasing a new tank called the Melo, which looks like an Aspire Atlantis clone...cept the heads price is WAY cheap! Only $1.30/ea. The tank is $12.00/ea, which is also much cheaper than the over-priced Atlantis.

I don't have data yet on the possible RMS conversion, nor do I know yet if the dual 18650 batts are wired in series or parallel...and am waiting for engineering to respond with those answers.

But so far...the 50W could in fact be RMS and series batts making this version of the iStick uber-efficient and very powerful!

Basic info can be found here:

iStick 50W (4400mAh)

And just to separate any confusion, Eleaf is not a manufacturer...it's a trademark owned by iSmoka.

iSmoka's parent company is Joyetech, so everything that iSmoka makes, are made using Joyetech components....including the heads!

iSmoka is Joye's "off-brand" but has the identical quality of Joye's own line of products.

So if you buy iSmoka stuff, you're essentially buying Joyetech stuff for half the price or even a third of the price of Joyetech's line.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Good to know about the Melo coil head cost, only concern is retail availability.

A lot will depend on how it matches up with the Atlantis.

So far, the Atlantis is being crushed by the Kanger subtank.

Usually it's the opposite and Eigate (Aspire trademark) has been killing Kanger in sales all around, but not this time. The Atlantis is a flop from a manufacturing to sales ratio...it's not doing well at all.

So it's very possible that a vendor will give the Melo a test-run against the under-performing Atlantis.

Joyetech makes supreme "everything", so the iSmoka heads should also taste just as fantastic....but the market will decide in the end.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Sooo... Joyetech = iSmoka = Eleaf? All pretty much the same?

No quite. :)

Joyetech is an "exclusive club" where only major distributors can buy from them directly. This is why you rarely (if ever) see coops for Joyetech stuff....at least until very recently.

Back in about 2009, Joyetech stopped selling to the public and would only sell their stuff with VERY high MOQ's...starting in the 1000+ items per each minimum orders. This immediately wiped out all small vendors and suppliers which allowed Joyetech to more easily price-fix all of their products without any of the hassles of monitoring the retail sales side.

Needless to say, this decision ruined Joyetech globally and they lost 90% of their customer base. Joyetech was once "King of the Hill" and no other e-cig manufacturer could beat their products. They literally ruled anything and everything e-cig back then....but when they went "exclusive", they buried themselves in a shallow grave.

A year following this decision, came their gravestone....the first ever mod recall, the first release of the e-Vic. That was the Joyetech game-ender and they all but disappeared from the global e-cig industry.

Only recently are they trying to make a comeback by purchasing iSmoka. By doing this, they're able to re-enter mainstream small vendor sales with low MOQ's without disrupting their own product lines or having to dump their whole price-fixing scheme. They've also (only very recently) started selling to small distributors and have all but erased the "exclusive club" and are trying to get back on top again.

iSmoka is it's own company, but they're owned by Joyetech.

Eleaf is nothing, it's just a brand name for a specific product line...just like Aspire is a brand named product line for Eigate.

iSmoka = Manufacturer
Eleaf = Brand name product line

Eigate = Manufacturer
Aspire = Brand name product line

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Have you ever compared the Eleaf GS Air coil and Egrip coils? They look identical except for the price tag.

Correct!

This is the Joyetech eGrip head.

head_02.jpg

And this is the iSmoka GS Air head.

GS_Air_04.jpg

Now even though they look pretty much identical, it's not known (by me anyways) of they in fact are one in the same internally?

You'd have to verify it with someone who owns both tanks and heads to really know. Taste is subjective, but you'd get a much clearer comparison from a user than any vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread