Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slkpmp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2017
All three of mine came in boxes wrapped with clear in plastic. I can't remember where on the box it is, but there is a QR code that can be scanned. That takes you to the eleaf website where you can enter the code found beneath the scratch off.
I stated before, but might not have made it clear. It did pass the scratch and sniff authentication code from the website. But that info is on the box not on the device itself. So in essence the box is authentic but the device itself may not be,,,, if that makes sense??

And I'm not really questioning if it's real or not,,, but if it was opened before it reached me.. That's the question

Edit,,,, I am emailing the seller about the situation.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I stated before, but might not have made it clear. It did pass the scratch and sniff authentication code from the website. But that info is on the box not on the device itself. So in essence the box is authentic but the device itself may not be,,,, if that makes sense??

And I'm not really questioning if it's real or not,,, but if it was opened before it reached me.. That's the question

Ahh. I missed that you'd already tested it. Good idea to check with the seller.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Just received one from Volcano today.
    Plastic wrap on the box.
    No screen film, but none of my other 6 had it, or was wrapped inside the box.
    I'm confident the device is not a clone.
    Could be yours was opened for display?

Slkpmp

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2017
    Just received one from Volcano today.

Could be yours was opened for display?

That's about all I can think of, Seems authentic.. I did also notice some small scratches on the bottom.
    Scratches my other Pico I've had for awhile, which has been to work with me doesn't have..
    I have submitted pics to the seller.
    We shall see how it goes down,
    If the second purchased Pico hadn't already shipped, I would have tried to cancel that order. I'm all for saving a few bucks but peace of mind is another story.

Slkpmp

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2017
    Seller is sending another device with a prepaid label to send this one back. They state they do not sell reburbished items and this must have come from the manufacturer like this.
    I believe anything can happen in today's world, and can fully accept this offer of sending another device from the seller.
    Now if the second one I ordered comes open like this,,,, that's a different story.
    But as already stated a wrapped box from volcano was recieved by another member, so this truly may have been a fluke.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Seller is sending another device with a prepaid label to send this one back. They state they do not sell reburbished items and this must have come from the manufacturer like this.
    I believe anything can happen in today's world, and can fully accept this offer of sending another device from the seller.
    Now if the second one I ordered comes open like this,,,, that's a different story.
    But as already stated a wrapped box from volcano was recieved by another member, so this truly may have been a fluke.
    Glad they are stepping up.
    One way of confirming if the device is a clone, is to do the firmware update:
    Softwares for iStick Pico - Eleaf electronic cigarette
    A clone will not update.
    The one I was sent was a v1.0 firmware
    Probably don't want to do this, to the one you are sending back, tho.

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Just bought a "Fire HD 8"...

Wanted to have the internet with me when I'm out and about...but have NO interest in making/receiving phone calls...(or paying cell phone charges)...

For $70 :shock: ...what more could I want?

[There's a lot to learn with it...(I've only used Windows PC's)...but since Alexa is "always there" I just ask "her" when I need any assistance using it...:thumbs: ]

I haven't chatted with Alexa yet..but i did see a funny video of Siri & Alexa arguing

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    • Useful
    Reactions: stols001

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    SFSG...CVapor has many colors...including "full black"...

$24.20 with FREE shipping...

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W Box Mod Supports VW/Bypass/TC/TCR Modes - Cvapor.com

Thenks for the suggestion. Most of my hardware purchases in the past 2 years have been from FT because they happen to carry particular items I'm stockpiling, including picos, and because they have the dollar items that are hard to find or hard to order like battery sleeves. I keep a fasttech wishlist then create a cart for usually about $50 then do a buy every couple of months. The price you showed me for Piicos is 80 cents less than FT. I'll go with FT for that little difference so that FT has a decent size order to fullfill because there will be half a dozen dollar items. I bought my rebuilding wiire from Temco because their price was the same or better and they are US and specialize in wire. I bought some rda's from another source because FT "discontinued" them (now back in stock).

Does anyone know of an online seller with an even larger selection of rda's than Fasttech? Rda's for MTL seem vanishingly rare. I'm looking for others that might not be on FT.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Just hold the "Home" circle at the bottom => BLUE line appears => ask for what want...

[Do NOT have to say "Alexia" first...like you do on Echo, etc.]

Cool i just tried it....she refused to answer my husband.. And i don't blame her ;)

halfempty

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2014
    Miami, FL
    Does anyone know of an online seller with an even larger selection of rda's than Fasttech? Rda's for MTL seem vanishingly rare. I'm looking for others that might not be on FT.
    In general I don't think anyone has a larger selection than FT, but recently 3fvape had a bunch of MTL RDAs on their site.

Cloudblast

Oct 26, 2017
    All you need are:

- a nail file or sand paper or a fine grit file
    - good model paint or nail polish
    -masking tape

Step 1: mark where the battery cap would "touch" your crown tank or other tank

step 2: remove the cap, protect the threads of the cap with masking tape or any tape.

step 3: file down the cap where it would touch until the groove disappears so it looks flat.

Step 4: clean with rubbing alcohol or water whatever

Step 5: paint, if you use good model paint or even good nail polish. The slight warmth from the mod/tank will harden the paint perfectly.

there you go! The crown tank is my only favourite loved tank. And the pico lets me enjoy it when i cant take a big mod.

worth the 15-30 mins of work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 95
    Last edited:

Cloudblast

Oct 26, 2017
    Another battery cap done to make sure I didnt just have a fluke good outcome. Did this for a friend and polished the mod with a buffing pad. These things are really easy to take apart as i learned first hand. A torx screwdriver kit, all the screws are the same. This is my new favourite portable rig

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 110

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
    Feb 13, 2015
    Cleveland, OH
    Going back to the genuine or not question. The box was wrapped in plastic but no protective plastic on the device, screen, buttons, etc. The mod did accept the firmware update (1.03) and the authenticity code checked out so I'm guessing/hoping it's authentic.

The one thing that makes me wonder though is the tank. In every YT review I saw on the Melo III, the Eleaf logo and the Melo III Mini logos were laser etched on the metal. Mine has no markings at all. Anyone else get a tank with no markings?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread