Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
$4.15 shipping at Discount Vapers. That's 33.14 shipped. Way too much. fasttech charges shipping too I think for under $50.

I appreciate the time, but I've already got vendors that are selling between $23.59 and $26.67 shipped. The last one I got from RMV I think I paid around $22.
fasttech does not charge shipping.

I just got another 75w Pico from Rocky Mountain. They only had white with copper trim, but that was fine. I had been wanting that color anyway. I get the feeling RMV is selling off their stock. Don't seem to have anything new for a good while, and that 30% sale has been going on since before Thanksgiving 2016. Good folks and very reliable.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
fasttech does not charge shipping.

I just got another 75w Pico from Rocky Mountain. They only had white with copper trim, but that was fine. I had been wanting that color anyway. I get the feeling RMV is selling off their stock. Don't seem to have anything new for a good while, and that 30% sale has been going on since before Thanksgiving 2016. Good folks and very reliable.

Thanks. Fasttech actually has a 10% coupon code good for today only. So I'm deciding if I should try getting one from them for $23.25. My concern is that because this is a spare, I'm not going to open it and try it unless mine breaks. Should be well out of warranty by then. Been vaping my original Pico for almost 2 years now, and it's been great. I only charge it on a table, and I've only dropped it a handful of times. The finish has held up pretty well compared to the istick 20, 30, 40w I had.

If I wanted to buy from an actual Chinese company though, I would have just buy it from Gearbest for 34 cents more.

Fasttech doesn't have the pico 75w in stock. They have to grab it from a vendor and it'll ship in 3 days, so they're probably just gonna pull it from some random Chinese seller.

Is Fasttech still removing the authenticity sticker on some of their stuff or was that just in the past? I understand they do it so the vendors can't get mad since they're not authorized to sell them.

Last edited:

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Alright, well I've spent like 2 full days figuring out where to order it from. Got tired of it, and since Fasttech had the cheapest price other than ebay, I went for it with the 10% off coupon code. Paid $23.25 and got it shipped to my work in case they require a signature. Hopefully my original doesn't give me another trouble for a month, but I got my istick 30 watt as a backup if that happens.

I still may buy another Pico on ebay later on. It says "100% original" and it's only $17, so it may be worth a shot. On the weekends sometimes I have to recharge my battery and put it down for an hour or two. I'd like to not have to disconnect it every time I need to take a puff.

If anyone wants one sooner, they should get it from Direct Vapor. There's some link you can click to get 5% off, but it was kinda hard to find.

It wasn't necessarily about the price, but rather a place that I can trust to not send me a fake because I'm not opening it for a while. With it out of production now, it's probably the same Chinese factory crapshoot unless someone has old stock, which I wouldn't be able to tell.

@Coastal Cowboy. Thanks for suggesting Fasttech. More expensive for regular price, but it's like the only place that actually had a coupon today that worked on everything.

Last edited:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Alright, well I've spent like 2 full days figuring out where to order it from. Got tired of it, and since Fasttech had the cheapest price other than ebay, I went for it with the 10% off coupon code. Paid $23.25 and got it shipped to my work in case they require a signature. Hopefully my original doesn't give me another trouble for a month, but I got my istick 30 watt as a backup if that happens.

I still may buy another Pico on ebay later on. It says "100% original" and it's only $17, so it may be worth a shot. On the weekends sometimes I have to recharge my battery and put it down for an hour or two. I'd like to not have to disconnect it every time I need to take a puff.

If anyone wants one sooner, they should get it from Direct Vapor. There's some link you can click to get 5% off, but it was kinda hard to find.

It wasn't necessarily about the price, but rather a place that I can trust to not send me a fake because I'm not opening it for a while. With it out of production now, it's probably the same Chinese factory crapshoot unless someone has old stock, which I wouldn't be able to tell.

@Coastal Cowboy. Thanks for suggesting Fasttech. More expensive for regular price, but it's like the only place that actually had a coupon today that worked on everything.
If you don't mind white with copper trim, $22-plus (coupon code: Turkey) at MTV is a very safe and fast option. I've never had trouble with Fasttech, but it sure does take a while.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
If you don't mind white with copper trim, $22-plus (coupon code: Turkey) at MTV is a very safe and fast option. I've never had trouble with Fasttech, but it sure does take a while.

Nah, I'm pretty set on the black one. For the cheap one I may get, I'll probably go with a different color so I can easily tell which ones which. I think I saw HealthCabin had the Pico Mega in Pink only for $8. It doesn't count towards free shipping though, or I would have bought it.

I don't mind the wait. My other one was sitting under my desk for almost a year.

P.S. I just replaced the 18650 after 20 months. It was starting to discharge relatively quickly, so I figured it was time. The new one probably lasts 2-3 times longer before it drops to 3.6v, when I usually put it on the charger. I don't like lower than 3.8, but I'm just OCD sometimes.

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Nah, I'm pretty set on the black one. For the cheap one I may get, I'll probably go with a different color so I can easily tell which ones which. I think I saw HealthCabin had the Pico Mega in Pink only for $8. It doesn't count towards free shipping though, or I would have bought it.

I don't mind the wait. My other one was sitting under my desk for almost a year.
Yeah, Health Cabin gets you on the back end. Still some good deals, but the shipping can take some of the shine off, especially if you order several things that don't qualify toward free shipping.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
My concern is that because this is a spare, I'm not going to open it and try it unless mine breaks.
i have lots of spare picos and other mods, they all get test drove for at least one battery before going in the stash to make sure none of them are DOA while the warranty is still active.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Not sure I get the Pico using a 21700. The nice thing about those batteries is the ability to get 30A and 3,000 mAh vs. an 18650 which is limited in that a 30A battery is only capable of holding 1,500 mAh. You really don’t need a 30A battery with use under 75W, so you end up with a larger box for a more expensive battery than you need. For say a 2 battery mod where you do want to use high wattage the 21700s are good options trading a little larger firm factor for longer run times.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The included Avatar 30A 21700 sounds BS to me, considering all the other Avatar brand batteries are grossly overrated. We will have to wait until Mooch puts it through it's paces.

The iJoy 21700's are junk, and the Samsung 30T or 40T's are no where to be found, so it will be interesting to see what this battery actually is.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
In the above video, the reviewer (forgot his name already :lol:) says that they give you an 18650 adapter, as well, so no need to run out and buy 21700s right away.

I adore the Picos, but given I have so many (don't ask :lol:) of the 75s already and 4 of the Pico 25s, I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to justify this one (did I just say that? :shock:). It does accommodate 25mm tanks, but that's what my Pico 25s are for and I seldomly go over 50w anyway. ;)

I gotta admit, I really like that Rainbow (Christmas Edition - they could have left off the whole "Christmas" thing & made it simply a "Limited Edition" IMO) of the Invoke :thumb:, but I'm just now seeing mention of them? :confused:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hmm... I'm wondering if I'm the only pico person having this issue with the newer TC pico (which is my first operational pico). I only use two mods that have a single battery that is removable and swap-outable, (a P3) and I'm noticing ONE nick in almost every battery that I've used for my single battery mods. I am fairly certain it's the pico because it only started when I began using the pico, and it's in the right place for the pico screw-cap battery top. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what can I do about it? It's frustrating because it's in the same place on every battery, and I have to do some rewraps now... But I'd kind of like to solve the issue before I rewrap and have it happen again. I'm using Samsung 25s, which are my main battery type.

Do I need to leave the cap slightly looser? Has anyone had this issue? And I have also heard that batteries can have slight differences in size, so I'm wondering if getting a couple LG batteries might be useful for just this mod? I have to admit I haven't been thrilled with mine overall, for battery life either.... IDK but if anyone has any help on the battery use I'd be thrilled.

Thanks,

Anna

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Hmm... I'm wondering if I'm the only pico person having this issue with the newer TC pico (which is my first operational pico). I only use two mods that have a single battery that is removable and swap-outable, (a P3) and I'm noticing ONE nick in almost every battery that I've used for my single battery mods. I am fairly certain it's the pico because it only started when I began using the pico, and it's in the right place for the pico screw-cap battery top. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what can I do about it? It's frustrating because it's in the same place on every battery, and I have to do some rewraps now... But I'd kind of like to solve the issue before I rewrap and have it happen again. I'm using Samsung 25s, which are my main battery type.

Do I need to leave the cap slightly looser? Has anyone had this issue? And I have also heard that batteries can have slight differences in size, so I'm wondering if getting a couple LG batteries might be useful for just this mod? I have to admit I haven't been thrilled with mine overall, for battery life either.... IDK but if anyone has any help on the battery use I'd be thrilled.

Thanks,

Anna
Any pics of this nick in the wrapper? It might not be that big of a deal depending on where it is.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
It's near the bottom of the battery, about 1/3 inch from the negative end. I'm having trouble uploading pics at the moment, but I took one and when I can, I will.

Anna
I'm just guessing until you upload a picture, but can you feel any burrs in the cap or body tube? You might try rubbing lightly with a cotton ball to see if something is snagging in the battery hole. If you find a burr, you can try burnishing it smooth with a metal object like a screwdriver to knock it down. I think burnishing will be better than sanding so you don't have any metal dust floating around in there.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If it’s at the negative end you don’t have much to worry about. It’s the nicks on the positive end where the insulator is where the positive and negative are very close to each other where you keep a careful watch.

Still always a good idea to have extra wraps hanging around just in case you do need to rewrap a tear.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I watched a mike vapes video on the new pico on youtube. He did a direct size comparison. The 21700 version is fat enough in the barrel to accommodate a 25 mm tank and the 21700 battery. It's also a bit taller. It is noticably bigger than the original. It allows 100 watts instead of 75.. For me it's not a replacement for the original pico. I never go above 20 watts and use only 22mm atomizers. The original pico with a 3000 mah battery lasts me a full work day. May be it's an alternative to the Mega. It doesn't outclass the original unless you need the extra power or room for a bigger atomizer.

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
May be it's an alternative to the Mega.
It is a replacement for it, IMO. I doubt the orig pico is going anywhere real soon but if the new one sells well enough (and regular pico sales fall off as a result) it could replace the 22mm/18650 version eventually also.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
My concern is that because this is a spare, I'm not going to open it and try it unless mine breaks.

Well azn...me personally...:2c:...I'd NEVER even consider putting a Mod into "back-up storage" until I tested it while it was still under warranty...:shock:

so I'm wondering if getting a couple LG batteries might be useful for just this mod? I have to admit I haven't been thrilled with mine overall, for battery life either.... IDK but if anyone has any help on the battery use I'd be thrilled.

stols...PBusardo had a great post by @Mooch comparing the Samsung-30Q/Sony VT-6/LGHG-2...(but it appears to have been removed from his Archives)...

To summarize Mooch's testing...

Samsung-30Q...many recycles, retains more capacity than VTC-6

Sony VTC-6...good but fewer recycles than 30Q

LGHG-2...lowest retaining capacity

Vapecrawler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread