Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Going back to the genuine or not question. The box was wrapped in plastic but no protective plastic on the device, screen, buttons, etc. The mod did accept the firmware update (1.03) and the authenticity code checked out so I'm guessing/hoping it's authentic.

The one thing that makes me wonder though is the tank. In every YT review I saw on the Melo III, the eleaf logo and the Melo III Mini logos were laser etched on the metal. Mine has no markings at all. Anyone else get a tank with no markings?
No markings on the Melo III Mini that came with my Dual. Mine is all black.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Going back to the genuine or not question. The box was wrapped in plastic but no protective plastic on the device, screen, buttons, etc. The mod did accept the firmware update (1.03) and the authenticity code checked out so I'm guessing/hoping it's authentic.

The one thing that makes me wonder though is the tank. In every YT review I saw on the Melo III, the Eleaf logo and the Melo III Mini logos were laser etched on the metal. Mine has no markings at all. Anyone else get a tank with no markings?

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Reactions: stols001

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Thanks for the followup.

A friend ordered the same kit from a different vendor and his didn't have markings either. I actually emailed Eleaf and they said that tanks could have slight variations depending on the batch they came from. They also said if the authenticity checked out, it's original—seemed pretty definitive about that.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
At the bottom my tank it says Eleaf Mello 111 Mini, with the tank on it only works in wattage, won't go to any temp modes. With RBA tanks with SS coils .24 ohms it also did not go to temp modes for both Smok and Griffin tanks. Not sure what to do with this thing, just not working in temp mode with SS coils. It is the Pico 25.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
At the bottom my tank it says Eleaf Mello 111 Mini, with the tank on it only works in wattage, won't go to any temp modes. With RBA tanks with SS coils .24 ohms it also did not go to temp modes for both Smok and Griffin tanks. Not sure what to do with this thing, just not working in temp mode with SS coils. It is the Pico 25.
Unless you are using the Ni200 or Titanium EC heads, the Melo III will not work with temperature control. There are many variations of SS wire, so for those other RBA tanks you will probably have to use a TCR mode and tweak the value for the wire that you have.

The Pico with stock firmware can also be quite challenging to get a properly working TC at times. I use ArcticFox firmware on my Pico and Cuboid, it works 100x better and is much easier to fine tune for a better TC vape.

Download the Tools and Firmware from here:
NFE Team

Also do you have any experience with a properly working TC mod? If not, Daniel from DJlsb Vapes has a great video explaining TC and how to use it.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I noticed that Vaporesso has come out with a version of the Pico form factor called the Swag, priced about the same as a Pico. Their innovation is a taller battery door so the body of the mod can be shorter so the overall height with atomizer can be less. My guess is it shortens things by about 1/4". It probably has a nicer screen. It's more stylish, right?
1512063492035719473.jpg

I gave it some thought. I'm NOT going to get one and here are my reasons. There will probably not be a silicone sleeve, which I require (once that goes on the style points go away). The taller battery door will interfere with the slip ring I use to block the air supply on my rda for pocket carry. Finally, I'm sure it won't be Arctic Fox compatible, a negative for me.

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Happy New Year Pico friends. Haven't been on the board for a very long time. Haven't really needed to, as I've been using my original Pico 75w exclusively for about 2 years now, and even bought a spare.

Well a friend needed a replacement quickly, so I sold him my spare knowing that I could replace it pretty quickly. I saw quite a few on ebay for pretty cheap, but after looking deeper, I realized that there's a lot of fakes, and I won't even be opening the package on the spare, so I don't want it to not work.

So I've spent hours trying to find the best price. I don't mind waiting from China, but I'm afraid it leaves it open for a counterfeit one. Especially since they're discontinued now, and someone is making new runs of them. I usually order from RockyMountainVapor but they're sold out of them.

Here's my research.

Ebay - $18.50 from someone that claims "100% authentic"
Gearbest - $23.59, more reliable than you'd expect from China but very crappy CS.
Cvapor - $24.20, another China vendor.
HealthCabin - $26.67, China vendor, but guaranteed authentic with very good reputation. Free shipping above $29.90, minus 5% code is $29.06 if I buy an AWT 2 amp charger with it. I don't really need that charger that often though, I charge mine on my desk at work every day. Fully charged by 10AM. I have a charger that came with my HG2 battery, but it's slow as molasses.

Direct Vapor - $25.60, after 5% coupon. USA vendor with price match and authenticity guarantee.

If anyone knows a reliable vendor that has the cheapest price for an original black pico, please let me know.

P.S. I'm aware that there are other colors now, and that RMV has the Pico 25 for $26.60, but I want the original one. The Pico 25 is bigger, and I always use the same 22mm tank. And I like the way the black one looks, no funky skins or copper finish. I'm not really in a hurry, but the longer it's been since discontinued, the harder it'll be to find real ones.

Oh yeah, and a random question. How common are tanks larger than 22mm now? It's fine for me, but my friend changes tanks every once in a while. His Aspire Atlantis had an issue with his AFC rubbing the cap originally, but the one he's using now is fine.

Last edited:

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
I saw mentioned on a live show that a pico 21700 is coming out.

Good to know! Apparently it uses a 21700 battery by default though. I think it'll be bigger than the original pico too, as the Pico 25 was bigger than the original too. I like keep my mods as small as possible (I have small hands too). 21700 battery should carry higher MAH for better battery life, so that's nice.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Good to know! Apparently it uses a 21700 battery by default though. I think it'll be bigger than the original pico too, as the Pico 25 was bigger than the original too. I like keep my mods as small as possible (I have small hands too). 21700 battery should carry higher MAH for better battery life, so that's nice.
Most of my hardware has come from Fastech, may be a couple dozen orders in the past 3 years and everything has been fine. My experience and their reputation is if they say it's authentic they mean it. You'll wait 10 days to 2 weeks but shipping will be free and include a tracking number.

The pico is limited to 22mm atomizers. That is no inconvenience for me. I do MTL exclusively. I have no use for impressive clouds 22mm is plenty of room for my single coil. A larger inner chamber could have too much space for my smaller puffs and commpromise vape quality. If you don't need bigger clouds you don't need a bigger atomizer..

A pico able to take the 21700 battery will be a biit larger than the 18650 version but it should still be ble to use an 18650. As things stand, a Pico with a 3000mah 18650 gets me through a full day without recharging. That's all it needs to do. Like you, I want the smallest mod that can do that. I also have a Pico Mega for rare days when charging won't be available all day and I want a bit of safety margin. Today may be I'd get a 21700 pico instead of a Mega even though the 26650 battery for the Mega has a bit more capacity.

Edit, I watched the video above. He could have put the new and original side by side and didn't. I don't need the higher watts rating. The extra mah would be nice but not so important for me since the original lasts all day. If the new version is noticably bigger may be it's a replacement for the mega but not the original--for me.

Last edited:

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia

$4.15 shipping at Discount Vapers. That's 33.14 shipped. Way too much. Fasttech charges shipping too I think for under $50.

I appreciate the time, but I've already got vendors that are selling between $23.59 and $26.67 shipped. The last one I got from RMV I think I paid around $22.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread