Eleaf Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I waited a couple of days before pulling the trigger on those. Should I, na, I should, na, over and over. I finally said to myself, "Why not, they'll keep for a long time since they don't have an internal battery". I have batteries and a good charger around and batteries will always be available. Wish they had a built in charger though.

I tried them out with one of my GS Airs at 13 watts. On my istick 20w, I rarely go over 10w with those. Very nice vape, feel good in my hand and very good looking (I got black ones).

The KBox is a really nice little simple mod, a little bit of a delay from sleep till fire but that's no biggie.

I received some mesh so I had to try out a new build in the Origenny.
yHTPYEr.jpg

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Now we sit drooling over temp limiting. What's next, nuclear-powered mods?

Hmm...you may have hit on something here
    Completely ignoring the safety issues....Dripping onto a pile of just barely sub-critical plutonium? How hot does that stuff get?

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    I appologize Bike, I think I was one of the ones giving you grief. At least you hung around long enough to realize yeah I'm a buttwhole but a pretty good ole buttwhole! :lol:
    No need for apologies. I'm hard to get offended and I've always had problems first meetin people with my dry sense of humor. The only posts that bothered me were moderated.
    I think the rest was funny. :laugh:
    ETA: My opinion of you hasn't changed a bit :laugh:

aldenf

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2014
    NYC, NJ, USA
    My complaint with a lot of mods is there's no way to repair them for the average person. A simple switch problem can doom the whole thing. Even if it is the same price as something new, there's a few that I'd rather hang onto for as long as I can. I wish there was someone who was into repairing mods.

I hear exactly what your saying. There are many on ECF that have offered to fix others' mods, gratis. You'll find many cool customers at B&Ms that will help... It just doesn't make any sense to pay someone to fix a <$100 mod. Skilled labor don't come cheap. I start billing at $50/hr. My day-rates start at $350. Even at $25/hr, we might as well just buy a new iStick rather than have it fixed. Cheap disposable stuff. Who fixes televisions anymore?

aldenf

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2014
    NYC, NJ, USA
    Hmm...you may have hit on something here
    Completely ignoring the safety issues....Dripping onto a pile of just barely sub-critical plutonium? How hot does that stuff get?

Hot enough..........to vaporize you along with the juice. ;)

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    I remember well. I was there and followed everything. It was rather entertaining. I did feel a bit sorry for you. There were a couple of, shall we say, non-social people active on the thread back then. My favorite was your "I gotta start usin more smiley faces. :) :) :)".

Was it my blog that got you questioning the 20W? I was an early, very loud, critic of the 20W, particularly the electronics. I think I annoyed quite a few with my long techie rants. After I had it a week, I mostly shut up except for an occasional post in hopes that Eleaf was following this thread as they were Redit. With all its flaws, I was really enjoying it. When PBusardo's review came out, I usually just referred new posters to it. The 30W fixed every one of my complaints with the 20W and caused no drama in this thread. Then the 50W threw up all over itself. Well, enough of them did. I'm happy that drama hit other threads.

Now we sit drooling over temp limiting. What's next, nuclear-powered mods?
    Yeah I believe it was your blog about the 20. That's when I posted that I wish I had read it before wastin my money and then...

"Wasting Your Money?"
    upload_2015-5-23_19-46-45.jpeg
    :)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    Powder is cheap cause it goes a long way. To have something powder coated you have to cure it in an oven and they cost a lot to power. You don't want to mix colors in a batch as there is heat blowing around and little flecks of powder could easily contaminate another color. You would come out better buying a Sears powder gun and a Goodwill toaster oven and diy. The only thing is, the Vein coatings are thick, hard to remove and might not look so good with an overcoat. It can be done though. Are you sure you can't clean it up?
    I've tried everything I can think of...suggestions?

Reactions: mudram99

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    I've tried everything I can think of...suggestions?
    Not really. It's a tough coating. It's even hard to bead blast or come off with paint remover. All I know is that every piece of exercise equipment that I ever coated in the vein coatings, still looks like the day it came out of the oven. The quality is good on mine with the black wrinkle. It should last years and years.
    ETA: Maybe it's those contacts you're wearing...

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    I built a wick in wick from the 200 mesh for my MaxVG juice. Dual 28g coils ohm out at 0.5 and from the picture I see I need to bring up the power from 20W, the juice is starting to caramelize on the mesh. 30W or 35W should get rid of that.
    D8M72un.jpg
    Nice build TD. I thought about tryin some 400 mesh in my Delta II. Gotta do that.:)

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    Alden you can powder coat mods with a $50 gun and a toaster oven. :)

My first istick days on this thread :laugh: I got the whole town riled up :lol: Some were moderated. It was my fault though. :laugh: You sure didn't say anything against the 20w back in those days :)
    A sample if you care to read it:

I still go back there and read those pages of stuff when I'm reminded. Lot's of laughs. You had to be there.
    I remember it well. I was gonna make some popcorn.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    Not really. It's a tough coating. It's even hard to bead blast or come off with paint remover. All I know is that every piece of exercise equipment that I ever coated in the vein coatings, still looks like the day it came out of the oven. The quality is good on mine with the black wrinkle. It should last years and years.
    ETA: Maybe it's those contacts you're wearing...
    Not wearing contacts....you're a silly man!! I'll bet your wife thinks you're a laugh a minute!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I hear exactly what your saying. There are many on ECF that have offered to fix others' mods, gratis. You'll find many cool customers at B&Ms that will help... It just doesn't make any sense to pay someone to fix a <$100 mod. Skilled labor don't come cheap. I start billing at $50/hr. My day-rates start at $350. Even at $25/hr, we might as well just buy a new iStick rather than have it fixed. Cheap disposable stuff. Who fixes televisions anymore?

I wasn't thinking istick. :laugh: There's plenty of mods in the $100+ category. Does Provape loose $ on all their repairs? I didn't think they were making money, but I didn't think they were loosing it either. Siegeli had a center in Calif for awhile. Never heard much about it, but the idea the mod was warrentied for a year was a tipping point for me to purchase. That's gone now I guess. That's a reason I won't invest more than a couple of isticks worth of $ too.

If I'm going to pay $150-$200, I'll get a REO cause I know it's backed. I don't think a service center is unreasonable for manufacturers to help cover the cost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread