Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'm using the cord that came with the istick plugged into an adapter I got from another place. Just a usual usb - outlet adapter.
Today the istick took around 5 hours to charge. The battery icon had the flashing lightning in it and i checked it after 4 and a half hours and still going then a while later it was blank and i pressed the button and display lit up and battery icon was full with no lightning symbol.
Wolf...
Take a look at the little writing on your wall adapter. Look for Output. I'll bet yours is below 400mA

My Halo adapter says Output:5V=500mA
(the symbol isn't an equal sign, but a long dash with 3 little dashes under it) It takes 2+ hours to recharge.

I use the adapter from my Jawbone bluetooth device. 550mA, and 2 hours to charge, a bit quicker than the Halo one.

I have a wall wart that goes directly to a cord with the USB micro. It is only 5V=150mA. I made the mistake of using it to charge the stick, and it took 6 or more hours!

Find a USB adapter with a high current rating. 1000mA (1A) is ideal. The stick will only draw what it needs.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
FWIW I prefer the in hand feel of the rDna 40, my hands are probably larger then average.

Thanks. Mine are likely more average - The microstick with extension: (not my hand but close)
attachment.php

.... fits fine and like the side by side but the voltage drop is a negative factor... I've been a long time eGo-c upgrade user, only recently considering getting into other stuff, although I've had a Reo-mini as a regular vape for years, and various tube mods and box mods early on - 2009-'10.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Wolf...
Take a look at the little writing on your wall adapter. Look for Output. I'll bet yours is below 400mA

My Halo adapter says Output:5V=500mA
(the symbol isn't an equal sign, but a long dash with 3 little dashes under it) It takes 2+ hours to recharge.

I use the adapter from my Jawbone bluetooth device. 550mA, and 2 hours to charge, a bit quicker than the Halo one.

I have a wall wart that goes directly to a cord with the USB micro. It is only 5V=150mA. I made the mistake of using it to charge the stick, and it took 6 or more hours!

Find a USB adapter with a high current rating. 1000mA (1A) is ideal. The stick will only draw what it needs.

The adapter says - Travel Charger output DC 5.0V = 500mA

Yes same line plus 3 dots underneath.

Had the lightning symbol constantly flashing and then blank and it had stopped just a solid battery icon , yeah took around 5 hours.

Last edited:

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
The adapter says - Travel Charger output DC 5.0V = 500mA

Yes same line plus 3 dots underneath.

Had the lightning symbol constantly flashing and then blank and it had stopped just a solid battery icon , yeah took around 5 hours.

Wow, I lost that bet. However...

Maybe your unit isn't giving out the 500mA?

Look around and try another wall adapter and maybe another cable. (There are poor voltage dropping cables out there. I've played electric guitar for years, I know all about poor cables, lol) Neither of these are expensive. But I'd stay away from the adapters in a bin at Dollar General.

I usually 5 click my stick off to charge, not sure if it matters.

Just noticed your location. Are you using 110/120V AC power? If not, this might change things...

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I switched to the metal sleeve cases, and they don't ever get stuck. I like them better now- also I've found that they have a higher draw than the glass. Also the less fragile aspect helps. I've found the penis window shaped sleeve and the new crystal looking one, are both around 7.99 if you shop around.

What, exactly, do you mean by "higher draw"???

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
So I received my VS DNA 30 today (thanks to VS for getting it to me in CA from FL in 3 days!), and as expected for a device that costs nearly 4X, it is a vastly superior device. Even with the expected superiority in build quality, I'm noticing that my juice just tastes better and that my coils are not overheating like the iStick (even at its lowest settings). I'm now convinced more than ever that my iStick has a regulation problem since it fires wildly...the DNA 30 is just consistent and a pleasure to vape. With the iStick I found myself questioning every vape and whether it would be wretched and burnt. Also, there are no issues with ohm readings being all over the map...last night I rebuilt my Kayfun at a target of 1.5 ohms and the iStick registered it as 3.8 ohms. Without changing anything, the VS sees it at 1.4 ohms. I simply don't trust the readings I'm seeing on the iStick and the rattlesnake I've experienced is getting much worse. Sadly, it will end up in a drawer now. I'm glad most people are having a good experience though...I just seem to have received a dud.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Which Aerotank? Regular Aerotank, V2, or Aerotank Mega? And without the adapter, I assume.... I'm currently using the mini w/adapter but would like more capacity without going over the edge :)

Kangertech Aerotank 2, Aerotank Mini, Aerotank Mega, Aerotank Giant

I have a regular (older version) Aerotank with the V1 AFC (the one with the knurled edge). Works just fine, 19mm diameter. I also got the Emow mega--same dimensions, same performance. fancy V3 AFC. My mini Aerotank has a V2 AFC.

I like the old dual coils (with whiskers) and the upgraded, enclosed ones with two slots. The enclosed ones with 4 small holes (two on each side) don't seem to wick as well.

No adapter yet, but I don't use eGo-threaded atties on my Stick. I'm considering getting that flat generic AFC that Kat is using, though, to protect the threads.

Tank Airflow Controller

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I didn't have any info to make that prediction (bold). :) Have you had the DNA and rDNA 'in hand'? Wondered about them... Look small and took the measurements to compare but not like handling one. If the DNA had a replaceable batt, (and a DNA-40), I'd have one now.

Nope, but I've seen side-by-side pictures.

20140818_120949_zps4c4d3bdd.jpg

More pictures in this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ssion/507653-vaporshark-dna.html#post11705357

New Opus(?) and/or a Vapor Shark(?) in Brandon's (large) hands:

380372d1412987664t-evolv-technology-owners-discussion-thread-bvs.jpg

Hi Kat! :D

Last edited:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Thanks. Mine are likely more average - The microstick with extension: (not my hand but close)
attachment.php

.... fits fine and like the side by side but the voltage drop is a negative factor... I've been a long time eGo-c upgrade user, only recently considering getting into other stuff, although I've had a Reo-mini as a regular vape for years, and various tube mods and box mods early on - 2009-'10.

Then I think you would find the rDNA 40 very comfortable. I sure love mine! :vapor:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
So I received my VS DNA 30 today (thanks to VS for getting it to me in CA from FL in 3 days!), and as expected for a device that costs nearly 4X, it is a vastly superior device. Even with the expected superiority in build quality, I'm noticing that my juice just tastes better and that my coils are not overheating like the iStick (even at its lowest settings). I'm now convinced more than ever that my iStick has a regulation problem since it fires wildly...the DNA 30 is just consistent and a pleasure to vape. With the iStick I found myself questioning every vape and whether it would be wretched and burnt. Also, there are no issues with ohm readings being all over the map...last night I rebuilt my Kayfun at a target of 1.5 ohms and the iStick registered it as 3.8 ohms. Without changing anything, the VS sees it at 1.4 ohms. I simply don't trust the readings I'm seeing on the iStick and the rattlesnake I've experienced is getting much worse. Sadly, it will end up in a drawer now. I'm glad most people are having a good experience though...I just seem to have received a dud.

Same here,no comparison for me either, I wouldn`t trade 10 iSticks for my VS rDNA

JohnDoses

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Louisville, KY USA
Hey guys, KILLER deal on bvc heads from MyFreedomSmokes until the 24th of this month. Up to 2 packages, 40% off!

I just ordered 2 five packs of 1.8ohm bvc's, for 13 bucks shipped!!!

Coupon code is 40%COIL

*Edit* This is for ALL coils lol, not just bvc! Not sure why I didn't mention that....

Niiiiiice find. Can't beat that, I bought my packs, Thanks!

aznnp77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2014
Virginia
Unfortunately the shipping notice only means that an address label has been printed for your order. It usually gets "picked" from the warehouse and packed for shipping today. Tomorrow it will get picked up by the shipper, spend one day in the shipper's hub and arrive at your doorstep on the 3rd day. I ordered yesterday so mine should arrive Thursday. :) Disappointing isn't it? It's strange to me that I can get product from California in 2 days when it takes 3 days from almost anyplace else.

I understand what you're saying, but mine was actually picked up, went to the sort facility, moved to the origin facility, and left last night at 11 PM :).

USPS says it should be here on Friday, but usually that's a conservative estimate and it comes a day early. Won't matter to me either way. Great service by Sweet Vapes and great that the company with the best non-ebay prices that I've found was the first ones to have them in stock :p. Yeah, pretty dumb idea to make the adapter flip the tank on it's side, but I wouldn't be surprised if I actually use that feature.

I'm used to having pretty deep pockets because I'm always carrying a lot of stuff with me. Lots of keys, big wallet, pack of cigarettes and a lighter. With this "fitted jeans" trend that's currently in, the pockets are pretty shallow. When I had a longer device like an ego vv with a mini protank, the tip of the tank would always poke out of my pocket about a cm. I'll probably use that feature if I'm wearing some nice fitted dress pants. Otherwise I probably would have had to use a 1000mah non-vv ego battery.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have a regular (older version) Aerotank with the V1 AFC (the one with the knurled edge). Works just fine, 19mm diameter. I also got the Emow mega--same dimensions, same performance. fancy V3 AFC. My mini Aerotank has a V2 AFC.

I like the old dual coils (with whiskers) and the upgraded, enclosed ones with two slots. The enclosed ones with 4 small holes (two on each side) don't seem to wick as well.

No adapter yet, but I don't use eGo-threaded atties on my Stick. I'm considering getting that flat generic AFC that Kat is using, though, to protect the threads.

Tank Airflow Controller

Do it. They are somewhat stealth, protect the threads, height adjustable, cheap, jewelry friendly, totally kool old skool, and welp, they rock. Oh! And they provide air flow! :D

Nope, but I've seen side-by-side pictures.

20140818_120949_zps4c4d3bdd.jpg

More pictures in this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ssion/507653-vaporshark-dna.html#post11705357

New Opus(?) and/or a Vapor Shark(?) in Brandon's (large) hands:

Hi Kat! :D

Yippeee!!!! Brandon's hands are....... purrfect. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread