eleaf lemo leaks when on its side when it's filled over half way

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis85904

Nov 18, 2014
seattle
I just got my lemo about a week ago and I totally love everything about it. I have hardly touched my kayfun at all since buying it however the only problem I'm having which is really annoying me is that it leaks when I lay it on its side but it only leaks like that when I have it filled more than halfway. I'm pretty sure I'm not under wicking it and I just can't seem to figure out why it is doing this. And it's really annoying because I would like to be able to use the full capacity of the tank. Thanks in advance I have been browsing these forums for quite a while now.

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
Are you sure its leaking juice? Many people have noticed that between the 510 base and the tank base there is a huge build up of condensation after vaping for a while. If you had a lot of condensation in that area and you set the tank on its side it would figure that this water would gather near the air hole that is lower than the rest and slowly leak out of said airhole.

As far as liquid leaking out would seem to me you should check to make sure you are not missing any o-rings and that everything is put together tightly. I would check and make sure its not the condensation.

travis85904

Nov 18, 2014
seattle
Hmmm...

Every component is snug?
The black o-ring is on the top of the chimney, yeah?
The bottom and top half of the chimney aren't out of spec or anything?
Wicks in juice channel openings?

the chimney doesn't have an o-ring because it screws in both on the top and bottom. And I have my wicks pressed up against the deck. Should I try sticking them in the channels?

and yeah I'm sure it isn't condensation because I can tell that my juice level noticeably drops after it leaks

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
I was probably one of the first people to get a Lemo even before PBusardo review, and now own 4 of them and have never had one leak like like you are saying
only leak I had was when I forgot to put the screw back in the fill hole once.
I carry an extra one around in my pocket everyday, for when I feel like changing flavors,.
You may want to check your build, and make sure you are not missing or damaged any o-rings.

travis85904

Nov 18, 2014
seattle
upon further inspection I realized that I was in fact missing the o-ring that goes on the top of the chimney. I grabbed one of the spares from the spare parts that come in the box and put it on the chimney then refilled it almost all the way full and it seems like it's not going to leak. It hasn't so far at least so let's hope that fixes my issue. Thanks for all your help I will report back in a day or two to let you guys know how it went.

also I know for a fact that I am getting flooding because once it starts to leak I get a gurgle when I go to take a draw off it

Last edited:

travis85904

Nov 18, 2014
seattle
ok heres the pics of my setup. will post new pics after i re-wick also
DSCN0908.jpg
DSCN0905.jpg
DSCN0910.jpg
DSCN0912.jpg

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
Wicking is the hardest part of builds to be honest. I have some devices I just gave up on (Fogger 5). Not sure if you watch YouTube videos but I took my lay fun style wicking technique from pbusardo and it works every time. Look for his recent Russian 2.0 review. There is also a guy who posts under kayfunmods who does the same way.
Essentially they wick the coil and "bunny ear" the cotton and put the lower part of the chimney on and cut the wicks to the top of the chimney. Using a flat head screwdriver they push the end of the cotton down folding it on itself and push it into the channel. There are hundreds of ways to do it, just gotta find what works for you.
Hope your leaking is gone.

travis85904

Nov 18, 2014
seattle
That sucks I was thinking of purchasing this tank

It does suck, however I would still take the lemo over a kayfun any day. other than the leaking issues I had I haven't had any problems with it. And well yeah it does suck but it is only doing it when it is more than half way full. so even if I'm not able to fix it, I can still use it without having it leak so long as I don't full it over hallway full. Obviously I sure hope it doesn't come to that, but just something to keep in mind. The airflow was a deal breaker for me. My biggest complaint for the kayfun is the tight draw, I absolutely hated it. Add in a pyrex tank with 5 ml juice capacity and it just seemed like a no brainer. For me at least

travis85904

Nov 18, 2014
seattle
Update this if you would please. I have a Lemo on the way and bought it because it was highly praised as not being a leaker.

and yes I will be updating, if it leaks again then I will update Immediately, if I make it through the night without it leaking then I'll try to update sometime tomorrow in the early afternoon before I have school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread