Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
United States
Update:

I swapped out the glass which didn't help so before swapping parts with my others I took this one completely apart and gave every piece a good rinse. Let it dry and reassembled and problem fixed... No leaking whatsoever. It is easy to take apart and easy to put back together. Easy fix makes me happy!

It have been putting it on it's side intentionally and vaping it for ~4 hours with no problems.

IM_ALL_IN

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
NE
This thing has been nothing but a PITA for me from the start. My latest adventure resulted in having to use pliers to get the cheap garbage chimney off the base. My fault for over tightening it but still, it's cheap garbage. Threads got slightly jacked up and I then spend more time than I want to admit trying to round the top of the chimney so that the top cap would fit back on. Finally fixed it but I'm pretty much done with this leaky POS. Never again will I purchase any hardware that's is known to leak.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
the leaking issues in the lemo are pretty mysterious. when i visited a vape shop for troubleshooting they looked over all my o-rings, which were installed and in good condition. then they suggested i wasn't wicking enough (i brought them a clean and empty lemo), when it was rebuilt they used less cotton than i did. the amount of cotton i use is similar to the amount that comes installed when you buy it. the videos i have watched also use about the same amount of cotton. it was then suggested that the vg ratio of my juice was too low, which i find silly because i have experienced both pieces be completely leak free.
i have had such variable success with my lemo and lemo drop. i wick and rebuild them pretty much the same way, despite having experimented a bit with the amount of cotton i have used. i've had both pieces be leak free and then they would leak to varying degrees, both after an entire rebuild and even starting leaking after being leak free for a tank.
i really do like them, but i am so tired of leaking more juice than i vape sometimes.

Last edited:

mesamay2003

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
AZ, USA
When I have had leaking issues with my Lemo, when it wasn't an obvious assembly/gasket issue, it has always been due to flooding because of wicking issues...unlike the subtank mini rba, where you just want to barely touch the deck with the wick because of the smaller juice channels, the lemo needs more cotton, and the bunny ear method seems to work best for me...much larger juice channels on the lemo. I have found that if you don't have enough cotton, it will vape fine for a while with no leaks, but if it sits for a while, it will flood and leak at the airflow holes...

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
My flooding issues were over,once I started to make my coils,and wick larger! I use a small screwdriver shank,(3.4mm) to wind my coils on. Then I make the wick, large enough that it pulls through the coil,with a lot of tension,but not enough to move the coils out of position. Then I cut the wick tails about a 1/16 inch longer than the RBA sides,and push it down inside the RBA gently. I also make "small" channles in the wick tails,where you can just see a small portion of the juice channles openings. I think some people make the area above the juice channles too big,and it causes flooding? I've used 50/50,40/60,and 30/70 juice in the tank with no dry hits,or leaking.

Last edited:

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
after posting about my persistent leaking issues i started filling both of my lemos half way or just above half way when held upside down. i noticed when flipped right side up it seems much fuller. the leaking has slowed down dramatically when i started doing this. so maybe it is an issue of just overfilling without realizing.
no matter what though in my case the degree at which the lemo rests doesn't result in any less or more leaking.

WickedBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
United States
Update:

I swapped out the glass which didn't help so before swapping parts with my others I took this one completely apart and gave every piece a good rinse. Let it dry and reassembled and problem fixed... No leaking whatsoever. It is easy to take apart and easy to put back together. Easy fix makes me happy!

It have been putting it on it's side intentionally and vaping it for ~4 hours with no problems.

I have done this to two more leakers and 100% fixed it on both. I don't think I could make them leak if I want to. I am up to 5 regs 3 drops all leak free :)

vi3tl2ice

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Milpitas, CA
From my experiments, i noticed that if you DON'T block the juice channels with wicking material, it will leak if put on its side. It won't leak if held upright however. If you do block the juice channels with wicking material, it won't leak in whatever position it is in. My analogy for why it leaks when the juice channels are not block and put on its side is when you have a cup held upside down in water. The cup is submerged in the water but there is no water inside the cup because of the air pocket it created. However, when tilted towards its side the cup will start to get water inside and eventually losing the air pocket. So, when your lemo is upright, the juice can't free flow into the chamber because of this air pocket. But, when the juice channels are free and the lemo is on it's side, it will start free flowing and filling up the chamber. You won't get as good of wicking if you block the juice channels, but you won't be leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread