eleaf pico 75 clone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRaptureX

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2015
Why clone a Pico? I get cloning a $300 mechanical, even if it's shady, but a Pico is like $25-30 bucks. Makes no sense.

I hope it works well for you. I bought one recently and I love it. It wasn't a clone though, so I can't really comment on your query. I was a little surprised at just how small it was. I'm going to have to check back here and see how you made out.

End of line.

I have a kanger subvod mega as my only clone, because like you, I accidentally ordered it without realizing it wasn't the real deal, bu I don't notice anything different in performance between it and my smaller genuine subvod. With that said, neither of those devices have adjustable anything, they are both press the button and vape only devices, so I'm not sure a clone with more complex inner workings might fare. I noticed a cloned Pico today too that was being sold for about the same as an authentic Pico. I could see a clone being way less than the authentic version, and the draw of potential sales the lower cost would bring, but absolutely cannot fathom buying a known, advertised as such clone of a name brand product when you can get the authentic product for the exact same price of the cloned version. That makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Wouldn't surprise me if the Authentic Pico was produced in several workshops. It is very popular,,to keep up with demand.
That being said, some are uh "put aside", sold as clones.
Bet quality is similar, forget a warranty though..

Could also be B stock a factory contracted to make authentics for gets stuck with, then sells cheap to some third party rather than trashing them.

The only way I know my kanger is a clone besides the fact it was clearly labeled a 1:1 clone and had the brand listed as generic in the product info, was that even the authenticity card that comes with genuine kanger products had been reproduced. Except the cloned authenticity card had the numbers printed on non-holographic silver foil, whereas the genuine card uses holographic foil, and the number didn't match kanger's on their authenticity website. I don't understand why a company would waste the extra expense on a fake authentication card when the product is plainly stated to be a 1:1 clone in the first place anyway but whatever lol.
Well it came early. I don't really know how to tell that this is a clone to be honest. It's my first eleaf type product. Seems to work fine. The packaging looks legit

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
There's two things I won't buy clones of; batteries and regulated mods. Who knows how thick the wiring is and if it has any battery protection. I'll buy clones of mechs, RDA and maybe some tanks. All those things are simple and have a low risk of venting battery. Even then I inspect and test everything before I use it. I compare to buying a PSU for a computer; Yes a generic PSU will power everything and it might last you couple of years BUT it has the potential of killing the whole PC. If I were you I would get the authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread