Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
BTW - Good to See you Out of the OUTSIDE.

It is a Kinda a Dark Place. Glade to see you are Back where the Sun Shines.

;)
Actually, I've been doing some posting there today...

But I'm picking and choosing my words very carefully.
Those guys are like a school of piranhas and I don't want to get nicked.
:laugh:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I took the survey also. I added in remarks that they think we vape like we used to smoke. I don't and take a vape whenever I feel like it not 15 puffs in a row. I may take a couple of vapes now and then a couple more 15 minutes later. It irritates me they look at it like cigs. Of course I'm retired and don't have to worry about timing of anything.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I took it...it was similar to one i took a year or so ago, enough so that by the end i wasn't sure if i'd taken it before. i hope it's a new survey (and yeah, i let them know in the comments i might be a repeater)

Jonathan Foulds is one of the other researchers associated with the study. He's done credible research in the past and is pro harm reduction, so i'm comfortable thinking that the results won't be twisted.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
The impression I get from most of these surveys is they think you are addicted to the ecig and a lot of the questions are designed that way to prove a point. They don't seem to know much about vaping as in the 15 puff thing per use. I would like to see more informed vapors involved in the questions not just researchers who don't have a clue.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Actually, I've been doing some posting there today...

But I'm picking and choosing my words very carefully.
Those guys are like a school of piranhas and I don't want to get nicked.
:laugh:

Yeah... the OUTSIDE is a Dark Place where Vultures sit on Tree Branches waiting for a Hapless Victim to walk by. And the "One who Shall Not Be Mentioned" is in EVERY Thread looking for a Fight.

But that is why the OUTSIDE Exists. To keep the Fighting and the Bulling of the Cartel away from the Rest of the ECF. I like to think of it as the Radioactive Shielding in the Containment Vessel. Without it, the Radiation would seep into these Threads.

Much Better here don't you agree?

LOL

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Hopefully I 'skewed' their leading edge mentality when I responded that I've responded to at least a dozen previous surveys.

Will say that it was one of the better surveys in a while. Let's see how the 'numbers' fall out in their report...
beer_mug.gif
popcrn.gif

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hopefully I 'skewed' their leading edge mentality when I responded that I've responded to at least a dozen previous surveys.

Will say that it was one of the better surveys in a while. Let's see how the 'numbers' fall out in their report...
beer_mug.gif
popcrn.gif

And you Also Iffy with 7K.

Way to Go.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I too had a hard time with that one. I put 48 since the suggestion said something about a smoke lasting 10 minutes. I figured 4 times an hour, times a 12 hour day. 4x12=48 :D

All in all a very well written survey.

yeah that was a laugh; they actually must have been told there was something wrong with that question because they went further to suggest use 15 puffs as 1 time or use 10 minutes as 1 time.

I put 111 as my answer.

I put 150 :facepalm:
Math was never my strong suit. :laugh:
What?!?! Think that number is too high? ;)

Heh - they'll figure it out, hopefully, and drop the data for that question.

Reminds me of a test in college where everyone failed when an essay question counted for half your score. The professor worded the question so badly that everyone went in a very different direction than what she wanted. When the results came out she was actually rather ...... everyone answered incorrectly - and the rest of that class was spent discussing what was the point of her question. She finally relented when she was made to realize why no one gave her the answer she was expecting. The test didn't count in our final grades for that class.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Man... I gotta tell you.

I kinda Cringe whenever I hear NJoy and e-Cigarette Policy in the Same Post.

They are not sponsoring it - they are doing the same thing that the OP did here - spreading the word. They have a dog in the race just as each of us does. Good, bad or otherwise it's going to apply.

NJOY SIMPLY SAID:

"Researchers from Penn State University (lead investigator: Stephen Wilson) are conducting an online survey to improve understanding of electronic cigarettes."

"If you are an electronic cigarette user, you may complete the survey anonymously, or can provide contact details at the end if interested in participating in a laboratory study of electronic cigarette use."

Senile Old Man Don

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They are not sponsoring it - they are doing the same thing that the OP did here - spreading the word. They have a dog in the race just as each of us does. Good, bad or otherwise it's going to apply.

Oh they Definitely have a Dog in the Race. And some Dogs are Bigger and Can Run Faster.

Back in the Day, I think Many people pinned their Hopes on NJoy to be someone who would "Fight" for the Vaping Community when it came to the Fair Use of e-Cigarettes.

And I think Many of those people feel Let Down Today.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It could be argued that NJoy is the only reason that electronic cigarettes are not medical devices right now.
In fact it would be awfully hard to argue otherwise.

So what the hell is up with them lobbying for that status in Canada?
Why the change in tune?

I can't say for sure, but it is a pretty safe bet that it has to do with money.
And while NJoy may not have gone public yet, they do now have some big investors to satisfy.

I've seen good companies get built through doing the right thing... and change completely after going public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread