Element Vape- data breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
Rec'd a letter yesterday from Element vape advising of a data breach on their site between 12/6/17 and 6/27/18. Malware was found in their e-commerce software.
They said they do not have evidence of anyone's personal info being taken, but there is a possibility that it occurred.
They offered a year of Life Lock protection (for free) to help minimize any possible iddues that may come up.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I got the letter also. Didn't make any purchases during that time frame, but will probably take advantage of the Life Lock.
Professional of them to step up and notify customers.

Not really an option for them whether or not to do that. They're required by law to do that for any breach they become aware of including paying for a credit check and protection for one year.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Not really an option for them whether or not to do that. They're required by law to do that for any breach they become aware of including paying for a credit check and protection for one year.
    I thought that may be a requirement.
    Wonder why MFS never offered any protection after their breach a couple years ago?
    Only got an e-mail notification 8 months after the fact.
    Maybe a new law since then...

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I didn't get that letter and I ordered during that period. If there's a phone number on the letter can someone please send it to me?
    Quote from letter:
    "we have set up a dedicated support line through Lifelock, available 27/7/365. Please feel free to give us a call at 800-295-8833."
    You might try e-mailing Element vape first, to ask if a letter is being sent.
    There are unique promo codes and member ID, contained in the letter.

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    Element Vape already replied to my email. They explained the situation and told me if I hadn't received a letter within a week to email them again. I'm impressed that they replied so quickly.
    Thanks for making this situation known. Now I know to be on the lookout for my letter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread