Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
The flavor field is exploding! Excellent. I wish Janty would offer a small sample pack. I have bottles up the kazoo. But I want some of those Janty flavors. Cigar? Bring it on!

E-Cig liquid is awful, Dusty. One valid use of it would be to kill an atomizer just before a warranty expires. Otherwise, stay away from it.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
@Marian
Knutselpeter's tests also put e-Cig (china) liquid into his 'clogging-atomizers'-list. Though there are grades in different e-Cig tastes. Tasteless is only very lightly clogging (cleaning atomizer once every few months should be enough for that one). Next-best, though a fair step down from tasteless, are the tobacco-tastes of e-Cig; and the worst-clogging are the fruit-and sweet-tastes from e-Cig.
Best e-liquids he found so far are Janty, Sedansa, and PartySmoker. And best out of all his tests, as I understood, has so far been... Bickford flavors (I sent that to him without telling what it was, so it really puzzled him, lol... but no residu that would clog at all in that). (This is the only flavor he has tested, mind you.. so other flavors could be just as good too of course; but are unkowns as to his test-results up to now).

@Ludo: can't wait to find out if you might be the first (?) managing to get a real good mint/menthol-experience out there for all those menthol-smokers of old that keep searching for 'their' taste. :)

@TB - haha, but be advised that most if not all of the well-known companies giving warranty, exclude anything having 'unsafe/unknown liquids' in them from that warranty. I know that goes at least for Sedansa, Janty and PartySmoker... if they find traces of e-Cig liquid in sent-back parts, then they don't have to honor any warranty-claim...

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Just for reference I've been doing a bit more comparing of prices from some sellers -

E-Cig.com liquid up to 24mg nic (@ 50ml price) = $0.48 (£0.26) per ml + postage
Freesmoke up to 18mg nic (@ 50ml price) = €1.00 (£0.80) per ml + postage
Janty up to 16mg nic (@10ml price) = €0.80 (£0.64) per ml + postage
Jacobs Creek up to 24mg nic (@ 30ml US price) = $0.67 (£0.36) per ml + postage
Jacobs Creek up to 24mg nic (@ 30ml UK price) = £0.60 per ml UK postage included
The 36mg Totally Wicked liquid isn't on Pillbox's site yet so I don't know how much it'll cost but the current liquid goes up to 18mg nic, (@ 20ml price) = £0.75 per ml + £2.99 postage.

I won't even get into comparing how much it would cost to buy cartridges to squeeze instead, this can work out cheaper apparently.

Is there any chance of someone who has tried JC and Freesmoke giving us an idea of how they compare taste wise?

Katink, do you know if Knutselpeter did any tests on Freesmoke liquid? How did it do regarding residue? It's very expensive, I wonder if they justify that with better quality ingredients.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Katink, do you know if Knutselpeter did any tests on Freesmoke liquid? How did it do regarding residue? It's very expensive, I wonder if they justify that with better quality ingredients.
I'll hunt for possible info on that kate; but if my memory is right... I don't remember him testing that one (could of course be wrong though, so will look around).

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
And from next week onwards we will add these in cartridges AND liquid:

RED BULL :thumb:
Fennet
Hilton
Camel
Cigar
Blended
Licorice
Cherry
Strawberry
France pipe
Banana
Almond
Licorice
Mentha viridis/Mentha spicata
Green Tea
Clove
Jasmine
Black tea
Honeydew melon
Light fragrance
Concentrated fragrance
Virginia
Rose

NOTE: We recommend dripping cartridges instead of dripping directly on the atomizer.

That's great news!

Red Bull... Nice! Please say it has caffeine in it as well :D

Honeydew melon would be great. Honeydew is one of my favorite flavors.

Clove flavored? That's weird. Wonder how that would transfer into an e-cig... Though I never really liked clove cigarettes.

Green tea would be interesting. That's a popular flavor in Japan for candies and ice cream. I've had green tea flavored Pocky sticks and they were excellent.

Looks like e-liquid is becoming more accessible. :thumb:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I bet if Janty stock RY4 liquid it will sell well, it seems to be a favourite of quite a few people.

Leaford's review of Freesmoke liquid is here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/1344-freesmoke-first-impressions.html. I'd forgotton about that one. It's hard to get opinions on Freesmoke because not many people seem to have tried it. That could be because it's so expensive I suppose.

I have to agree with TBob about ecig.com liquid. It may be cheap but if it knackers your atomiser it's hardly a saving.

I'm inclined to go for a better quality liquid if I can find any. The problem is that we're all in the dark really about the quality and safety of most liquid. We only have anecdotal evidence and Knutselpeter's home tests to go by. The sooner it's regulated and the ingredients tested specifically for inhaling the better.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
OK, my take on JC versus Freesmoke.;

Freesmoke and JC are easily the two smoothest e-liquids. Neither is remotely harsh at all. By this, I'm talking about the raspy, irritating feeling, not the nicotine kick, which you can feel at the back of the throat.

Flavor wise, I don't have very sensitive taste, but a sniff test here is very revealing. It's hard to smell the flavor of e-cig.com or Janty liquid, but Freesmoke and especially JC are easy to smell. And delicious to smell, too. :D I tried Freesmoke Mint and Raspberry, and liked both. I didn't really like JC's Hickory, but loved their Cherry and Almod Coffee Cake. The Coffee Cake leaves a really nice cinimmony aftertaste. :YUM: I'd like to try their Chocolate Almond and Artic Mint, and will soon, hopefully.

In terms of vapor, Freesmoke produces less exhaled vapor than other e-liquids, while JC produces more than Janty and less than e-cig.com.

Freesmoke gave me no problems with clogging or leaking in the three weeks or so I used it. JC, though. has so far had to be cleaned out of my atomizers every couple days or so. Normally, i don't clean them regularly, or drain them out at night. Maybe that's why most people aren't having problems, they're more .... about maintenance. But with other liquids maybe every couple weeks I would have to blow out excess liquid, if that. ANd I have now tried it in brand new atomizers with the same result. Mac, I'd also like to try your new filtered juice, if you'd be so kind. Maybe that'll help.

Anyway, other than the frequent cleanings, and more limited selection of flavors (which is growing) JC is better than Freesmoke in vapor production, and is just as smooth, and is a lot cheaper.

I've been using almost nothing but JC since Mac's debut, and the few times I do use someone else's cartridges, that harshness hits my throat like a sandblaster. I really do hate smoking anything else anymore. :p

esmokey

Jun 25, 2008
Greetings,

My favourite e-liquid right now is European-Mix High density from ePuffer.com

I will represent ePuffer on this board and will try to keep you guys up-to date on their product releases.

As of today, ePuffer offers 12 e-liquid flavors in 4 different nicotine density. ( High, Mild, Low, Zero).

At the end of next week, they will introduce new Extra High (E-High) e-liquid density at 2.4mg

ePuffer.com e-Liquid Catalog:

Premium Tobacco
Euro-Mix Tobacco
State Ekspress 555
Hilten Tobacco
Marlbello Tobacco
Verginia Tobacco
Mint
Vanilla
Apple
Strawberry
Cherry
Coffee

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is getting scary. Liquid makers seemingly are popping out of the woodwork. WHO MAKES THIS STUFF, under what conditions, with what contents, with what assurance that ingesting it will not have deadly consequences? Do we know? The way things are now is ridiculous. E-liquid could be the next "tainted dog food."

Do yourself a favor and don't buy from a supplier who doesn't lab test the liquid contents and display publicly the results of those tests.

For me, speaking only personally, I will e-smoke only what I create at home (tastes better, anyhow) and Ruyan offerings, which are tested. I really look forward to the new Ruyan flavors.

Hey Leaford...great point! In fact as of last week, all of our recipes are now put through a centrifugal and vacuum filter. I really had been resistant for a long time to doing this because I felt it took away too much of the flavor. However, by changing a few things, we've been able to get the clarity and keep the flavor!
TB also brings up an extremely good point about posting lab test results. The results from our tests literally list all of the ingredients (and their percentages) on the report. We do want to mark out at least the percentages. When we do, Johnson Creek will post PDF's of the reports (granted, it might look like something out of the Watergate investigation, but it will show the salient points and the safety findings). After all, it is something we're proud of :)

OK, my take on JC versus Freesmoke.;

Freesmoke and JC are easily the two smoothest e-liquids. Neither is remotely harsh at all. By this, I'm talking about the raspy, irritating feeling, not the nicotine kick, which you can feel at the back of the throat.

Flavor wise, I don't have very sensitive taste, but a sniff test here is very revealing. It's hard to smell the flavor of e-cig.com or Janty liquid, but Freesmoke and especially JC are easy to smell. And delicious to smell, too. :D I tried Freesmoke Mint and Raspberry, and liked both. I didn't really like JC's Hickory, but loved their Cherry and Almod Coffee Cake. The Coffee Cake leaves a really nice cinimmony aftertaste. :YUM: I'd like to try their Chocolate Almond and Artic Mint, and will soon, hopefully.

In terms of vapor, Freesmoke produces less exhaled vapor than other e-liquids, while JC produces more than Janty and less than e-cig.com.

Freesmoke gave me no problems with clogging or leaking in the three weeks or so I used it. JC, though. has so far had to be cleaned out of my atomizers every couple days or so. Normally, i don't clean them regularly, or drain them out at night. Maybe that's why most people aren't having problems, they're more .... about maintenance. But with other liquids maybe every couple weeks I would have to blow out excess liquid, if that. ANd I have now tried it in brand new atomizers with the same result. Mac, I'd also like to try your new filtered juice, if you'd be so kind. Maybe that'll help.

Anyway, other than the frequent cleanings, and more limited selection of flavors (which is growing) JC is better than Freesmoke in vapor production, and is just as smooth, and is a lot cheaper.

I've been using almost nothing but JC since Mac's debut, and the few times I do use someone else's cartridges, that harshness hits my throat like a sandblaster. I really do hate smoking anything else anymore. :p

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
That's great news about you publishing your lab reports MacFan, I'm sure it will attract more customers who are looking for safety and consistency as well as the other things like value for money, taste and potency. Your product seems very popular so far and if you've sorted the alleged clogging problem then the sky's the limit as far as I can see.

Just one thing I was wondering. I like to mix my own juice and custom make flavours according to my mood. I use ready made juice or squeezed cartridges to get nicotine. I really need a source of unflavoured nicotine to add to my mix instead, is there any possibility of you bringing out an unflavoured high nic juice for home mixers such as myself?

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Request of Kate seconded! That would indeed be a good thing to see; and if that can come filtered as you say you are now doing, I will certainly prefer that to the tasteless of e-Cig that I am using now (which isn't too bad, clogging-wise; but still does have a bit of that; plus I would enjoy backing up an own member making and selling this).

dablackanarch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2008
Seattle, USA
That's great news about you publishing your lab reports MacFan, I'm sure it will attract more customers who are looking for safety and consistency as well as the other things like value for money, taste and potency. Your product seems very popular so far and if you've sorted the alleged clogging problem then the sky's the limit as far as I can see.

Just one thing I was wondering. I like to mix my own juice and custom make flavours according to my mood. I use ready made juice or squeezed cartridges to get nicotine. I really need a source of unflavoured nicotine to add to my mix instead, is there any possibility of you bringing out an unflavoured high nic juice for home mixers such as myself?

QFT! I could actually get down with some non-flavored VG 24mg Smoke Juice. Then I could add my own flavors and have a great time.:thumb:

EDIT: Make that 32mg...I love nicotine.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
QFT ... what's that? Quantum Field Theory maybe??? Joking.

Yes, 32mg would be great, we're going to be diluting it anyway if it's for home mix.

I found this post by SmokeyJoe about the ingredients in eliquid - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cal-indgredients-e-cig-nicotine-solution.html. It looks like the list ecig.com have for their liquid on their website. No other suppliers so far appear to have come clean about their ingredients. SmokeyJoe seems to be saying in this post that the ingredients listed are considered safe unless they are burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread