Hooray for Totally Wicked !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezy

Oct 5, 2008
New Hampshire USA
thanks pill :D I'll do that! By the way ... I am very impressed with the quality of information on your new labels and at the clarity of the liquid itself. Definitely a step way beyond what I have seen thus far , Menthol while not really tasting like menthol to me personally still tastes very nice and produces a good throat and lung kick. Being a newport smoker for so long that feeling of something hitting not just my throat but my lungs as well is an important one to me .

Keep up the great work pill! I will definitely order again.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I tried my Wicked coconut 36mg neat again today to see if I'd given it a fair try last time. It had me buzzing within a half hour, I had to keep putting it down and having breaks. I guess that this is good for anyone who doesn't vape constantly and wants maximum effect in minimum time.

The taste was better than I remember, it smells of coconut and has some mild coconut flavour. There is definite harshness, plenty of throat hit.

Arkenor

Oct 20, 2008
www.arksark.org
I saw a story on the BBC a couple of weeks ago that mentioned these e-cigarette things, and they mentioned Pillboxes site.

Having wanted to give up the fags for a long time, but lacking the willpower, I headed straight over and bought the black mini with the blue LED. It's been a bit of a learning curve, and getting a decent drag is not always easy, but I've not felt the need for a real ... since I got it

The only liquid I've tried so far are the ones from the Electronic Cigarette Company. I ordered some medium strength tobacco, and the high strength menthol (as that was the only strength available in the flavour). As luck would have it, instead of that one, I was sent the Totally Wicked Menthol instead (It doesn't mention being menthol on the bottle, but it tastes mentholy to me). Somehow I'd totally missed the Totally Wicked section on the site, unless it materialised after I placed my order.

Anyhows, they're certainly jolly nice to smoke, though I've not got experience with other liquids to compare them with.

I do notice that the Wicked stuff has a much larger range of ingredients than the other liquids, or perhaps it is simply being more honest. The lab report is on the website. Not allowed to post a link, apparently.

I notice one of the ingredients is a suspected carcinogen, 3,4-Dihydro
Coumarin. Given that the reason most people try e-smoking is to get away from the whole cancer thing, that strikes me as an odd thing to be putting in the liquid. I would be interested, seeing as Pillbox posts here, as to why all these extra chemicals are in there. Are all these various e-liquids, from all the sellers, made in China? If so, given recent history thats a bit worrying.

That concern aside, it is a very nice smoke, and I'm extremely glad to have found my way to the world of electronic cigerettes.

Denni

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2008
UK
denni-schnapp.livejournal.com
The only liquid I've tried so far are the ones from the Electronic Cigarette Company. I ordered some medium strength tobacco, and the high strength menthol (as that was the only strength available in the flavour). As luck would have it, instead of that one, I was sent the Totally Wicked Menthol instead (It doesn't mention being menthol on the bottle, but it tastes mentholy to me). Somehow I'd totally missed the Totally Wicked section on the site, unless it materialised after I placed my order.

Anyhows, they're certainly jolly nice to smoke, though I've not got experience with other liquids to compare them with.

I do notice that the Wicked stuff has a much larger range of ingredients than the other liquids, or perhaps it is simply being more honest. The lab report is on the website. Not allowed to post a link, apparently.

I notice one of the ingredients is a suspected carcinogen, 3,4-Dihydro
Coumarin. Given that the reason most people try e-smoking is to get away from the whole cancer thing, that strikes me as an odd thing to be putting in the liquid. I would be interested, seeing as Pillbox posts here, as to why all these extra chemicals are in there. Are all these various e-liquids, from all the sellers, made in China? If so, given recent history thats a bit worrying.

That concern aside, it is a very nice smoke, and I'm extremely glad to have found my way to the world of electronic cigerettes.

Welcome to the forum!

The Totally Wicked site is new and may have come online just after you ordered. I think Jason was going to replace all his juice with TW.

You'll be able to post links (and start new threads outside the New Members' Forum) after 15 posts ;)

Jason is the only supplier I know of so far who is lab-testing his juice. As to the list of ingredients for juice made in China, yes he is being more honest!

Coumarin is a flavouring ingredient often added to tobacco (and some artificial vanilla extracts). I'm sure that some of these ingredients could be omitted/substituted. It's an on-going R&D process.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your e-cig :)

erbal

Oct 15, 2008
Eeek .. and I just bought a bottle of TW vanilla last night ... sigh .. hey ho, its better to only have one carcinogen in there instead of thousands I suppose.

I have to say I fell off the wagon (so to speak) yesterday in my increasing frustration at not getting enough kick out of the pre-made carts, I'm hoping the TW fluid will fix that for me .. I just wish that they would make some sampler packs with 3ml or so of each flavour.

I should mention that my lungs are now giving me gyp for falling off the wagon .. I'd forgotten that I felt worse than this most mornings.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
lol Thanks Ja, I just found the original post of the report from you HERE

It was just the small quote of it you posted stated it contained a suspected carcinogen and nothing else, got me all panicky and got me reaching for my mini ( how ironic ).

But even with that listed ingredient, the report states totally wicked is safer than a real cig.

I still find it pretty cool how you can still come on these forum and anwer so many questions rapidly..even on your new website live day....kudos to ya.

Apostle i am happy with the latest report...

At present i am looking into the Dihydro Cumarin...Its not a carcinogen, but as a lot of things are it is suspected..The methanol, was disturbing and it has gone..The report was fed back to china, they were asked/told sort it or i buy nomore.

They did and they were i genuinely believe disturbed by it..It was in the menthol flavouring, the only flavouring they bought out of house, the mint now is sorted.

I am totally satisfied my wicked fluids are as clean if not cleaner than any others.
quotes regarding Cumarin from THIS THREAD

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
I searched and read thousands of posts - but can't find an answer to a really dumb question.

Is "cherry" or "coconut" flavor just that? Plain fruit flavor + nic?

Or are the flavors tobacco flavored as well? I mean if I ordered some cherry
juice would it come as "cherry-tobacco" ?
Or do I need to order some plain tobacco flavor as well, and mix it 50/50?

(trying to invent some E-Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish, LOL )

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
I searched and read thousands of posts - but can't find an answer to a really dumb question.

have you tasted tobacco flavour eliquid rjg?if you have,youll know it doesnt really taste like tobacco at all...

the fruit flavours are usually quite subtle variations...just a base like the normal tobacco,with a slight hint of fruit flavour aftertaste or smell...usually quite weak...nothing thats gonna have a really fruity punch to it...its not like sucking a jolly rancher-although if you want a fruity flavour you could have a hard candy whilst vaping i suppose...

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Thanks for that reply Mr D, that exactly answered my question :)

No, I've never tasted E-anything yet, just my genuine tobacco pipe, and cigs.

I have two of the DX Vegas'ish cigars on the way to start out with, but I'm looking for something to fill them again that tastes nice, once the 3 carts they come with are empty. A cherry tobacco is my first pick :)

If I like them, I'm kinda leaning towards getting a couple Blings as well :)

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com

I like to mix, I also prefer Strong flavors.....Janty, Kick, Steve, Wicked, are my fav's. Wicked is most expensive, due to ordering from europe, and payin in pounds.

notsmellyanymore

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
Yorkshire UK
Well .. I now dont care if the vanilla has coumarin in it or not!

My bottles of TW just arrived, so I washed out some old carts and loaded one up with TW vanilla ... it's delicious, but not only that I've just had my first ever nicotine rush off an e-cigarette :D

Way to go TW ... now then, which flavour to buy next?

I don't know why, but the TW Vanilla gives me a sharp headache & a pain in the side. Very strange.
TW Coffee, TW State Express are fine, as are the other makes & flavours - and I use the Coffee the most.

Anyone else had this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread