EM co op Mod Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all this thread is more of an update than anything.

1st off this co op is FULL. I have a head count of

1 derek88
2 darkwitless
3 loxmythe
4 The Big Chief
5 RU42
6 jmaul99
7 Starchild47
8 otrpu
9 jilless
10 ladyzr
11 skydragon
12 RippleInStillWater
13 shananigens
14 lexgar
15 Maialeth
16 Dillinger
17 chuckie
18 316lvm
19 candy_93455
20 Jimho
21 Elendil
22 WIvapor
23 lexi60
24 RIMP
25 Sallana
26 The Rebel
27 Sheryl
28 Klynn
29 GLRogerss
30 mainker
31 markfm
32 PM 2006

This co op is approved, and I will include the disclaimer but at this time I am not comfortable ordering. I received some of the EM 510 LR attys since the feeler from another order. They are all over the place resistance wise. I have a pack here that ranges from 1.7 all the way to 2.6 ohms.

I have been trying my best to contact them and had been in contact with Di on things up to this point on matters such as stock, and the best way of handling that.

This could quite possibly be a bad run that is out of the system and when the new stock comes in may not even be an issue. I've had stellar results with the EM LR attys up to this point, and they have always been extremely consistent. I cannot place this order in good conscience with the last batch of attys they shipped.

If I am absolutely assured the new stock is within tolerances we will go forward with the order. If not I will not take on the responsibility of this order even though I am not responsible for manufacturing problems.

If anyone would happen to question my motives or my ability to correctly measure an atty, they are more than welcome to PM me and send me money to ship a pack to them, I would only ask that they also pay the return shipping, they are still in the boxes, wrappers, and primer.

Thank you,
boB

DISCLAIMER: CO-OPs buys are buyer beware. If a co-op goes bad, there is nothing PIF nor ECF staff can do to help you. Seizure of shipment is a possibility and will not be considered the fault of the organizer. Unfortunately you will have to chalk it up to a loss. If you feel you have been defrauded, feel free to contact PIF staff.

Jules22871
ToniAnne
UntamedRose

No it's not called off by any means. Although the responses I'm getting ATM are testing me. I've been told basically that there is a lot of "junk" coming out of the factories over there ATM. We have several options. One being we can order without 510 LR attys, but that's 1/2 the order. The other option is I can take a meter to every single atty, hope I have enough here to replace the bad ones, send you all ones I know are good, and have them take care of any issues there may be with the new batch. I was hoping they would acknowledge a problem and tell me it's been corrected. They've acknowledged a problem, that's even more concerning to me until they assure me it's been corrected.

The thread was started to let you guys know it's approved and where we're at with things. The response I'd like to get is that THEY will check all the 510 LRs prior to shipping to ensure they are good. I just don't see if 20-25% of them are bad it economically feasible for you guys to ship them back to me, and me to work it out with them, which would be the procedure we'd most likely have to follow. I'm still waiting on more emails and still hope for a solution.

Keep checking back for updates. Like I said, if I have to I will check every single one prior to shipping. The only problem with that is if more than say 10-15 of them are bad some would have to wait until I got replacements. Do I draw names out of a hat to see who that is??? =) Again, and I can't stress this enough, it may have been an isolated incident, and generally IMO the EM LRs are great, but it's not my money I'm spending here.

boB

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
I appreciate your honesty and understand the unwillingness to go forward if a possible problem exists. I have had great success with the EM LR510s as well, but if a bad batch is in the pipe then I do not want to have to deal with that either. It does happen. My council for what its worth is to wait and see what response you get from Di and proceed from there.
Thanks for the work.

Well lexgar, the info came from Di, that's what's concerning. I'm not sure that I'm even able to generalize what's been said via PM without violating the rules. But I think I can say that she is the one that verified there are problems going on in the factories. Customer service, and I can probably post that email made a comment that the inconsistencies are in my meter. Well I didn't get the meter out until I tried one and it took forever to heat up on an ego. I'm waiting to hear from David, as they suggested I email him. boB

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Thanks for the update and for watching out for us Bob!!!

For what it's worth, I don't think it's feasible for you and Missy to test each and every LR510 atty to ensure that they meet specs, nor is it your responsibility; especially after Di admitted that there is "junk" LR510 attys being produced at the moment. If that's the case, then why in the world would EM still sell them? Better yet, why are they buying them?

Not slamming Di, but I'm paying EM for a product that should work from the get go. It should be their responsibility to test each and every atty for quality before shipping. This almost sounds like that "nameless" company that sold 5 pack attys knowing that 1 or 2 attys would be DOA.

I hope Di is able to solve this satisfactorily.

Ehh, again could all be a moot point as we're waiting on new stock. I just would have liked a response that stated something to the effect that they were aware of some inconsistencies and rest assured they are resolved. Still may happen yet. And I have no problem testing each and every one. I'd much rather do that than have people receive attys that won't work for them. boB

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Ehh, again could all be a moot point as we're waiting on new stock. I just would have liked a response that stated something to the effect that they were aware of some inconsistencies and rest assured they are resolved. Still may happen yet. And I have no problem testing each and every one. I'd much rather do that than have people receive attys that won't work for them. boB

You might want to get a new meter to make sure there are no inconsistencies:laugh::laugh:

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Dude, testing each one is redonkulous! As consumers we expect consistency in the product (thus McDonald's success, tastes the same in ME as CA) and if they're passing off crap before, how can we trust them in the future? I'm a little leery now, I must admit, but I guess when you get low prices you're playing the quality lottery sometimes. Thanks for looking out for us, boB and Missy!:)

Ripple, I've been using them for a while and generally they are money! Yeah they are cheap, but the darn things are good attys IMO. I have to almost believe the more I check that some were mislabeled. An LR that is 2.5 ohms?? Trust me guys I'm working my tail off to get this done and done right. The biggest problem is the time difference I assume. I get responses overnight and if they aren't the responses I'm looking for it's 24 hours before I hear from them again. I requested they test 5 packs for consistency. If they do that and report them all to be within the normal .2 tolerances I'm comfortable it was an isolated case. Probably won't have more info until morning. boB

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Bob, are the atty's you got from Eastmall labelled as LR-EM5? I ask because I got some supposed Eastmall's a few weeks ago that were instead labelled as LR-510. And 2 of the 4 were also ~2.5 ohms. I asked the supplier about it and they just basically told me they were genuine EM's.

Sounds like something is going on there, and that's not good.....the LR-EM5's are maybe the best LR 510 atty's out there. If they let quality control slip that would be bad news.

WIvapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Wisconsin
The last EM co-op I was in I ordered two 5-packs of the LR's. Only one was 2.5. To me, for three bucks each, I'm willing to take the chance. Now if they came DOA, that would be different. I certainly wouldn't expect you to check each atty either. I hope that you go through with the co-op. JMO. I really want to try the LR306.

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
IMHO boB, if this co-op sees anywhere near the amount of attys as the last co-op I ran, it would take you a week to test them all, and you shouldn't have to in the first place. David really good about getting problems taken care of, even tho sometimes he needs a nudge to speed it up a bit LOL ;)

Even tho it just sounds like a problem of mislabeled attys, if it were me, I'd hold off a bit and let QC suss this problem out. Just my .02 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread