em-riva weird dead batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The strangest thing is happening to my em riva batteries!!

If the battery is not connected to anything (no metal contact) and I press down on the button - it appears to work normally.

As soon as I connect an atty or the charger - it starts blinking, like it's dead!

If I try to charge it - it blinks and then the charger stays green - no red light!

After 'charging' for the required period, connect it back to the atty and it blinks (and does not work). But again, if I remove it and press down on the button - it appears to work fine?

Please help! This happened to one of my batteries yesterday. So I pulled out my new spare and conditioned it - charged for 8 hours and was vaping for 10 mins and the same thing started happening to the new battery!:ohmy:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi Di!

I contacted customer support and I must say, the customer service has been superb!
Hopefully this will all be resolved soon :)

Yes, it appears there has been a small problem with the batteries, -- a few are duds,

Please do not worry

we will resolve all issues with replacement.

please contact Customer Service

and Accept our sincerest appologies ------

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I just had 3 of the same in Riva 901 Batts, Everyone must remember when manufacturers makes a run of batteries no matter how good they are there will be some duds. The great thing about this is we have the best supplier who with there new CS system in place will resolve this issue for us and make sure we are taken care of and :thumbs: in the end. Thanks Eastmall

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Hi Di, I've had great luck ordering from EM, and great customer service when I needed it. Only real problem I've had so far is I had an 510 RIVa atty died within first hour, actually first 5 minutes I used it. EM replaced it, no problem. I'm getting ready to order more RIVa batts. Does EM have any greater mAh battery for RIVa than the 750 mAh? I'm looking for 900 mAh, or even greater.

Thanks,
otrpu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I had the same problem with one of my batteries,turned out I had flooded the atty and there was juice down on the battery contacts,I blew it out and it ran fine after that.

Yes, this is a problem that must be checked carefully when we find a problem with our batteries,

thanks for this reminder ----

I have also done this, and puffed - and got - panic - nothing --

but after a quick button press a coupe of times to burn off a bit of excess juice,

wow - here we go -

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I just had 3 of the same in Riva 901 Batts, Everyone must remember when manufacturers makes a run of batteries no matter how good they are there will be some duds. The great thing about this is we have the best supplier who with there new CS system in place will resolve this issue for us and make sure we are taken care of and :thumbs: in the end. Thanks Eastmall

The problem is -- huge demand --

the battery factory becomes over loaded and quality slips a little

there has been till now -

only one factory making all internals for the RiVa style ecigs-- panic -- over-load --

we have just finalized and contracted other arrangements,

we hope this will solve the problem for us,

our new RiVa batteries will be made for us ----Under contract ----- @ 750mah.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi Di, I've had great luck ordering from EM, and great customer service when I needed it. Only real problem I've had so far is I had an 510 RIVa atty died within first hour, actually first 5 minutes I used it. EM replaced it, no problem. I'm getting ready to order more RIVa batts. Does EM have any greater mAh battery for RIVa than the 750 mAh? I'm looking for 900 mAh, or even greater.

Thanks,
otrpu

no, the new RiVa Batteries will be @ 750mah.

this gives us an all day vape and we like this,

we do not at this time want to go to a larger battery-

as the size of RiVa is part of it's beauty of design.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced what I am experiencing..

I got 2 titanium riva kits, 1 black riva kit and 1 spare black batttery.
3 of my titanium batteries died on first use! And then I switched to the black kit and the black cone does not screw all the way into the battery (too tight)? And 2 of my LR attys also died on first use :(

Contacted customer service and I need to make a new order in order to get replacements - which is quite pricey if you live in SA!

Crystallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2010
Illinois
I bought a kit, and a spare. All 3 of them get extremely hot when trying to charge, and the lights blink on them like crazy.

Just a heads up, the last one I left on the charger for no more than 1 hour, and the smell of burning acid was so overwhelming. I'm really scared about trying to charge these now. I got all of these yesterday. :(

Crystallas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2010
Illinois
Crystallas, I feel your pain!!!! Did you contact EM? What was the outcome?

Just sent the email. Now it's a waiting game.

I'm kind of paranoid now. I have bought 50 batteries prior to these over the last year for 510/Egos knockoffs, genuine alike, and up until now, I never felt any safety concerns. I buy them, test them, and set my family members up with the best of what I find. This Riva kit was going to be for my mom. So if you can imagine, my eyes are peeled wide open in some form of panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread