Status
Not open for further replies.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Hi Di, I have three (3) identical batts, all were given initial charge as specified by information provided on EM website. Only one (1) of the three (3) batts is doing this, the blinking. I'm talking about the batts just sitting on a table next to me. Batt not connected to either the USB or the 110v chargers. Any idea why one batt would be different?

Cheers,
otrpu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi Di, I have three (3) identical batts, all were given initial charge as specified by information provided on EM website. Only one (1) of the three (3) batts is doing this, the blinking. I'm talking about the batts just sitting on a table next to me. Batt not connected to either the USB or the 110v chargers. Any idea why one batt would be different?

Cheers,
otrpu

well, I suggest using it as it sposed to be used,

if it works well -- all ok.

if it does not perform well,
I would guess it is a faulty one --

so contact Customer Service --

eastmallcs@gmail.com

your order number in the subject line

your real name and your forum name

and a simple and brief explanation of your issue.

and I am sure he will try to help you

he is a nice guy, -- ask nice -- :)

very impressed with the battery life, haven't had to charge it yet!! and i got the em-lr5 atty's RiVa kills the 510 batts by a long shot, and the EM-LR5 atty's vape so good i get my smoker friends to cough!! have to say i love the EM RiVa. i do have a youtube, just never thought about making reviews... looks like everyone is really doing it. let me know if you need more reviews from people.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
very impressed with the battery life, haven't had to charge it yet!! and i got the em-lr5 atty's RiVa kills the 510 batts by a long shot, and the EM-LR5 atty's vape so good i get my smoker friends to cough!! have to say i love the EM RiVa. i do have a youtube, just never thought about making reviews... looks like everyone is really doing it. let me know if you need more reviews from people.

Yes, please make me a video review of your RiVa

show me the device,

show me the smoke

yes, please I want it here
:)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
there it is, and i'm glad i got it!! finaly had to throw it on the charger!

YouTube - EM RiVa review 4 days in

Very nice,

hahahahha, I gather from this that you like it - :laugh::laugh:

nice review, thankyou.

(PS - I hope you read the manual, and did your conditioning charging before you got started -)

we are getting 10 - 12 hours continual vaping with RiVa after conditioning the batteries before you start using it.:)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
when you do the conditioning of the batteries do you do that after the factory charge is finished?

You should do the conditioning of the batteries as soon as you unpack them, before the first use ------

before you use them----

however, I think it is ok to try a bit ---- on the factory charge --
but I am not sure about this--

I know only that the conditioning should be the first charge that the batteries receive.

i did not charge the batteries straight out of the box, but the first charge they recieved was the conditioning, when i get a battery next time, ill charge it straight out of the package, thank you! i appreciate it. it doesn't say anything on the manual that you should charge it straight out of the box. wish it did, i wouldn't have hit it on the factory charge.

You should do the conditioning of the batteries as soon as you unpack them, before the first use ------

before you use them----

however, I think it is ok to try a bit ---- on the factory charge --
but I am not sure about this--

I know only that the conditioning should be the first charge that the batteries receive.

usualy when i purchase any vaping battery, i run it down to nothing straight out of the box, then do the conditioning, i do not charge them before conditioning though. it is pretty confusing when you think about it, i wish it said anywhere... "condition batteries before using the battery at all." instead of... "the first charge the battery receives is the conditioning." i figured run the battery to nothing. then do the conditioning.. meaning that the first charge that my batteries received was in fact the conditioning? i did it right???

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
i did not charge the batteries straight out of the box, but the first charge they recieved was the conditioning, when i get a battery next time, ill charge it straight out of the package, thank you! i appreciate it. it doesn't say anything on the manual that you should charge it straight out of the box. wish it did, i wouldn't have hit it on the factory charge.

Ok, you missed it --

here it is -- from the manual --

Conditioning The Power Supply-----

Normal Charger --
Screw the Dedicated power supply into the charger.
Connect the charger to the power outlet.
1. The first charge should be kept for 8 hours,
even if the LED light turns green.
2. Use for 20 minutes.
3. Charge the power supply for another 1 hour.
Your power supply is now ready for normal use.

Normal charging time shluld be kept for 3 hours (even if the LED light turns green ).

there it is.

:) :vapor: :vapor:

Ok, you missed it --

here it is -- from the manual --

Conditioning The Power Supply-----

Normal Charger --
Screw the Dedicated power supply into the charger.
Connect the charger to the power outlet.
1. The first charge should be kept for 8 hours,
even if the LED light turns green.
2. Use for 20 minutes.
3. Charge the power supply for another 1 hour.
Your power supply is now ready for normal use.

Normal charging time shluld be kept for 3 hours (even if the LED light turns green ).

there it is.

:) :vapor: :vapor:

i'm not arguing with you, all it says is, now it's ready for normal use, it doesn't say anywhere on there that you should charge the battery before running the factory charge down. all it says is normal use, meaning charging it without having to worry about the conditioning. right? i dunno like i said it's braud and definately misleading, it should say "charge batteries before using AT ALL (DO NOT ACTIVATE THE BATTERY UNLESS YOU HAVE FIRST CONDITIONED THE BATTERIES!!!) like i said, just wish it was more descriptive to the specific situations and directions to conditioning these batteries.. i've never had trouble charging batteries in my life. these are the only ones that have a somewhat complicated process to conditioning them. the batteries still last 3-4 days so i dont know. probably around 10-12 hours constant use. so i couldn't tell you if i did it correctly or not.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Yes, I agree we are not going to argue about this,
some people read the manuals, some do not --
this applys to everything you buy ------

the first words -----
and the first and second paragraph of the manual says --

Please read the Instruction manual carefully before starting.

-- Please read the Instruction manual carefully and follow the instructions strictly ---------------Before using the RiVa,

so -- anyway, ---

you are getting 10 hours on your battery usage,
so you must have done something right - hahahahaha --

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Mine still last 10-12hrs same as day one and its been over a month now (no conditioning the batteries).

I am not saying not to do it (condition the batteries) just that my Riva has been kicking ... since day one and I did not do it!!

Yes, that's fine,

all we are saying is it is recommended to follow the manufactureres instructions,

it is of course absolutely, --

your own choice.:)

Mine still last 10-12hrs same as day one and its been over a month now (no conditioning the batteries).

I am not saying not to do it (condition the batteries) just that my Riva has been kicking ... since day one and I did not do it!!

thanks alot CRK i thought i messed it up. maybe the riva batteries are just that good, that it doesn't matter that much, glad someone else did the same thing. i did condition them, but it was after i depleted the factory charge. thanks again CRK! and Di for your quick response.

Yes, I agree we are not going to argue about this,
some people read the manuals, some do not --
this applys to everything you buy ------

the first words -----
and the first and second paragraph of the manual says --

Please read the Instruction manual carefully before starting.

-- Please read the Instruction manual carefully and follow the instructions strictly ---------------Before using the RiVa,

so -- anyway, ---

you are getting 10 hours on your battery usage,
so you must have done something right - hahahahaha --

i was worried at first that i might have messed something up, but since you put it that way, yeah i must have done something right, oh well, next time i'll try conditioning the batteries straight out of the box with no using it. thanks alot for the info though, means alot, glad that eastmall has a good rep. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread