Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Snails is an established thread with members already regularly there and posting.
Starting another PVT thread would mean that someone would have to step up and "be in charge" of the thread because its purpose would be pre vet celebrations and if a pre vet stopped by and no one stepped up to take care of them, not much would get/be accomplished.
With offering prevet celebrations in Snails, if a prevet stopped by, excellent, if not no biggie; that thread would continue on as it has.

just my :2c:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
If it's a workload problem, change the rules/method and stay with PVT.

If you bail, you bail. If you stay, you stay.
You can change the game plan to anything you want for next year.

The question is who stays?

The "Response on threads" thread is not associated with Pre-vets and would just add to confusion for people trying to figure it out. I'm sorry CESsy...I'm not trying to poo poo ideas and I like your creativity. :) Have to look at all factors though so it's just my: :2c:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Snails is an established thread with members already regularly there and posting.
Starting another PVT thread would mean that someone would have to step up and "be in charge" of the thread because its purpose would be pre vet celebrations and if a pre vet stopped by and no one stepped up to take care of them, not much would get/be accomplished.
With offering prevet celebrations in Snails, if a prevet stopped by, excellent, if not no biggie; that thread would continue on as it has.

just my :2c:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

and what a lot of you don't realize but i'm sure classy will remember, having a celebration thread for special occasions and sporting an appropriate avatar started with the crew in snails ;) liscab, jerry and ralphie braved the forum as bettyboops in my honor, m&ms for fudgey! :D
since that was so much fun the practice was adapted for pvt with tweety being one of early, official celebrants and then came classy's turn!
but then there were no lists, obligations etc ...........

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
If it's a workload problem, change the rules/method and stay with PVT.

If you bail, you bail. If you stay, you stay.
You can change the game plan to anything you want for next year.

The question is who stays?

The "Response on threads" thread is not associated with Pre-vets and would just add to confusion for people trying to figure it out. I'm sorry CESsy...I'm not trying to poo poo ideas and I like your creativity. :) Have to look at all factors though so it's just my: :2c:

look at my explanation as to history, atty ;) that's the reason so many snails ended up in pvt!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
That's true tibby. However, I think "newbies" that don't know what "snails" is would get confused. In other words, snails people gravitate to PVT because they are a "group" that supports/likes PVT. However, a pre-vet would be confused by having to go to "Response on threads" and enter a Pre-vet thing IMO.

It's like "All humans are mammals, but all mammals are not humans." It doesn't necessarily work the other way around.

Anyway... that's my two cents. Less confusing to have a PVT thread for PVT stuff. More focused and single minded. Less confusing for someone trying to figure this stuff out.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
snip....
but then there were no lists, obligations etc ...........

Let's not mix method with location. Method is undefined. Location is the discussion (for some reason).
Lists, obligations, etc. all vary depending on "what you want it to be next year". That's not even on the table yet.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Yea...it was my turning that really got forum attention...Snails had an avatar party. It was amazing the people that joined in and changed to OZ avatars !
People I didn't even know !
Until then it had been a welcome thread in the Veteran's Forum and I thought it would be great to do the avatar parties for everyone.
It grew to overpowering that and so the Welcome Sub Forum got started for us.
lol...boy ! was that met with hesitation - and look at how it took off !

Jerry's little list exploded !

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Yea...it was my turning that really got forum attention...Snails had an avatar party. It was amazing the people that joined in and changed to OZ avatars !
People I didn't even know !
Until then it had been a welcome thread in the Veteran's Forum and I thought it would be great to do the avatar parties for everyone.
It grew to overpowering that and so the Welcome Sub Forum got started for us.
lol...boy ! was that met with hesitation - and look at how it took off !

Jerry's little list exploded !

yes, classy - it was our little group who agreed what was done for us should be done for all who were interested. and as long as the prevet participated we gave it our all! no matter if we'd ever laid eyes on the prevet before.
not hardly how you'd expect a ''clique'' to act ...........
knowing where we came from makes the continuation of pvt in its existing form pretty much impossible for me.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Well, you guys beat it up.

Classy and I agree on location, but other opinions count too. As to method...who knows. Remember that we haven't offered up the option in PVT or to ECF as a whole. We've only discussed it here so far. It may be that someone or some group (particularly someone that isn't jaded) may want to run with it.

Personally, I'd have a PVT thread but make it for posting the list and for requests. The rest would be in the welcome thread and be ready a week ahead of turning and be asynchronous so there are no time restrictions. More or less a "congrats card" in the welcome area. Themed as an option. No mass-posting of pics in the main thread. No turning time attendance needed.

We'd still need a list. Oops. I mean, THEY'D still need a list of some kind. ;) Maybe just posted in the PVT once a day. Or maybe a list in the welcome thread area that's just constantly edited and copied to the PVT.

Anyway, you guys beat it up. I'm tired of this for the morning. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread