Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Hm....

Does this scan like the C.V. of an "innocent victim of an ANTZ smear campaign" to you?

Innocent victims of smear campaigns.. hm.....
Who went against "common knowledge"... hm.....
"Common knowledge" that ensured lots of money and lots of power for a mighty ruling elite.. hm...

Now what does that remind me of?

He was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy" ...

Seems it has happened before. Like, to Galileo Galilei

I will not even mention the "common knowledge" written down in the Malleus maleficarum (The Hammer of Witches), published by Catholic inquisition authorities in 1485-86.

For most things, there is some precedent / similar case in history. History repeats itself.
If a witch looks at a child, it damages the child.
If a smoker comes in from the outside and breathes in the same room as a child, it damages the child.

hm....... :glare:

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
It's social engineering driven by a bloated public-health industry with access to billions of dollars looking for a problem to solve. Unfortunately, their best and seemingly only approved solution is to (try to) manipulate the public's behavior by banning/regulating/taxing the living snot out of whatever it is that doesn't meet with their approval. And as the saying goes, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Outstanding post.

And we didn't learn the lesson, not by statistics, nor exposure of the prime motivators; we didn't begin to heal as a society in almost virtual unanimity...until Prohibition was lifted.

It was then that we were free to acknowledge the repressed awareness of the incaculable harm that we had done to society by making criminals out of honest citizens (imposing the perception that they behave and should as such).

Good luck!

:)

“There is in all of us a strong disposition to believe that anything lawful is also legitimate. This belief is so widespread that many persons have erroneously held that things are ‘just’ because the law makes them so.” —Frédéric Bastiat, "The Law"

ArtyPa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Delaware
Interesting thread !
The world is too busy to get educated about cigs vs vaping .
Don't expect the world to smack itself in the head and say 'what the heck was I thinking, of course these people aren't smoking' .
The anti smoking movement took years to ferment and finally become a standard of behavior and conduct. It will take the same process to make vaping in public a normative behavior. The rules of social acceptance will not change just because things are 'not fair' .
Rude vaping behavior will entrench the public perception against the vaping activity.
It does no good to try to change attitudes overnight. This vaping acceptance will take years. Settle in and act responsibly, it will follow the same path as any change in social acceptance.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It does no good to try to change attitudes overnight. This vaping acceptance will take years. Settle in and act responsibly, it will follow the same path as any change in social acceptance.
It makes sense to me that attitudes would change quicker if people are actively pushing for change.
Sitting back and waiting for something to happen doesn't really make things happen.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It makes sense to me that attitudes would change quicker if people are actively pushing for change.
Sitting back and waiting for something to happen doesn't really make things happen.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
When in doubt stealth.
This past Friday went to the movies.
As I rode down the elevator going to my car I vaped and held it.
When I left the theatre I vaped and held it til I got to the car.
Inside the theatre I stealthed.
If there is no exhale there is no offense.
Sure I look to see if someone will approach, they never do.
Heck a while back I was in the Kaiser Pharmacy line.
An older gentleman I'm sure he was in his sixties at least, walked into
the pharmacy vaping. Vaping like it was going out of style, no vapor on the exhale
no offense. Heck when I smoked I would sometimes put a cig in my mouth. No offense til you
light it.......lol.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Is there any proof that not vaping is harmless?

I see this question or something similar to it posted all the time here on ECF. Someone should only need a very limited level of intelligence to understand that inhaling a vapor made with the same base as other medical inhalers with only food flavorings and pharmaceutical grade nicotine added is INFINITELY safer than inhaling tar, carbon monoxide, and several thousand other chemical including more than 50 known carcinogens. This isn't rocket science, we are vaping FOOD and MEDICAL quality materials compared to proven toxins and carcinogens. I don't even see how there can be a debate about the relative safety between the two activities.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

I practice expediting user adaptation and satisfaction. And enlisting satisfied vapers to educate others. Our community is strong. It can be made stronger.

Good luck.

:)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I wish people would stop saying this. It's NOT just water vapor. It's PG and VG and flavorings. Is there water IN it? Sure. Is that all it is? NO.

While this is true and I agree with you. PG is used in hospital air conditioners and is breathed day in and day out by the staff and has for years. It has been used in medical inhalers since the 50's. Yet when most people hear there is PG in it...they go "OMGZORS there's antifreeze in that poison cloud of death...better grab the kids, cover their faces, and run for the bomb shelter." So in an effort to prevent stampedes of moronic sheeple sometimes it is better to just say water vapor. That way they can understand that it really isn't a "poisonous cloud of death" and that you are not a member of Al Queda trying to kill them with it.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
The anti smoking movement took years to ferment and finally become a standard of behavior and conduct.

So we should do it in the same manner? The lies, scare tactics and false conclusions drawn from biased studies?

It's entirely evident by lots of replies on this forum how those lies, half truths & junk science became 'common knowledge.' There are a couple of generations that were very brainwashed and get 'offended' when you point that fact out.

Definitely an uphill battle.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Question:
So we should do it in the same manner? The lies, scare tactics and false conclusions drawn from biased studies?

Answer:
It's entirely evident by lots of replies on this forum how those lies, half truths & junk science became 'common knowledge.' There are a couple of generations that were very brainwashed and get 'offended' when you point that fact out.

It is definitely an uphill battle and if we want to win we have to start using the same caliber of weapons the enemy is. We have to fight fire with fire. You can't win a fight using sticks and stones if your enemy is using machine guns and tanks...this isn't Return of the Jedi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread