Every one seems to be complaining about the new tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Could be just growing pains of a new industry. I haven't had big problems with Protanks, other than the threaded part of the bases break easily and getting replacements is not always easy. It kind of seems like my tank cartos are getting better, but maybe the new vendor I'm using just carries better ones. :2c:

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Honestly, go back to the ego-t (Or LEO) or Xl cartos or dripping if you want hassle free vaping.

Could not agree more... I've been using the Ego-X for a long time now, with almost no hassle at all. The great advantage of the (X)change is that you can unscrew the coil base from the atomizer and deep clean/dry burn it. With the Ego-T atomizers (totally closed), I used to notice some poor performance after two weeks, and would dump it maybe after three... way cheaper than smoking, but still... now, my X-atomizers will now last for months in a row, and always taste like new, provided that you spend 5 minutes every 3 days to clean it! So, it's a better vaping experience while spending less money. For months, I only spend money on juice, and not a cent on hardware. :toast:

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
'Tis good to try out the new gizmos, toys, and delivery systems. The key, for me, is to try to do so carefully.
As equipment evolves, it's completely natural to try to improve upon what you have, even if it appears that everything is working well. (After all, those incandescent light bulbs work perfectly well, but now we have LEDs, energy efficient mini florescent bulbs, and more.)

Couple of drippers, couple of attys, some clearos, evods, tanks. The temptation is to load up on supplies. As soon as you do, or as soon as you take the plunge on that new APV or Mod, something 'new and improved' tend to come out.

I predict, with the way things are going, that several different new and improved juice delivery systems are just around the corner. Somebody is probably working on them right now.

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
I am embarrassed for you that you even know where Robertsdale is.
Lol.. out of towners don't know how cuuntry Rdale is.. i do love the antique shop and the farmer's market there..

Back on topic. . Someone asked about evod heads.. wordupecig has the 5 pack for $5.79. If you buy 3 or more packs they're 4.99/pack
EVOD Coil Unit For eGo MT BCC 1.6ml

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I am embarrassed for you that you even know where Robertsdale is.

Ha I liked it cause it was centrally located and safe. Drive a little bit you can go to the beach, or two decent size cities. Was easy to drive to Pensacola to get my marriage license to get married in the Miami area later on where I'm from. My wife loved shopping at the Foley outlets. I liked taking weekend drives to Gulf Shores. I was a manager at an office there, and my wife was my secretary it was great. I wanted to raise my son there because it was safe to me, people were so nice! I miss driving down a road and seeing a gentleman mowing his lawn and I waved and he waved back with a smile.

It was my favorite place I ever lived. I had to leave because the economy hit. Moved here to San Antonio where my wife is from. I'm definitely a fish out of water here. If any of you ever visit, you'll find me. The only guy wearing a Guy Harvey shirt and flip flops lol.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
My family has a place at Ft. Morgan. Spent the whole rainy 4th weekend down there and it was glorious. This is paradise. You're welcome back as soon as you can get here.

This thread needed hijacking and I'm perfectly fine with the fact that a couple of barners are in cahoots with this bammer in doing so.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Could not agree more... I've been using the Ego-X for a long time now, with almost no hassle at all. The great advantage of the (X)change is that you can unscrew the coil base from the atomizer and deep clean/dry burn it. With the Ego-T atomizers (totally closed), I used to notice some poor performance after two weeks, and would dump it maybe after three... way cheaper than smoking, but still... now, my X-atomizers will now last for months in a row, and always taste like new, provided that you spend 5 minutes every 3 days to clean it! So, it's a better vaping experience while spending less money. For months, I only spend money on juice, and not a cent on hardware. :toast:

WOW the ego-x looks amazing with being able to unscrew the coil base and actually directly interact with the coil. And still the 3 month warranty and 2 replacement wicks into the bargain! Janty for quality, I've always said it (I do like the Ovale franchise for the stylish finish though... essentially same product though, not clones.)

My 2nd evod now it's not leaking though - the vape is about the same but the flavor it gives is much better than any Janty carto or ego atty I've used.

Though I will always go with an Ego type attty for my PG menthol ADV as I like the smaller tanks and well they just do not leak and perform amazingly and with this juice last forever, been vaping my PG menthol on this one ego-c atty over 4 weeks now and have water cleaned only (hadn't even needed too really, just did it 'in case' have actually had zero bad hits or performance issues so far.)

But for evening at home / pub vaping I like me some tobacco juice and am finding the evods when working right way out perform the ego atty for that flavor and th wise.

It's weird, now I've cleaned out the first EVOD that leaked like hell, that one too has stopped leaking ALTOGETHER.

So I want to say this - when EVODS work - man do they work!

What's the longest use anyone has gotten out of one EVOD with daily use, ie how many refills or weeks before they've had to chuck em or rebuild / rewick them (not things I want to do.)

Cheers

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
What's the longest use anyone has gotten out of one EVOD with daily use, ie how many refills or weeks before they've had to chuck em or rebuild / rewick them (not things I want to do.)

Can't speak to the evod yet. only into my 2nd week.
I do have 2 Kanger T2's now 10 months old with the original wicks.

It does come down to what juice and how you take care of your gear though. I rarely use reall dark e-liquids and clean every few tank fills.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
well it goes for everything you buy. as more people get into vaping more of "problem threads" will pop up. its just simple math. More people equals more stuff produce equals odds of failure going up. china is trying keep up with demand. so qc, if any, will go down. Plus a lot of thes things are cheap copies of the real thing tht cost more but does work well.

Last edited:

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Hank-1.jpg

LOL! You always crack me up. :)

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Lol.. out of towners don't know how cuuntry Rdale is.. i do love the antique shop and the farmer's market there..

Back on topic. . Someone asked about evod heads.. wordupecig has the 5 pack for $5.79. If you buy 3 or more packs they're 4.99/pack
EVOD Coil Unit For eGo MT BCC 1.6ml

Holy crap that's cheap! We're talking FastTech prices on those! Where are they located? :blink:

hmorphone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Fort Pierce, FL, USA
The way I see it -

Do we want twice the brands, half the quality, and half the price or
half the brands, twice the quality, and twice the price ?

I'm a new vaper, and I'm using Ego-T's with XL cartos for the most part.
My first five pack of Boge cartos, I had to throw two away...

Now, Lord help me, I've got more cartos, a T2, and an iClear16 coming vapemail. I'm aware T3's, Evod's, and iClear30's may be better choices but I want to experiment and it just worked out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread