Evolv-ing Thread

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
That buddy of mine I've been working to get him into vaping and off the cigs, been putting the last supplies together for him, I did take Steamer's advice and picked up a Juul kit, also have 3 hotcig dx's with 3 spare battery packs (all new lipo's), a couple Merlins, couple mizers, wires, cotton, rayon, assorted juice, nic base, VG & PG. While looking over what I had I remembered I had two UD Zephyrus tanks and it hit me these might be perfect, he could buy coil heads, no fuse building, a step up from Juul if he decides to go that route.

So I looked up online to see if my local vape shop still had Ni coil heads, I use to buy them there and I found they did --> Youde UD Zephyrus Ni200 Coils (4 pack) So I dropped in today and they told me it was old stock, they would check and see what they had left. I figured I buy one pack of 4, if my buddy liked them he could go back and buy more. A few min later the fellow comes out with a box, 48 packs of 4 coils per pack, normally they sold for $15.80, he said I'll let you have all of them for $1 a pack! And he had one NOS Zephyrus tank left, asked if I'd be interested in that too, we made a deal, $1 a pack and they threw in the tank. $758 worth of coil heads plus a free tank for $51 w/tax. :thumbs:

If my buddy doesn't want to use them I will!! I loved those Zephyrus tanks and those Ni coil heads, only stopped using them because I was sick of spending coin on heads but for .25 cents a head and not having to build, yeah I'd go back to them in a heartbeat! Those tanks have a nice MTL airflow and those coil heads gave great flavor.

My buddy will be down in the next couple days to pick this package up and so I can show him how to build coils, if he really wants to go that route. My goal is to give him options, from a Juul, tank with coil heads and tanks he can build on, let him try stuff and see what works for him. Main thing is, get rid of those damn cigs!!!

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Morning Coffee 364.jpg

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
heck of a guy! donated a vat of his juice to rescue a co-op that went bad only to have j0ker abscond with part of the donations.

Huh, I was just thinking about that co-op a few days ago.

We must be having a mind meld tibs (that's scary as hell, right? :lol:).

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Huh, I was just thinking about that co-op a few days ago.

We must be having a mind meld tibs (that's scary as hell, right? :lol:).
it pops into my head way too often and will always the event where ecf lost all credibility, imo :(

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Ety's are awesome, it's just that deep ear penetration that I can't do. Don't need my ears to feel like they've been to prison. ;)
I just went with cans myself for some strange reason. I just noticed I have a huge collection of MEE.
  • MEE Atlas (wired only)
  • MEE AF80 Rumble (wired or BT)
  • MEE AF52 Venture (wired or BT)
  • MEE AF68 Matrix3 (wired or BT w/multipoint)
I probably should have gone with Sennheiser cans. But whatever I get next; I prefer wired, but I also like the ability to switch to BT too.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I just went with cans myself for some strange reason. I just noticed I have a huge collection of MEE.
  • MEE Atlas (wired only)
  • MEE AF80 Rumble (wired or BT)
  • MEE AF52 Venture (wired or BT)
  • MEE AF68 Matrix3 (wired or BT w/multipoint)
I probably should have gone with Sennheiser cans. But whatever I get next; I prefer wired, but I also like the ability to switch to BT too.
Nice, I'm not familiar with that brand though.

In the FaceBook group I moderate (The Headphone Experience) the chosen wireless are the Sony WH-1000XM3s and they are the top of the heap. You will only get so much out of a Bluetooth headphone and wired is always the way to go for the best sound quality.

If you are ever curious about a headphone then RTINGS has legit reviews, considering how subjective the audio industry is.
Headphones Reviews: Best of 2019

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Nice, I'm not familiar with that brand though.
MEE audio | About

They are based in California and it seems like everyone who works there are audio enthusiasts.
In the FaceBook group I moderate (The Headphone Experience) the chosen wireless are the Sony WH-1000XM3s and they are the top of the heap.
Yes I know about the Sony WH-1000XM3s. It's a lot of money for just 40mm drivers. Sadly in my younger days, I probably would have a greater appreciation for them. But the last time I checked, I can't hear above 11k anymore.
You will only get so much out of a Bluetooth headphone and wired is always the way to go for the best sound quality.
That is what they say and probably why better headphones gives you either option. But that seems to be changing. The technology is so good nowadays, I don't think most could hear the difference anymore.
If you are ever curious about a headphone then RTINGS has legit reviews, considering how subjective the audio industry is.
Headphones Reviews: Best of 2019
Yes and there are a few good Youtube reviewers too. The problem with commercial reviewers is they are money driven. And the ones who buys lots of ad space often gets the most favorable reviews. :(

Users who are viewing this thread