Newport News, Virginia, United States
blog4.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
It looks like it's time for me to start streaming my television programs again. My 2 year promotion has ended and the price is going from $184 to $318, this includes internet. My wife is the only one who watches TV and she watches pretty much two Filipino channels.
I'll be calling them in the morning to do something.

Internet alone would be $119 for 300 down.

For that kind of money I want them to watch TV for me. And I thought I had it bad at $150/mo, but that's with TV, internet at a gig and phone if I want to use their phone. Who's you're provider? I want to buy some of their stock!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
For that kind of money I want them to watch TV for me. And I thought I had it bad at $150/mo, but that's with TV, internet at a gig and phone if I want to use their phone. Who's you're provider? I want to buy some of their stock!
Yes I think I'm being slick, here's why. From my home IP address Cox won't show me the specials that they offer so I use my connection at work and put in the address for the apartment above mine (she doesn't have COX). Now I also need the two Filipino channel and insurance on the wiring so add additional $32 to this ad. Hey the regular price of it is fine with me.
Cox.JPG

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I have nothing really special about my TV service other than the two Filipino channels and they are like $21 for the pair. No HBO or similar.
Only the TV prices are different, the internet and home automation prices are the same. Home automation is basically free, it's $20 and I get $20 off for bundle price.
These two pics are what they are showing me on my home computer, they are starting to remind me of AT+T
It says I have some premium channels but I think not, I think they want me to have them with the new deal.
my new price.JPG

Really.JPG

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I have nothing really special about my TV service other than the two Filipino channels and they are like $21 for the pair. No HBO or similar.
Only the TV prices are different, the internet and home automation prices are the same. Home automation is basically free, it's $20 and I get $20 off for bundle price.
These two pics are what they are showing me on my home computer, they are starting to remind me of AT+T
It says I have some premium channels but I think not, I think they want me to have them with the new deal.
View attachment 870171
View attachment 870173
I can help you with the home automation piece of that......... A hell of LOT cheaper.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I can help you with the home automation piece of that......... A hell of LOT cheaper.
Thanks but I don't even use any of it.
Well I'm staying with cable, $178 per month now with premium channels removed.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Thanks but I don't even use any of it.
Well I'm staying with cable, $178 per month now with premium channels removed.
Cut the cord, get internet only and subscribe to the streaming services you actually want, or run Kodi.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Cut the cord, get internet only and subscribe to the streaming services you actually want, or run Kodi.
I have one of my Apple TV's jailbroken with Kodi installed but those two Filipino channels aren't the same as live TV. (her thing, as usual I pay the price)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Usually every thing is cheeper for Americans then we pay up here!
But as far as internet & TV we are doing pretty good :) My internet is only $107 per month, tax in & I only pay $50 for TV, so considering the exchange rate, I'm not paying any more than Us's down there :)
I'm still a fan of the old fashion Satellite TV, I love my DVR! I can scan thru the guide & record all I want to watch & watch it when ever I get a round to it, with out having to watch all the adds :) I just haven't got in to Streaming :(

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
We stream from Amazon Prime, the free stuff. A few of their series aren't bad at all and it comes in handy when there's nothing on regular, commercial TV. How many times can you watch "John Wick" in the same day?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012

Users who are viewing this thread