Feb 23, 2010
tumblr_or87xi5P4M1u89dnlo1_1280.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Amazon stepped up to the plate to try and make things right, I got ready to print the return shipping labels for the two wrong DVR's they sent and I found they are for UPS and I have to drop them off at a UPS depot, the guy told me FedEx would come and pick them up. I sent them a message about it, not very convenient for me to pay for gas and drive to the closest depot that is only open two hours on weekdays late in the afternoon for their two screw ups. They replied and said to compensate me I can keep one of the wrong DVR's and do with it what I wish, hey I'm happy with that, these come with a 1TB hard drive!

I've always had good experiences dealing with Amazon. Recently my daughter got me a pair of really nice wireless headphones for my birthday. UPS claimed they delivered it. Except it wasn't delivered to me. They made it right with free overnight shipping to make up for the loss while they dealt with UPS (or just wrote it off as a loss and not even waste time dealing with the carrier).

MadOzodi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
StL, MO

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
Filipino BBQ?

Just watched alien: Covenant...disappointed with direction of story. :glare:
WoW! I just watched that too and feel the same. I mean it was okay but just not where I would of like to see it go....& I miss
Sigourney
alien.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Sigourney made those movies, well, plus the great effects and the way Ridley Scott always built the suspense and anticipation.

After though on that photo...wonder if that's PG or VG they used for the drool?

Mike, don't feel too bad. While Lowes has some nice tools, they just don't have the stuff I really like and I suspect the same is true for you. That champagne taste on a ripple budget again. at least for me.

I finally got all the trenching dug for the security cameras but it's filled up already, with leaves. Before I put in the conduit I'll have to use the blower to clear the leaves. I'm going to Lowes tomorrow to pick up the conduit and fittings needed. I also need to pick up a 1-1/4", foot long, masonry bit. The foundation here is poured concrete. I do have a nice roto hammer to take some of the work out of it. I measured, very carefully, on the outside using a nearby hose bib for a reference, then drilled a 1/2" pilot hole this afternoon. Came out dead center in the trench at exactly the height I wanted. Drilling that big, 1-1/4", starting smaller and working up helps. I already have them up to 1", but need the 1-1/4" to handle 3/4" PVC conduit and I need two 1-1/4" holes and one 1" hole. Photos once the conduit is in place, hopefully by Friday. Not as artistic a job as Mike's sidewalk though.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Removed the DNA75 board from the VT75 to install it into a 3d printed squonk case. Well didn't I snap the ribbon off of the screen while unsoldering the HCigar button board. :facepalm:

Now to order a replacement screen and more waiting... :(

The waiting! The Christmas rush is all ready on :( I have packages in Customs in Montreal & Richmond for all most a week now, with no sign of movement :(
The "Ebay Guy" with the Hana stuff has spare screens, one for $5.95 or 3 for $12.95, best deal I'v seen!
The picture shows the green tab, way better than the red tab IMO
Shipping is lots, but If you contact him, he mite do better :)

I would look for a screen from a Canadian supplier, or wait till who knows when? maybe after the holidays :(

I'v purchased from this guy before :) He's in Quebec, nice guy & shipping to you will be cheep & fast! :)
DIY Box Mod Parts - DNA 75/200/250 Screen - Canada

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Got some new Drip Tips for my BB's :) Ohmanstuff :)
Titanium Threaded, with nice acrylic accent :)

hP7lgYj.jpg

Also Upgraded my "Gdeal Squonkers" To DNA60's :)
There just wasn't enough room for the permanent mounting of a USB :(
I how ever did connect to E-Scribe before installation & set them up how I like them.
Also loaded many presets for easy operation with out E-Scribe connectivity :)

FInPMDn.jpg

TMCiLLg.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
My battery is shorting #076's 510 wire, but I'm much too lazy to fix the actual problem. So I just stuck some foam inside the enclosure to keep the battery off it. Darn my shotty (or is it shorty?) soldering job!
Hot melt glue might work in a pinch, it will stay put anyway.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The waiting! The Christmas rush is all ready on :( I have packages in Customs in Montreal & Richmond for all most a week now, with no sign of movement :(
The "Ebay Guy" with the Hana stuff has spare screens, one for $5.95 or 3 for $12.95, best deal I'v seen!
The picture shows the green tab, way better than the red tab IMO
Shipping is lots, but If you contact him, he mite do better :)

I would look for a screen from a Canadian supplier, or wait till who knows when? maybe after the holidays :(

I'v purchased from this guy before :) He's in Quebec, nice guy & shipping to you will be cheep & fast! :)
DIY Box Mod Parts - DNA 75/200/250 Screen - Canada
Thanks Steamer!
That's where the 3D squonk box is coming from and it should be here tomorrow. Dan charges $17 for shipping, so I'm looking at $34CAD for one screen. The FleaBay guy wants $25USD to ship and that is default international small box rate they all seem to use. It could also be sent for $9.99 USD with tracking through small package rate but they like to use those red and white premade USPS boxes... :glare:

I can get 2 screens from Evolv for $35CAD shipped which is a better deal but I have no idea how they ship? Has anyone bought directly from Evolv before?

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hey Willie, how many cameras do you have on that NVR? I keep seeing an ad on an IP camera board I watch for a Dahua, 4 channel, NVR for $89. If it'll work for you, next time I see it I'll send you the link or you can go to "ipcamtalk.com" and wait for it to pop up, banner ad at the top of the page kind of like Broke Dick.

Users who are viewing this thread