Evolv-ing Thread

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I know nothing about planes but I know something cool and very unusual when I see it! Check this thing out! Here's a few video's, I'll start them at the very cool points, watch how short the take off and landings of this million dollar custom bush plane is.
Yes those things are really cool. Planes with really short takeoffs and landings are known as STOL. Here is a Super Club only needing 20 feet for takeoff and landing.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Those dang bush pilots are such showoffs!
EIQLJ7Z.gif

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The 10 foot landing and take-off had a good(!) headwind working for him though.

The F22 is just raw power at its finest. I'd bring a garbage bag, not a box of barf bags, if I could get a ride like that on one of those!

I saw a demonstration of the C130 at McGuire AFB, years ago. 1/4 mile landing, full weight, 1/4 mile take--off, full weight. For take-off they kept the brakes locked until everything was at full throttle and RPM, the whole plane was visibly trembling, then as soon as they released the brakes they fired JATOs on each side. Can't remember if it was three or four on each side. Totally amazing that anything that big and heavy can get off the ground in that small of a space.

They followed that up with an A-10 Wart Hog doing a lot of low level stuff that I wouldn't think about doing even at altitude. Another amazing piece of engineering, and raw nerve.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The F22 is just raw power at its finest.
Yeah, yeah, "In thrust we trust!" But what happens when there's no thrust? Here's an F16 doing a dead-stick landing:

Good job!

Of course, every pilot has practiced dead-stick landings. But how many can say they've done a dead-stick take-off?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I don't think I'd need a barf bag for a dead stick in an F-16. Maybe Depends would be a good idea though.
Did you notice his breathing on short final?

I wonder if he didn't have second thoughts, like, "Why, oh why didn't I just point this thing toward the water and punch out?"

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I had another sleepless night, no sleep at all. It will catch up to me before the day ends, nap then early to bed tonight, hopefully. Got to pick up a script of a steroid medipack today, hoping that will get the spine back to "normal for me", been giving me fits the last week and hasn't corrected itself on it's own, these roid's usually do the trick.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Is it normal for the DNA75C to forget the time and date while swapping batteries while the DNA250C will remember?
No C's here but I think if your fast enough it works, or too slow and both forget.

Users who are viewing this thread