May 28, 2012
KC MO

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
Yeah retool that bad boy for the DNA75 I would grab 1 if not 2!

Something in that general style is at the top of my list when I get my hands on some DNA75 boards. Good things to come in the hopefully not too distant future!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Something in that general style is at the top of my list when I get my hands on some DNA75 boards. Good things to come in the hopefully not too distant future!
Good to know some more 3D printed options will be available for the new DNA75 :)
The new 75 Watt chip shares the same foot print as the DNA200, it fits right in the ERM :)
So theoretically a new design could be made off the 200 :)

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
Good to know some more 3D printed options will be available for the new DNA75 :)
The new 75 Watt chip shares the same foot print as the DNA200, it fits right in the ERM :)

Very true! I should be able to come up with something pretty quickly once I finish up my current DNA200 project.

My goal, even after getting the CNC machine, was to make all of the designs machinable as well as 3D printable. I've been through 4 design iterations learning the mill and general machining and that plan kind of got lost along the way. Finally feel like I've got a good handle on things with the M4 so we'll get back to the original plan real soon.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Perfect fit in the ERM and ERM+, no modification needed at all.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I'm looking for something more compact for a walking around mod.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
You, or whomever, will have to get creative to fit it into anything much smaller than the ERM. There isnt much space left in it, but it does use a battery cradle that could be omitted to reclaim some space.

Icemanxxxv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
KC MO
You, or whomever, will have to get creative to fit it into anything much smaller than the ERM. There isnt much space left in it, but it does use a battery cradle that could be omitted to reclaim some space.
May I should build my 40ss I have been procrastinating?[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

I like the direction Tpat591 is going in :) The smaller the better :)
I originally planned on an ERM, But ordered a lipo for it & will use my last 200 in there :)
So I'm on the prowl for a nice small 3D printed or other wise enclosure for my 75 watt mod :)
From the sound of things we have like a month before the new chip will be in hand?
I'm sure we will see lots of choices for 75 watt enclosures by then :)

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
I originally planned on an ERM, But ordered a lipo for it & will use my last 200 in there :)
So I'm on the prowl for a nice small 3D printed or other wise enclosure for my 75 watt mod :)
From the sound of things we have like a month before the new chip will be in hand?
Canadian shipping! Make that 2 months....

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Canadian shipping! Make that 2 months....
Don't get me started on Canada Post :-x:mad::-x:mad: When I ordered my Supremes I wasn't expecting them to be a Fathers Day Present :-x:mad::-x:mad:
BTW I got a new young Hot mail lady now, So if I try to tip her I mite get arrested for being a Pervert!

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
upload_2016-4-22_20-29-47.png

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Don't get me started on Canada Post :-x:mad::-x:mad: When I ordered my Supremes I wasn't expecting them to be a Fathers Day Present :-x:mad::-x:mad:
BTW I got a new young Hot mail lady now, So if I try to tip her I mite get arrested for being a Pervert!
Here they call it "Solicitation"!

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
This is Great stuff Tpat591 :) I do like 3D printed mods :) I find there very light to carry, & fun to build :) I find them very durable, after all it's a mod not a hammer :) One thing here with this design, Since it isn't metal a ground for the 510 will be required, is there enough room for a ground ring & nut under the 510? It's all most imposable to solider a ground wire to SS :(
Steamer that is still a work in progress and entire mod probably has to be at least 5mm taller to actually work with a grounding washer inside.

No room at all inside as it stands right now. Back of 510 is currently not on top of mod but on top of sled, Literally had to thread the 510 into the back of the battery sled & The negative battery terminal in the sled is damn near touching the 510. I'm trying to source a 3d file for a spring/button battery sled & contacts like they use in Joyetech mods as it is so tight I don't even think I can fit the Keystone battery tabs in there and get the back cover on.

I was thinking about trying to find a 1/2-20 brass Tee nut threaded insert or providing a hex well so a 1/2-20 jam nut that can be soldered to & used inside as the ground & 510 threading.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Steamer that is still a work in progress and entire mod probably has to be at least 5mm taller to actually work with a grounding washer inside.

No room at all inside as it stands right now. Back of 510 is currently not on top of mod but on top of sled, Literally had to thread the 510 into the back of the battery sled & The negative battery terminal in the sled is damn near touching the 510. I'm trying to source a 3d file for a spring/button battery sled & contacts like they use in Joyetech mods as it is so tight I don't even think I can fit the Keystone battery tabs in there and get the back cover on.

I was thinking about trying to find a 1/2-20 brass Tee nut threaded insert or providing a hex well so a 1/2-20 jam nut that can be soldered to & used inside as the ground & 510 threading.

We ran into this some time ago with the early 200 builds, one of the things I suggested is putting a thin brass or copper washer under the 510 before you screw it on the mod. With a hole drilled down through the mod beside the threaded 510 hole you could solder a wire to the underside of the washer then feed the wire down through the hole.

Another idea someone else came up with and used was to put a screw through one of the four holes in the Evolv 510 and run that down through to the inside of the mod and ground to that.

While the Evolv 510 is the best designed 510 I've used, the flat wire wave spring being key, I've also been using the Varitube (version 1) 510's on most of my mods for almost a year and none of them have given my any issues, rock solid ohm's readings on all of them. VT 510-V1 Connector - Self-adjusting Center Pin

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

I'm happy to see you are trying to make it as small as posable :)
Even if it has to be a bit taller, it's no problem.
I know nothing about designing:( All I can do is state the obvious.
A few suggestions The top part that holds the 510 maybe can be thinned out?
To have the 510 come all the way thru enough to put a nut on the bottom of the 510.
Also maybe eliminate a separate sled, and go with a one piece chip separator battery sled with an insert system, were we could just insert a contact.
Kind of like this.

Users who are viewing this thread