Exhaling in an employees face at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
We are trying very hard to distinguish ourselves from smokers so that we might not have to deal with that discrimination. We need to take every opportunity to educate people that we hate smoking as much as they do.

Whoah, there, back the bus up a few feet, eh?? Do we? Are we? Include me out of that little tirade, please.

"We" will never win any battle by taking on the very people that "we" once were. Smokers, to pinch an Americanism, are simply vapers that have not yet converted.

I'm happy to distinguish an e-cig (yes, it's not a PV or, worse yet, an "E-NI") from a traditional cigarette, but, even though I use only e-cigs to get my nicotine, I do not consider myself to be a non-smoker. Consider that position, eh?

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
Whoah, there, back the bus up a few feet, eh?? Do we? Are we? Include me out of that little tirade, please.

"We" will never win any battle by taking on the very people that "we" once were. Smokers, to pinch an Americanism, are simply vapers that have not yet converted.

I'm happy to distinguish an e-cig (yes, it's not a PV or, worse yet, an "E-NI") from a traditional cigarette, but, even though I use only e-cigs to get my nicotine, I do not consider myself to be a non-smoker. Consider that position, eh?

I totally agree. The very last thing I want to do is jump on the self-righteous ex-smoker bandwagon that some of my family has been riding and I have been known to ride once as well. vaping to me is more of a "what now? All of your excuses for trying to force me to quit by making laws that cause smoking to be inconvenient have been eliminated." kind of thing.

Silence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
I love smoking... I hate cigarettes. I think this is a distinction that HAS to be made. I cannot stand the way analogs smell/taste. I cant stand the fact that it would eventually kill me. All I have ever wanted was a safe cigarette. I have NO problem with smoking in and of itself. It's what is going into my body that I can't stand. These are the very reasons why an E-Cig/PV (i also refuse the E-NI term) was so appealing to me.

nealglover

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
UK - York
Some harsh responses, but I agree with the sentiment.

One thing is, presuming that you imagined there to be someone watching the feed from the camera, why would you blow "smoke" towards it, unless you were trying to cause some kind of problem as they would think you smoking ?

The only place I vape, that I wouldn't Smoke, is in my own Home. Anywhere else I just go outside, it's just so much easier. I have respect for myself and would rather people not think I was smoking and being a xxxx by being so open about it.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston

I didn't say or even imply that we hated smokers, but I do think that many of us hate smoking-not the act, but the effects it has had on our lives.
Perhaps you should read my "tirade" (and the part that you quoted) with a bit more care before reinterpreting my sentiments.

I am not anti-smoking or anti-smoker. I'm not taking on smokers in the slightest.
I do want people who would seek to stop us from vaping to understand that the reason most of us are doing so is because we don't want to smoke anymore and to consider the distinction.

...even though I use only e-cigs to get my nicotine, I do not consider myself to be a non-smoker. Consider that position, eh?

If you would prefer to be considered a smoker and be lumped in with them legally, and you'd like to have any laws that apply to the usage of cigarettes apply to vaping as well... then I think your position is in the minority here.

Last edited:

MightoftheWest

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
A place the FDA cant find
I shall be perfectly clear so that there shall be no room for misinterpretation, I said I was in mid exhale and the man came from around a corner quite abruptly making it unavoidable to stifle the plume. Secondly the camera I blew smoke at was 20 feet away and I was siting on a bench. I did not go directly near the camera and blow smoke at it.

The OP said mid exhale implying if not implicitly showing that it was unavoidable what do you all expect that I suck all of the vapor out of the air when the man was on the move.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I'll agree that some of the replies to the original post are a bit over the top.

Having said that though and not trying to be a complete ..... here as I really don't care about the whole thing either way.

The fact that you don't distinguish between the two acts when saying how righteous you felt in the original post and then saying later you were sorry he walked into it and saying you stopped at a camera to blow at it and then later saying you were sitting on a bench just make no sense.

Basically, reading your original post and then reading your responses, it comes across as you decided you were going to make this post and you wrote it the way you did thinking that people would think you were cool and cheer you on but once you realized you weren't going to get the expected reaction you decided to start back peddling.

As I said I'm not trying to be a ..... and really don't care about it in general so I'm not going to get into some argument about it. Just stating the way it comes across when reading the thread ;)

I think it best to spread the word about the benefits of vaping over smoking, but if its a non-smoking environment you should consider it also a non-vaping environment to avoid irritating people and giving vaping a bad reputation.

I take this same stance too. I rarely vape in a non-smoking area. Its not cuz I don't want to vape to cause trouble, its just cuz I'm use to smoking outside. Believe me, there are plenty of people outside that see me vaping and want to know what it is I have, then I can educate them on e-cigs. Vaping with an e-cig that has a blue, green, or purple light raises eyebrows.:cool:

But if it gets to the point where I need to vape inside I will do it. Like on them really COLD, HOT, RAINY, OR WINDY DAYS!! lol There's only so much extreme weather I can take. Even at that if I do vape inside I go to the public bathroom or somewhere with few to no people and take a few drags. Vaping on the bus...oooh such a guilty pleasure.:thumbs:

tdwave

ECF Veteran
We chose to use this product to stop smoking cigs. I use them like cigs. I follow the same laws as cigs. Do that and follow the laws. Non smokers do not care what we are using. I for one cannot understand anyone vaping where you know you couldn't smoke. You are only doing this because you are a frustrated smoker (like me) and think in some small way you are getting over on the system.. Sooner or later smoking/vaping/breathing fire will be banned from most public places. But let me take it a step further, I am allowed to vape in work because I asked and they see that I don't need smoke breaks, so I guess they feel I am more productive. To me that is cool if it is cleared.

BigBaddBossyDogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
I shall be perfectly clear so that there shall be no room for misinterpretation, I said I was in mid exhale and the man came from around a corner quite abruptly making it unavoidable to stifle the plume. Secondly the camera I blew smoke at was 20 feet away and I was siting on a bench. I did not go directly near the camera and blow smoke at it.

The OP said mid exhale implying if not implicitly showing that it was unavoidable what do you all expect that I suck all of the vapor out of the air when the man was on the move.
Oh, come on. You proudly told everyone you were trouncing through Wal-Mart vaping up a storm and blew vape at the camera.

You wanted kudos. You got bashed. You got exactly what you deserved.

Next time you flaunt your little self through Wal-Mart, don't go out of your way to attract attention. That's all you were doing...being the big bad attention seeker. Next time, show some class. Even if it is Wal-Mart!

jedrojam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Central USA
There are many worse vapor clouds to unexpectedly walk through. I wholeheartedly believe that these signs should be on all store entry doors....

no-farting.jpg

evil1rox

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
We chose to use this product to stop smoking cigs. I use them like cigs. I follow the same laws as cigs. Do that and follow the laws. Non smokers do not care what we are using. I for one cannot understand anyone vaping where you know you couldn't smoke. You are only doing this because you are a frustrated smoker (like me) and think in some small way you are getting over on the system.. Sooner or later smoking/vaping/breathing fire will be banned from most public places. But let me take it a step further, I am allowed to vape in work because I asked and they see that I don't need smoke breaks, so I guess they feel I am more productive. To me that is cool if it is cleared.

I see your point but don't totally agree. I vape where ever I want to until told otherwise. I figure if they don't know any better, I am NOT going to divulge the info. I'm very happy to comply with whatever they want me to do...but what "they" don't know won't hurt them in this case.

I do make sure to do sneaky exhales and cover the led on my 510 though.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread