exhaustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
DINK and friends, I'm heading out to the doctor tomorrow, well today at its already 3:38 am Another sleepless night. I hope I have them all..Blood tests for Vit D, B-12 or as many of the B's they can test for, Iron, Thyroid, the Lyme disease blot test NOT ELSA.. I'll have to check the thread again..

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, I sent an E-mail to them two days ago. My other battery is going, I only have 1 regular atomizer left, I honestly think, it must be the way I was taught to bypass the cut off, by taking my finger off the button, before it cuts off, then pressing it again, my battery and atomizer get so hot, if you touch them, it burns..But, I met someone, who told me to go to a thread, called emergency needs. But, after I was verbally attacked, called names, and accused of fishing for stuff, when I was just talking about my e-cig issues, in the chat room, one guy even called me the "c" word. I don't think, I would EVER ASK FOR HELP AGAIN. It reminded me, why I stay so far away from people. I'd rather smoke, than be subjected to that again!!!

If you can think of any test I forgot, post them for me, or PM them, as I'm not going to post anymore, I don't need to go through that. You open up, and share so other know they are not alone, or the only ones dealing with stuff in their lives, only to be judged and abused...Fine I'll go back to before. My therapist is gonna get an earful, maybe now, she will leave me to my solitude. ~Rant~LOL

Last edited:

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
Dark Angel, the problem with your batteries may be with the LR Atty you are using. These can and will kill your batteries esp on the ego. They shouldn't have died that quickly but they wont last as long with a reg Atty.

As for emergency needs, I am sorry for your experience. Though I wonder what chat room you are talking about, because I know none of the people in the PIF (pay it forward) chat room would ever speak to you like that. Emergency needs is a sub forum of PIF and you need to contact a mod to post a need there. I have notified a mod about this issue and he has assured me it will be looked into.

Come to the PIF chat room sometime and you will see, its in the stickies of the PIF forum.
Bob

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
well im checking in with all of u. still full blown exhaustion. quitters flu continues. good news is it seems like the quit zits are finally starting to heal. need some relief though. this exhaustion is affecting everything i do. i could sleep all day and it wouldnt be enough. ive never been this bad. cant think and cant function. i give.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just checking in myself. Meems I did speck to my Doctor about Vitamin D deficiency, I was told that it is a epidemic in the United States and that most people suffer from it BUT, it would NOT come on suddenly like this granted it can be a factor yet it is very very unlikely it is the cause. I was told to take 1000 UI daily. Now here is something that might help a bit with the vitamin B's, there is a prescription product made for diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy its called Metanx, it is absorbed differently that oral Vitamin B, its already I believe metabolized so it acts more like the injected type. I have also started on other vitamins and I feel a wee bit better but not a huge difference either. I have added soybean miso with some tofu at night because, I too am desperately trying to feel better and at least function at a minimum level. I will be adding some other homeopathic things as soon as I can afford it a morning and nightly detox tea is my next addition and i'm sure something else, I will keep you informed, Dink please PM me so I don't lose you. My doctors have informed me that due to the lack of information and testing its difficult to really know if it is a combination of things, one being the simple fact that its caused the Fibromyalgia to go back into attack mode. Were just stuck being pioneers in this area. I send an e-mail to the radio talk show that featured the guys who pretty much started ECF, it spoke about the withdrawal symptoms, he reminded me that we really don't know about all the properties in the tobacco leaf some are MAOI inhibitors and other too. All we have done is replaced one factor the nicotine!! he mentioned a product called Swedish snuff, using this might give the body what its missing and possibly help with the exhaustion. I'm including a link, of course you would have to slowly get off of this but, if it stops the exhaustion or at least brings it to a functioning level its far better than just giving up and returning to analogs. Snus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm not sure if I'm going to stick it out of give this a try. Will talk with you soon. Your not alone Dink Oh, and I'm female LOL

Last edited:

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dinky I see you are from Pittsburgh, there are some industries that thrive more in Pittsburgh than other places. Do you happen to work with materials like graphite, copper, tungsten, cobalt or carbide? I have had exhaustion issues while working with those particular materials.

CBB I'm not exposed to any of these and live in Joshua Tree, California and suffer the same as Dink, what we do both have in common is Fibromyalgia, yet this is unlike any attack either of us have ever suffered :) thank you so much for caring and keep on suggesting fellow vaping pioneers

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
I hope you both find the cause of your exhaustion and are able to alleviate it I had problems for years. I would sleep all night then get up and start moving and be ready for bed again in an hour or so, and sleep for hours again it was miserable. I finally was able to beat it by watching my blood pressure, oxygen level and watching my sugar intake as well as keeping metals out of my lungs.

meems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2010
Ohio
Your Dr is not informed..my pain fatigue came on suddenly..

1,000 IUs a day is not even what you use a day! If you are low it will not get you up much less sustain you! I was put on 50,000 IUs a week for 6 weeks, I had to do 3 rounds before my numbers were up, I stayed on 5,000 IUs a day afterwards to maintain.

Just checking in myself. Meems I did speck to my Doctor about Vitamin D deficiency, I was told that it is a epidemic in the United States and that most people suffer from it BUT, it would NOT come on suddenly like this granted it can be a factor yet it is very very unlikely it is the cause. I was told to take 1000 UI daily. Now here is something that might help a bit with the vitamin B's, there is a prescription product made for diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy its called Metanx, it is absorbed differently that oral Vitamin B, its already I believe metabolized so it acts more like the injected type. I have also started on other vitamins and I feel a wee bit better but not a huge difference either. I have added soybean miso with some tofu at night because, I too am desperately trying to feel better and at least function at a minimum level. I will be adding some other homeopathic things as soon as I can afford it a morning and nightly detox tea is my next addition and i'm sure something else, I will keep you informed, Dink please PM me so I don't lose you. My doctors have informed me that due to the lack of information and testing its difficult to really know if it is a combination of things, one being the simple fact that its caused the Fibromyalgia to go back into attack mode. Were just stuck being pioneers in this area. I send an e-mail to the radio talk show that featured the guys who pretty much started ECF, it spoke about the withdrawal symptoms, he reminded me that we really don't know about all the properties in the tobacco leaf some are MAOI inhibitors and other too. All we have done is replaced one factor the nicotine!! he mentioned a product called Swedish snuff, using this might give the body what its missing and possibly help with the exhaustion. I'm including a link, of course you would have to slowly get off of this but, if it stops the exhaustion or at least brings it to a functioning level its far better than just giving up and returning to analogs. Snus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm not sure if I'm going to stick it out of give this a try. Will talk with you soon. Your not alone Dink Oh, and I'm female LOL

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
I agree wholeheartedly with the respondents above. I would say up your nicotine level. If you look up Nicotine on Wilkipedia It states;
Nicotine's mood-altering effects are different by report: in particular it is both a stimulant and a relaxant.[31] First causing a release of glucose from the liver and epinephrine (adrenaline) from the adrenal medulla, it causes stimulation. Users report feelings of relaxation, sharpness, calmness, and alertness.[32] Like any stimulant, it may very rarely cause the often catastrophically uncomfortable neuropsychiatric effect of akathisia. By reducing the appetite and raising the metabolism, some smokers may lose weight as a consequence.[33][34]

When a cigarette is smoked, nicotine-rich blood passes from the lungs to the brain within seven seconds and immediately stimulates the release of many chemical messengers including acetylcholine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, vasopressin, arginine, dopamine, autocrine agents, and beta-endorphin.[35] This release of neurotransmitters and hormones is responsible for most of nicotine's effects. Nicotine appears to enhance concentration[36] and memory due to the increase of acetylcholine. It also appears to enhance alertness due to the increases of acetylcholine and norepinephrine. Arousal is increased by the increase of norepinephrine. Pain is reduced by the increases of acetylcholine and beta-endorphin. Anxiety is reduced by the increase of beta-endorphin. Nicotine also extends the duration of positive effects of dopamine[37] and increases sensitivity in brain reward systems.[38] Most cigarettes (in the smoke inhaled) contain 1 to 3 milligrams of nicotine.[39]

Research suggests that, when smokers wish to achieve a stimulating effect, they take short quick puffs, which produce a low level of blood nicotine.[40] This stimulates nerve transmission. When they wish to relax, they take deep puffs, which produce a high level of blood nicotine, which depresses the passage of nerve impulses, producing a mild sedative effect. At low doses, nicotine potently enhances the actions of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain, causing a drug effect typical of those of psychostimulants. At higher doses, nicotine enhances the effect of serotonin and opiate activity, producing a calming, pain-killing effect. Nicotine is unique in comparison to most drugs, as its profile changes from stimulant to sedative/pain killer in increasing dosages and use.
It's no wonder that with your type of work you don't feel like you are as alert as you did with the amount of analogs you smoked. Analogs make you alert, and according to Wilkipedia, can also help you slow down, to sleep. :)
Don't give up, try different things. The best thing about e-cigs is there are so many different things you can try, all under your control. Unlike analogs.

This is very interesting. There is so much I didn't know. Thanks for posting this.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I woke this morning exhausted and did a search and came across this thread. In between classes I've managed to read the whole thread and think I've figured out how to attack my problem. I'll be drinking much more water, putting the pv down a few hours before bedtime, and hopefully I can get more than 3-4 hours of sleep at night. Thank you for the help even if I found this thread a little late.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
nope i dont work with any of those materials. but thanks for the thoughts here. i have a combo problem. i have cfids, am still recovering from a fungus pneumonia and work long hours. that unto itself creates tiredness. how ever the whole business go much worse after i started to vape. just looking for answers. want to vape. dont want to smoke but i cant live in a stooper either.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
dark angel. wow ur dr really seems to get it. thats wonderful. i have been thinking the same thing. even though vaping is better for us it may have created a real shock to our systems which in turn triggered a bit of a fibro attack. we both know fibro doesnt like any stressors be it good or bad ones. all of it effects things. so yeah we are pioneers in many ways. were dealing with fibro and now we are vaping. glad u came back dark angel.

Dark.Angel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dink I'm i the process of trying to get as much info as possible about the tobacco leaf itself and the chemical components. I might just do a bit of experimentation, Rolly mentioned something I might just try. I first need to get some tobacco leaves, then pick up a small crock pot at a thrift store....It's my hopes to create a concentrated tobacco leaf VG substance to be added to juice. I will of course send you some It in NO WAY will harm us as it has been used before. I will of course use quite careful calculations. Maybe replacing the missing link! I will send you a detailed report and will also be sending some to a friend in lab. I must know what exactly it is, so as to possibly help others. If anyone reading this can help with organic tobacco leaves or lab work please join in, if we must be pioneer then lets do this right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread