Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstanton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
IL
Hello everyone,

I've been loving e-cigs for about 3 months now and that whole time I have been tobacco free. I'm loving what they have been able to do for me and look forward to learning more and keeping my run going. I have been reading this forum for a while now and have learned quite a lot. I'd like to thank you all in advance for that and for what I will further learn. Please allow me to explain my situation, in hopes other in similar ones could kindly assist.

I started my vaping journey when my wife and I welcomed out first child into the world about 4 months ago. I bought a blu disposable and loved it. I did a little research and decided that buying a blu starter kit might be in my best interest.

So, I came home with my kit, vaped my 5 cartos and loved what I bought. Now, I am sure many readers are thinking "what?! blu is terrible." I 100% can understand this argument. But, I am not a heavy vaper MOST of the time.

My vaping "schedule" consists of driving to work (20 mins), lunch breaks (30 mins) driving home (20 mins) and... here is the kicker... when relaxing at home on the couch watching TV. This is when I really vape the most. My blu has been fine when on the go, in limited use, but when I'm on the couch at night, all I want to do is vape.

Blu's battery is terrible, just terrible (for this situation). Not to mention that I have had so many cartos just totally die randomly during these time and that has added up financially (diapers, formula and mortgage come first :p). It seems I go through just about 10 blu cartos in a week, but this also includes 2-3 cartos that are either dead after one battery life or two.

After reading these great forums, I decided it might be worth it's cost to buy a Joye 510 kit to use exclusively when at home relaxing. This is where I hope some fellow light vapers could help out and hopefully from some who have actually used a blu.

1. How would you compare the blu battery life to the Joye 510?
2. How time consuming/frustrating is it to refill carts compared to cartos? (side note, I would have no problem refilling my blu cartos... if they didn't burn out the inner filler "pipe" and become ruined)
3. What amounts of liquid would you recommend? How long would said bottle last?
4. How much do you find yourself filling your carts and how long do your fills tend to last before needing a refill?
5. How often do you go through atomizers?
6. How would you compare Joye 510 carts vs. cartos?
7. What downsides have you found in the Joye 510?
8. I am leaning towards a manual battery, any comments?

Please remember that my Joye 510 would be my at home PV and my blu will remain my on-the-go PV.

Thanks again in advance, I look forward to becoming a member of this great community. :vapor:

cavibird2005

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
St Cloud, MN
I don't recommend a pen style ecig.

With what you'll pay for a pen style you could get a ego or a Kgo (My soon to be upgrade)
KGO 1100 mAh 2 battery kit

Filling cartos is easy using the condom method, takes about 15sec

I buy 50ml bottles (I know what flavors I like though)
A bottle typically lasts me 2 weeks.

Manual battery is the way to go!

WELCOME to ECF

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
As someone who actually uses Joye 510 as well as a stronger slim model KR808D-1 (Vapor4Life manuals and one Volt manual)

1. How would you compare the Blu battery life to the Joye 510?

Blu 90mah
Joye 510 180mah (and I recommend manual and Joye brand)
Joye 510 mega xl 280mah (and about 128mm long and I recommend manual Joye)
Ego or for more heat Riva 510 from Liberty-Flights.com (because their kits are 3.7v) 650mah+

Manual is harder to kill or damage with juice leaks (pretty much impossible for manual Joye 510's - there are fully sealed on the threaded end)

2. How time consuming/frustrating is it to refill carts compared to cartos? (side note, I would have no problem refilling my blu cartos... if they didn't burn out the inner filler "pipe" and become ruined)

Almost nobody uses atomizer + cartridge. You can use your Blu cartos on all of the above but NOT the Blu charger and NEVER charge Blu on a 510 charger (Bu is reverse electrical polarity). Most use Boge cartos on 510-threaded devices. SLim 510 can use the 3 ohm ones. And you can use other cartos 2.5-3 ohms

Nobody can tell you but you. I recommend at least 30ml to start and for cartomizers I recommend 80PG/20VG. Then vape from a 5ml bottle and see how much it goes down each days and you can tell how many ml of juice you use per day.

4. How much do you find yourself filling your carts and how long do your fills tend to last before needing a refill?

I do not use carts. I use cartomizers (aka cartos) or I drip on the atomizer of a fully sealed manual w/ drip tip

I hardly use atomizers. At home I occasionally drip on an atomizer to test new juices, vape a couple of juices I rarely vape, vape a couple that are thicker than I will put in cartos. I only use PG w/ 10-20% VG in slim ecig cartos (which are standard resistance cartos, about 2.5-3ohms). I can get 7 days use out of some cartos and 10+ days out of a Boge using thin clear juices. I avoid all juices that drop flavoring sediment in the carto stuffing (clogs up cartos, gunks up carto and atomizer coils) and these are typically dark or cloudy juices.

I USE cartos on Joye 510 (Boge 3 ohm - not the 2 ohm, only the 450mah+ batteries can use the hotter LR stuff)

Short battery life on normal 510, decent life of the mega xl, not as much voltage as I like (I prefer 3.7v devices)

ONLY manual - I only use manuals, most here use and recommend manuals. Manuals make it easy to get the best hit and 510 manuals are totally sealed on the threaded end and safe from the occasional leaks of refilled and self-filled cartos.

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I too agree with above. I personally recommend the eGo-T for your situation. I have recommended it to several friends who have wanted to start vaping, everyone is very happy so far. Long lasting batteries and they come in different mix and match sizes, smooth vape with massive clouds of vapor. Good flavor. VERY easy tank filling (with bottled juice)..
I have several mods and other stuff, but still love my eGo-T's (also known as Tornado-T and some other names, all depending where you shop).

LibertyValance

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Tampa, FL
All good advice. Only thing I can really add is some people really want a pen style ecig and nothing else will do. Admittedly I am a very light vaper, but my journey was from a 510 to an ego and then finally I settled on a Halo G6. The Halo is a KR808D-1 (I think) which is only slighter longer than a 510. This compromise was the sweet spot for me - battery life far in excess of a 510. They are super easy to fill as the top is designed to pop off you don't need the "condom" or any tools - just drop is some more and you are done.

The pen style for me just looks "cooler" and is more convenient.

Last edited:

zomgname

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
AR
1. How would you compare the blu battery life to the Joye 510?
I never used a Blu, used a 510 for a while last year, my mothers, that I had to recharge quiet frequently. Like, 2-3 hours, if I used it "often" which wasn't really even that often.

I don't find it frustrating per say, but they tend to leak a lot, but I used those or dripped until I got some Resurrectors from crystal clear vaping. Much better flavors off these and you can get a pack of 15 for cheap. I am not sure if they work on the small 510s? But I know standard boges do and they're also cheap. There is a mod you can do to your carts of cutting the filler in half, so it turns it into a very mini tank with just a bit of filler, and it taste much better this way IMO, holds a lot more, if you want to stick with carts.

Theres millions of flavors and so many vendors out there. I would recommend ordering lots of 3-ml sampler packs until you find one that you just love, then order those in 30ml bottles. Would not start out with 30ml because you might not like it, even if it's wildly hyped! Happened to me. Longevity depends on how much you vape. I would say 30ml is going to last me over a month, but that's with sampling other juices a lot, and not always vaping my 30ml bottle (so far I've only found 1 I wanted to order in 30ml).

I seemed to be topping off my boges a lot, but since I got my Resurrecters it's only a few drops every few hours. One flavor I'm vaping I've been randomly hitting for 3 days now and haven't topped it, still taste great.

I've had my stuff about 3 weeks now and all my atomizers still work. My mom had her kit atomizer for nearly 8 months. Some people go through them in a week. It depends on use and quality of the product you get, i think!

Cartos are much different in flavor, and hassle. For some juices I actually get better taste off of a modded cart (With the filler cut), and some are better in my cartos, I don't mind having to wipe off the drips when the carts leak but I feel that each drop I wipe off was a waste of money.. do I tend to just use the cartos now.

The battery life, and some of the newer items on the market wont work on such a small battery. If you want a longer battery life, I wouldn't get a 510, and if you do get it, I would recommend getting a few of the mega 510 batteries to back up; they are suppose to last 2x as long as the standard ones, they are longer, although I've never used them.

Good choice. :)

I would also recommend you take a look at the Riva 510. The battery last so much longer. I can get 3 days off it. I was the same way as you, wanting a pen style, but in the end I wanted battery life and more power, more, and I'm very happy with my choice. I now have a variable voltage riva ($19), a ressureccter caro and a drip tip assembled, and my PV is super long. It is almost pen style, the end is fat but the top half is as skinny as a blu, I actually quiet like it like this. Feels nice, and I like the weight. Heres a pic!
20zd9ci.jpg

If you're just going to use it at home, especially, I think you should consider a setup like this over the joye 510. It is a fine PV, but if your main gripe with the Blu is battery life, it wont be a huge improvement like a ego or riva would be.

hotsportinggoods

Mar 1, 2009
NY
I have never used Blu, but I have used a Joye 510 and quite a few others.
I would highly recommend the EGO. Even the smallest battery will last for hours.
I usually drip, but when I go on a trip or if I'm in a situation where I'm not interested in constantly dripping, I use Carto's with my EGO. They are very easy to refill-you can drip direcly in to the hole on the battery side of the Carto.
You can fill up a Carto and loaf on your couch for hours :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
All good advice. Only thing I can really add is some people really want a pen style ecig and nothing else will do. Admittedly I am a very light vaper, but my journey was from a 510 to an ego and then finally I settled on a Halo G6. The Halo is a KR808D-1 (I think) which is only slighter longer than a 510. This compromise was the sweet spot for me - battery life far in excess of a 510. They are super easy to fill as the top is designed to pop off you don't need the "condom" or any tools - just drop is some more and you are done.

For a slim style I love the G6 and still use mine. bnrk

VoodooCat

Oct 26, 2011
NYC
Mstanton,

I started out like you on Blu. Loved the look of the pack and cigs. Vaped fine for awhile then the batteries just up and died on me. That's when I started heavy research and came to this website. Though I was looking for a pen style e-cig I wanted something that:
A. Saved me money in the long run as far as cartos vs. analogs
B. Had decent battery life
C. Enjoy taste and feel of vape

It all led me down to getting:
SLB Riva 510 Starter Kit
Riva Starter Kit | Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | E Cig Kit at LiteCigUSA
with 510 LR Cartomizers
510 BLACK BOGE LOW RESISTANCE Blank Cartomizers
Yes the Riva is bigger but has no weight to it at all. The vape is excellent and I find myself actually satisfied on less vaping time which makes my battery last that much longer.
Juice I use is from Johnson Creek and refilling is a breeze.
It made my switch from BLU so easy that I wished I would've started out on my Riva first.

But whichever way you go, just know the decision to vape was the best thing you ever did.

Good luck!

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011

Are the halo g6 batts sealed? If i recall right, the kr808d batts were sealed on manual and not sealed on auto.

I'm looking for a pen style batt set-up for a female friend. She's seen my provari and that just isn't going to work for her. She wants something that imitates, as closely as possible, a cigarette.

When I used one of these kr808d batts over a year ago, i really like the manual over the auto batts, but I believe halo's selling the 2nd generation batts (whatever that means--please fill me in if you can).

I've also looked at the V4L King Diamond xl batts, and people seem to like the auto batts on this very much.

I'm just so far behind on the entry level ecigs as I haven't looked into them for over a year. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers,

Illiteratti

Oct 28, 2011
Colorado
I started with a eGo tank, and quickly gave up the tank after following some advise to try cartomizers. that changed everything. once I learned how to fill them (thanks again to a lot of great advise from the members of this forum), I was vaping all day on a standard 650 mAh battery, and I picked up tome 1000 mAh (maybe 900 mAh) batteries and was good for almost two days. on a whim, and because I was enamored by the thing, I picked up a Silver Bullet. now that I have been steadily vaping for three days, and working on my fourth day as we speak on a single battery charge. I'm keeping the eGo as my on the go e cig, and the SB as the one I keep at home while watching tv and that sort of stuff.

If you're really liking vaping, maybe you may want a battery mod for at home. I'm sure that there are ones made to accommodate the atomizers you are currently using and you'd be able to experiment with tanks, carts, direct dripping, and all the wonderful things you can learn from others on this site.

As far as juices go, I think tastes are subjective, and maybe the best way to go is the sampler packs most juice sites offer. That way you don't have to do what I did and order a 25.00 30mL bottle of some of the most God-forsaken e juice I tasted, and now I'm left with 29mL of liquid shame.

Good Luck!

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
I have a Joye 510 that I use once in a while, and I have an eGo passthru for my main vape. I use Smoktech dual coil cartos with both, and just top them off a couple of times a day. The eGo passthru is really nice because I can vape while it's plugged in to USB, or unplug and vape watching TV or go anywhere. I sit at my Comp all day, so it's great for all day long, if I step out I can take it, or just grab my 510. I don't vape heavy enough to run either one down all the way, so couldn't really tell you the battery life of either one. Just what I prefer, and everyone has their own way of vaping. So whatever works best for you to stay off analogs is a great setup, IMO.

Balth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread