• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fall Mi Meet October 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2010
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Oh, good luck zomzom with the job! I know how it is. I went on a few interviews and I haven't done that in over 25 years. It was difficult for me. I always seemed to know someone for a job, plus I've done the same thing for about 10 years. (It sucks being a rookie... again, lol.)

Well Oct 2nd doesn't look good for me. I may be actually working. That will be very nice. I missed the last one because I was flat broke. So, if I'm still on this job that will end like Oct 5th, I will be tied up with that. If I only get a few days work out of it I will still be broke. LOL, catch 22 sorta'.

Hey did anyone ever post pictures from last time?

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I do appreciate your good sense of humor Mist!:) I am wondering if I should send out a bulk PM to all the members of the Mi group to inform them about the meet? Still waiting to hear back from Jay at GLV(I may just call him),he must be busy making GLV-2's! Can't remember if Cozz had replied yet? I took the liberty of posting the meet link at 3 other vaping forums as well. Should be alot of vapor floating around at the WLI!

:)Wiz!

zomzom

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Oh, good luck zomzom with the job! I know how it is. I went on a few interviews and I haven't done that in over 25 years. It was difficult for me. I always seemed to know someone for a job, plus I've done the same thing for about 10 years. (It sucks being a rookie... again, lol.)

Well Oct 2nd doesn't look good for me. I may be actually working. That will be very nice. I missed the last one because I was flat broke. So, if I'm still on this job that will end like Oct 5th, I will be tied up with that. If I only get a few days work out of it I will still be broke. LOL, catch 22 sorta'.

Hey did anyone ever post pictures from last time?

Thanks Kookie :) I hate having to go to interviews but it hasta be done eh?:unsure:

Hope all goes well with your job although it's a shame that you might not get to the meet. I know what you mean about the being broke thing ... in one hand just to for it to be handed over to someone else :(

Kookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2010
Thanks Kookie :) I hate having to go to interviews but it hasta be done eh?:unsure:

Hope all goes well with your job although it's a shame that you might not get to the meet. I know what you mean about the being broke thing ... in one hand just to for it to be handed over to someone else :(

Ah yeah, your from MI, you said eh. LOL. Yes the joblessness sux. I thought it would be cool at first. I could catch up on projects, but failed to realize the lack of monies coming in would prevent this because I burned through my savings so fast. Also, when you owe people money, its hard to justify going out and having fun.

mistinthewoods said:
Yeah Kookie, you didn't see this thread? http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...31-2010-a.html
Apparently I'm the guy who looks like Richard Dreyfuss?

LOL, yeah I agree with the Wiz, you do look like Mr. Dreyfuss.

It looked like alot of fun! I would really like to support the meet and attend. I will try my best. I would like to come with some empty carts though, to maybe try some flavors. I would also like to off some of my liquids I just don't like. Maybe someone would like what I don't like. Did the last meet have a trade atmosphere at all?

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
I would like to come with some empty carts though, to maybe try some flavors. I would also like to off some of my liquids I just don't like. Maybe someone would like what I don't like. Did the last meet have a trade atmosphere at all?
I'd be in to this, as well. It looked like there wasn't much of this going on, based on the recap and pics I saw from the last one.

As an informal interest check though, I'd be more than happy to bring some stuff to trade.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2010
Kookie-what is your trade if you don't mind my askin?

Well, I might bore you with this and it is off topic here but I will answer this.

Trade? Well that's a loaded question, lol. I was good at architectural and mechanical drawing and like to program in Pascal, various basics, Forth, and Assembly way back when, but I was obsessed with it. I quit that and started out as a mechanic as a teenager because I was good at it, but I didn't like it. My biggest accomplishment has been Broadcast Engineer. I worked my way up to Chief Engineer for an AM FM in Ann Arbor. I worked up and down the dial in Detroit before that. Then deregulation happened, was not a good idea in my opinion at all. Big companies started buying up all the stations. They wanted me to write memos for stupid things that I could easily discuss with the manager in the next office. I couldn't take the idodic BS and started doing it as a contractor. Actually I was working as a contractor all along in broadcasting, IT, and telecommunications. Then my cousin started his own business as an art moving company. I said, yes I would like to travel the country. So, I became an Art Handler for the last ten years. We swung alot of freight in the beginning. It was great fun traveling everywhere. I was in NYC at least twice a month and got to know the city very well. My cousin let his company fall apart due to personal problems and held a death grip on it. I got less and less work since january and completely failed back in May. My co-driver and I wanted to continue, but with out real start up money, it was doomed. I've never fared well in a normal 9 to 5er. So, I am looking for that odd job I could live with. I could easily go work for the teamsters driving a truck, but I fear getting stuck there. This film job I'm currently working on is sure interesting enough for me and may lead somewhere. IDK. Its hard to get back into the technical field since I've been away for so long. One last thing is that I've been an artist and sculptor as well. I've apprenticed doing the Butter Cow at the MI State fair for three years and the forth year, last year, I was able to handle the whole thing myself. Now that's what I would have been doing right about now, but as you probably know they have closed the Fair this year. In another stroke of bad luck, about two years ago, in my free time, I tried to start a business in the Oil Sorbent sector. I met a brilliant man in Vermont over a lost cat. Charles Diamond. He has his own hydroelectric plant and is an inventor. He showed me an amazing product that floats on water indefinitely and absorbs oil. 20 pounds of sorbent will soak up 600 pounds of oil. A friend and I started this business with two others. My friend ended up sinking the company about 8 months before the BP and MI spill. So, yeah, trade, that was a loaded question, lol. In essence I could pretty much handle most things. (I pride myself that I'm someone you should know in an armageddon situation because I'm a good shot too, lol.) Getting a chance to prove it is difficult especially at an older age. I'm not to worried about getting a job, I'm more worried about getting the right job. It will be easy to get stuck somewhere, but this no $ gig is getting stale and may force my hand.

Boy, that was self indulgent, eh? lol.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I'd be in to this, as well. It looked like there wasn't much of this going on, based on the recap and pics I saw from the last one.

As an informal interest check though, I'd be more than happy to bring some stuff to trade.
Twinkie.....We had a PIF table with more juice on it than you could shake a stick at!! Kind of a give what you want and take what you want deal! Not sure if there will be as much this round as the leftovers went to the PIF thread!

:)Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread