If you sell E-Liquid with Paypal make sure they don't say in the Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
I'm a tad confused, both my purchases from electronic-cigz.com and Evapers have been purchased through PayPal and both have been processed successfully. :confused:

I would have thought "electronic-cigz" would have been a dead giveaway.

Have they changed their position on these products?

Check your PayPal history and I'll bet those companies use a different corporate name that's not such a dead giveaway - at least the e-cigz one likely does.

Knapweed

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Vancouver BC, Canada
My payment to Evapers was processed on Thursday, 4 February and confirmed as paid. However, it may be because we both live in Canada and the transaction does not cross the border. The same goes for electronic-cigz, which was clearly identified as such in the payment confirmation from PayPal.

I just checked and noticed they do have a new site up that doesn't have PayPal. The old site is http://www.evapers.com and the new site is http://evapers.com. I guess they are in the transition stage. I'll shoot off an email to make sure my order is safe.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Usually, "abc.com" and "www.abc.com" go to the same site, although you can set them up to go to different ones. In this case, though, they do indeed go to the same one.

Does anybody have any information on whether they still do cancel accounts on those grounds? The original posting is a few months old.

waskel

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
127.0.0.1[Oregon]
The tobacco lobby in the US still has a lot of money and power to throw around. The FDA is an agency that has been rife with corruption for many, many years. Anytime you have a regulating agency overseeing such a HUGE piece of the economy you are going to find corruption, there's just too many entities waving too much cash at too many people without integrity.

hate to point out the obvious alternative but google checkout pwns all

Warning: This (GCO) is NOT AN OPTION...
They canceled my GCO account without notice simply because I had e-liquid listed on Bonanzle with GCO as a payment option. I exchanged quite a few emails because their policy states "cigarette alternatives" are not allowed. I pointed out that they have hundreds of listings for gum, patches, etc. Were they going to cancel those accounts with no notice? Of course not. Those accounts are businesses like drugstore.com and Target. Money talks.

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Revolution Money Exchange is another possible alternative, I have not used it but know of folks who have. It has it's limitations in comparison to PP.

Paypalsucks.com may help some of you who are tied in PP knots.

I'm not tied to nor do I use either if these sites, and have yet to have any real problems with PP, but I believe in competition, Ebay/PP should not be a monopoly. Real freedom means having choices.

Betterbait

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Georgia USA
Wow,

Im glad I decided to research this before jumping in. I rely on PayPal for my Ebay listings and Because Ebay owns PayPal, I would be screwed. Ebay allows only PayPal as a form of payment, everything else is frowned upon or even banned. So, let me ask this...........

Does PayPal allow McCormick s extracts? They contain the same ingredients minus the nic. What is so illegal about glycerin and artificial flavoring? Just sounds ridiculous

Kilroy

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Well I did just move, and I have not updated my address with them as of yet. So I'm thinking a new bank account under a new address they might not notice it.

I know that the debit card number now does not work with them. As I tried to do the not sign in and pay with a card eariler today.

New bank account, new address, slight change to the way the name reads and you just might be OK. The address is one of their key identifiers. Good luck!

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I knew PayPal sucked, but I had no idea how bad they really are until I visited paypalsucks.com. The way they do business is truely facist. They don't just suck, they suck like a super massive black hole. I now seriously consider cancelling my account with them and in the least, will avoid using them as much as possible.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
I knew PayPal sucked, but I had no idea how bad they really are until I visited paypalsucks.com. The way they do business is truely facist. They don't just suck, they suck like a super massive black hole. I now seriously consider cancelling my account with them and in the least, will avoid using them as much as possible.

I canceled mine last year. It's their business, and they should be allowed to proceed however they see fit, but I will never spend a dime through them again. I honestly don't see how they stay in business with such draconian policies. I now use GPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread