The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by dannyv45, Apr 15, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Well, all NET's are coil killers. But after trying many non NET tobacco flavors, they just don't compare. Especially the flavored ones like you mention. SM doesn't have or need pecan and vanilla artificial flavorings. It's tobacco. I agree that NETs don't have the aromatic qualities of artificial tobacco juice. It kind of surprised me at first - until I tasted them. Then I realized the aroma came from other additives. If that's what you like, that's fine, but saying they're similar? Well...not really that close IMO.

If you're making recommendations you think are better, I'm all ears - give us the brands?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I gotta agree with you. I tried 5 SM concentrates and was thoroughly underwhelmed by all of them... especially for the price. They are "no-repeats" for me. And, the bottles have been moved to the PIF box. :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Well that was fun. I guess we'll see everyone again in 3 months.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Same here.

5. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Always looking for something better - what do you two prefer over SM?

• Like Like x 4
  6. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I recently discovered a manufacturer in the UK with an interesting range. Got some good NETs so I stacked up. Good value for money and shipping very affordable.
    https://bestcigliquid.co.uk/

• Like Like x 4
  7. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    That's a big selection of NET's. Which ones have you tried? I guess they ship to US?
    Hard to find NET flavorings, rather than juice. Naturally Extracted Tobacco works out to about 24x the cost of Stixx, so I'd like to find an alternate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hangsen

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Oh, okay- thanks. Thought you were talking about NET. Hangsen was my go-to, but I really prefer SM NETs most of the time over Hangsen's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    From what I understand, Hangsen derives its flavors from real tobacco (though, not true extractions).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My understanding also

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yes its a huge range. I've got almost all of them. To many to mention actually. The discription of the flavor profile is usually very much spot on. I'm impressed with them. They're very affordable and that makes it easier to work your way through the range. They sell concentrates and have a good sampling system to. I'm sure they do ship to the US. They shipped mine to NZ and the shipping rate is very affordable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Yeah, I remember reading that too, when I started. That's probably what makes them the best non-net tobacco concentrate out there, overall. It really is good, and has an authentic flavor, but kind of like listening to your phone speaker instead of a great pair of headphones, compared to NET. It's just not all there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Wow, that's a lot of flavors! What's your favorite non-cigar, non-pipe, non-sweetened, straight ahead tobacco flavor?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    WoW man there's a few I like...USA mix, Mild tobacco, Old Holborn, Burley, Drummer, Kenty, De Luxe, Drummer are all mostly straight up tobacco. My favourite if I had to choose would be Burley.
    Yeah they don't make it easy with their huge range....UH UH :facepalm:
    To make things worse...they keep adding flavours all to often. They have a very active facebook page to. Good bunch. When you send a joke in the instructions with your order, they send you some free sample with...crazy :thumbs:

• Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I am not remotely the tobacco connoisseur that some other DIYers are. But, for my budget, and personal palate; INW Am4a, and Gold Ducat top my list.

I have only experimented with 30 tab concentrates (incl. INW, HS, SC, Purilum, SM, and TFA). The 5 SM have been my only foray into NETs; and they have left me with no desire to explore further. I respect those that enjoy them. They just have not been a hit with me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Appreciate that, Fredman. I've really got plenty for now, but when I get the urge to order something, I'll have to give that Burley, USA, and their Virginia a try! Thanks for the tip.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Well, I'm no connoisseur, but like all of us, I know what I like! ;)
    Actually INW Flue is my 2nd favorite non-net tobacco, next to HS. Loved flue for quite a while. Haven't done too much of the absolutes, except for SC's. They were okay, I guess, but meant to be mixed, and I pretty much do 1 flavor juices, then maybe tank mix. And for NETs, SM is the only one I tried so far, and to me- wow, it was far different from non NET. Oh well - at least you have others you like.

• Like Like x 2
  19. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    Number one for me is some of the SC flavors from BC and other vendors. Tied for second is some of the Inawera and Hangsen flavors.

I gave up on trying to duplicate analogs very quickly after starting because without the combustion, it can't be done. What I look for is a hint of the smell of a freshly opened pack or of a pipe or cigar. I was also lucky enough to really like some of the ry4 type flavors.

Tip for resetting / developing one's palette. Get some Koolada and add a drop or two per 10 ml of unflavored. Not a bad vape in it's own right, but bland enough to make you really appreciate your more highly flavored mix. Works for me anyways. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    For me, it isn't about duplicating analog- you're right, that's impossible. But now that I started NETs, it's just hard to go back. There's just such a full, rich flavor & mouthfeel. Now non-nets seem like drinking a watery light beer instead of a full, hoppy IPA or something.

I do have a tank with flavorless in it for that reset, though. I sometimes add just a drop or two of a store bought lemon lime juice to a tank. And I occasionally hit a Juul type pod with a very nice Ice Mint flavor. It's actually the first non-tobacco flavor I actually like after a few hits. I'm waiting for some nic salts to try. The Koolada is a good idea- I may mix some with a mint, to get that same effect.

• Like Like x 4