Fda crackdown looms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riffmaster

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Or maybe this is the workings of our Big tobacco buddies..WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS...I see posts on here that has been viewed more than 22,000 times on one single thread..How many members do we actually have World-wide on this forum alone??? Surely with our outstanding numbers we can do something about this bullsh*t.
Being pollution free, harmless and odorless to others and the environment, containing only 3 main ingredients of 4,000 to a regular cigarette. We can have so many pressing arguments and key elements to stop electronic cigarettes from being illegal. WE NEED TO MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD!

Amen to that......HK has just banned it .....me and my buddies have to go underground.....to have an ecig....thats so fxxked up. I think the penalty is worst than being caught with a joint.
Lets bring some ideas to the table.....whining aint gonna help....
Eciggers Unite !:evil:

MODEL77

Dec 18, 2008
Michigan
It seems many countries are just banning them with out a second thought. Is there no option to begin regulating them? I would actually feel better if the liquid was more quality assured. Some times it's hard to know if it is factory made or just basement made with loranne candy flavoring.

It crazy to just say no to such a viable and marketable product though.

nosmoke

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2008
Yeah, why don't they just buy/lease the patent?

Why dont they just F off they have had 50 -60-70 years out of smokers your product destroys life's ...finished end off FINITO ...to Miss Chen in the comfortable shoes....you need a f'ing reality check. I am not hurting anyone and im not pretending to smoke its just this thing i have is far more pleasant than chewing a bit of crappy gum all day, ps unlike gum i dont drop it on the sidewalk.

Lol it will end up like peeps at my work, im in the auto business and half my buds smoke weed and you know when the weed guy arrives lol....i will be like OMG when is the E liq dude coming to fix me up.

mawic5150

Feb 27, 2009
USA
NG NG NG NG why not just market them as an " herbal" alternative to smoking? """The FDA claims that they can only regulate things which fall under the two categories, namely foods and drugs. According to the Food and Drug Act passed in 1906 and 1938, all food additives and drugs should be approved by the FDA before they can be sold in the market. They all need to submit evidences about their health claims or how they can cure an ailment or condition, before they can be legally sold to the public.

Herbal remedies, which are classified under dietary supplements, are composed of processed or unprocessed elements such as plant barks, extracts and essential oils. Since they are considered as dietary supplements, they are not regulated by the FDA like drugs or prescription medications.

They are more likely classified and regulated as food, which helps make it easier for herbal remedies to be sold in the market since there are fewer restrictions in terms of their approval. Unfortunately, since these herbal remedies make health and disease claims, there have been discrepancies as to where they are going to be classified, and how they are going to be regulated.

According to recent debates, FDA do not approve herbal remedies due to the fact that it cannot clearly define the line that separates structure and function claims over disease and health claims. If the line was clearly defined, then herbal remedies would have been easier to regulate. Herbal remedies, which fall under dietary supplements, are not clearly defined and separated from foods. This makes it difficult for the FDA to implement its regulations since it cannot clearly categorize the herbal remedies as to whether it falls under foods or drugs.

One incident that further helped blur the lines in categorizing herbal remedies as foods is when different food companies started making health claims themselves. If this was the case, then these foods should be regulated as drugs. Due to this turn of events, the FDA is now finding it very difficult to further scrutinize the difference on how foods and the dietary supplements should be categorized and regulated. """

MisterPuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Oklahoma City, Ok. U.S.A
Herbal remedies, which are classified under dietary supplements, are composed of processed or unprocessed elements such as plant barks, extracts and essential oils.
Depending on how fast this thread is moving, may be a double post, if so sorry this jumped out at me and I had to comment.

Isnt Nic already considered a drug? I mean I don't think you can just call something by a new title and change what it is. (Which seems to be exactly what we are fighting... a name war)

You cant just toss any prescription medicine in a new product, call it herbal and get it passed. Just doesn't work like that.

SilverEagleBW

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
What the e-cig industry needs is a very in depth study to determine once and for all the health and safety factors with these products which should have been done a long time ago.I do not see how they can ban the device itself,it is after all just a vaporizer,however the nicotine is another question all together.If nicotine is banned from e-cigs than why shouldnt it be banned from analogs?It is the same drug,what is good for one should also be good for the other as i see it,just another delivery method,and a much more dangerous one.

These e-cigs threaten big business,the health care field,big tobacco and the governments tax profits from tobacco.Sure they will be banned,not a matter of if,is a matter of when now,and that day is coming very soon.If the companies that manufacture these products in China really do care about these products they need to "Get on the Stick",and now.But what would losing the American e-cig market really cost them?,Remember there is a world market out there for these,and some will just switch from manufacturing e-cigs to making some other electrical device.So who loses here?,we do,we lose the choice of quiting tobacco in our lives,time we stand up for that change,for a product we all love and enjoy.:cool:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
What the e-cig industry needs is a very in depth study to determine once and for all the health and safety factors with these products which should have been done a long time ago.I do not see how they can ban the device itself,it is after all just a vaporizer,however the nicotine is another question all together.If nicotine is banned from e-cigs than why shouldnt it be banned from analogs?It is the same drug,what is good for one should also be good for the other as i see it,just another delivery method,and a much more dangerous one.

These e-cigs threaten big business,the health care field,big tobacco and the governments tax profits from tobacco.Sure they will be banned,not a matter of if,is a matter of when now,and that day is coming very soon.If the companies that manufacture these products in China really do care about these products they need to "Get on the Stick",and now.But what would losing the American e-cig market really cost them?,Remember there is a world market out there for these,and some will just switch from manufacturing e-cigs to making some other electrical device.So who loses here?,we do,we lose the choice of quiting tobacco in our lives,time we stand up for that change,for a product we all love and enjoy.:cool:

EXACTLY

Right! All of you that have the means of doing reviews, make a truth commercial involving e cigs. Maybe not though. That may go back to trying to make them "look healthy":( Damn!

Lol Double edged sword, I musta went thru 4ml's in the past 30 minutes, so much for conserving..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread