Fda crackdown looms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawic5150

Feb 27, 2009
USA
Isnt Nic already considered a drug? I mean I don't think you can just call something by a new title and change what it is. (Which seems to be exactly what we are fighting... a name war)

You cant just toss any prescription medicine in a new product, call it herbal and get it passed. Just doesn't work like that.

nic is a drug but "tobacco extract"would fall under the herbal clause... I think

Faethe

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Orlando, Florida
It will work itself out. I am not sure how, but it will. I think what needs happen is the manufacturers - if they want to continue to market in the US - are going to have to invest in some legal counsel to get these things defined before the FDA does it for them. There is no logic to this. Perhaps they think our system is logical and are hoping that the product is evidence in itself?

Well, it's not. Yes, cigarettes will continue to be sold and new technology will be suppressed if it can be. This is just like the nonsense with the RIAA all over again. Stifle technology in favor of legal action. Brilliant!

It can work itself out, but yes - we are going to need the suppliers to accept that they must band together and avail themselves of legal counsel.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
I'm not preachy but if anyone of us gives a damn you need to email your Congressman, Senator, American Lung Association, and anyone else you can think of that has the ability to make these kinds of decisions.

I just did. Took maybe half an hour to find the email addresses and draft/send the emails. I also emailed Mr. Mclaughlin, the reporter, hoping for some positive news on the subject.

Sorry, not trying to tell anyone what to do, I'm just riled up! These hypocrites want their cake and eat it too. Their way or no way! B**ls**t! :evil:

MisterPuck

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Oklahoma City, Ok. U.S.A
I'm not preachy but if anyone of us gives a damn you need to email your Congressman, Senator, American Lung Association, and anyone else you can think of that has the ability to make these kinds of decisions.

I just did. Took maybe half an hour to find the email addresses and draft/send the emails. I also emailed Mr. Mclaughlin, the reporter, hoping for some positive news on the subject.

Sorry, not trying to tell anyone what to do, I'm just riled up! These hypocrites want their cake and eat it too. Their way or no way! B**ls**t! :evil:

write your rep:
https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Congress:
Contacting the Congress

the ALA:
Email the American Lung Association®

Live, Love, Be electric baby.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
I thought the only regulation on nicotine was that you had to be 18 to buy it. As a smoking cessation product it has to be approved but otherwise it's just nicotine.
Secondson, they can ban the e-cig itself as a "drug delivery device". It's been done before.
Also, don't think there isn't a lot of lobby money from the tobacco and pharm companies that will get involved.

SilverEagleBW

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
I am afraid that the ball to ban e-cigs is in motion and our only salvation will be indisputable proof that e-cigs are safe.Overcoming the initial ban will be very difficult to do if not impossible,to much opposition i am sure will voiced by tobbacco etc.and lobbyists from different money concerns.If it is ever to be again,i am sure there will a very strict control per dose on the nicotine,we will never be allowed to buy the e-liquids as we do now.I really feel bad for the suppliers here,we do have some really fantastic ones,would hate like hell to lose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread