Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Bottom line - you wont'. Sorry to be the Debbie Downer here. I had been smoking for 38 years and have seen the progression by our government.....society. Yes, it really boils down to "us"

Maybe the way is to thru the Legal System? But that would Probably take money that only Retailers could Provide.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm planning on ordering some nic base soon, if this thread makes that harder I'll be awful upset something fierce! Lol

Are you planning of buying Twenty or Thirty Liters of 100mg and then Selling 30ml Bottles after the Ban?

Or just for Personal use?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Glad I have nic juice in freezer :) Dang gov't is being a .... head, like they would rather see us smoking- ugh! grrrrr......... bnrk

edit: I read FDA correction, I still feel worried that they will make ecigs fall under "new tobacco products". I still cannot see how they can ban anything with zero nic tho, because it is doesn't relate to regulation including all the ecig hardware.

Last edited:

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Let's put this into perspective folks. Who benefits if there are no online sales of e-cigs? The tobacco companies who are going to sell their own at the local level, at the local gas stations and convenient stores. That's where this is coming from!!! It's Big Tobacco causing this. It's Big Tobacco with it's BIG $.

They are losing close to a billion every year now that cigarette smokers have changed over to e-cigs. They have been slow on the draw (no pun intended) in getting any of their products to the market. And boy...are they scrambling now!!!!!!!

They have the FDA in their pockets with this because they are throwing $ at them.

It has everything to do with creed and payoffs. And our government is not "for" the people anymore.

Big tobacco is at the root of this I am sure. It won't be long.

EXACTLY what I told Mr. nicnurse earlier this evening. Now we know why the tobacco companies scrambled to put their versions of product on the shelves so quickly. IF....and it is a big IF...online sales are eventually banned, the only people that benefit are B&M that are dedicated to vaping only or c stores/walmart/other big business locations that sell the disposable overpriced cigalikes. We all know who the biggest benefactors will be and it isn't all of us.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds come October. Given all of this today, I made a decision. I have a large stockpile, and cutting my nic is now my plan. Granted, I have enough stashed to DIY for years, but that just means I can be gradual with my nic titration and when my supply is out, I should be at zero nic and I am done vaping. BT will NEVER benefit from my $$$ ever again.

It makes me sad though. Without regulation, I probably would have vaped some low mg of nic indefinitely.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I'm planning on ordering some nic base soon, if this thread makes that harder I'll be awful upset something fierce! Lol

I already got my 20 year supply. I'm storing it in my Y2K gasoline powered chest freezer, right next to the 50 cases of Cheez Whiz and that wind up computer I bought. Just in case. Irrational paranoid hysteria can be so expensive...

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I would to add to what wv2win said. Next year is an election year. We can send a clear message to any politician that opposes vaping....vote for their opponent regardless of political party.

Actually once the election cycle starts early next year, we should get a sticky forum topic that lists politicians that are actively working against CASSA to encourage all vapors to vote against them.

Would it not be a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water if a politician was good on other topics you supported, yet not on a PV .. ?? I don't know about you, but myself, I vote for the overall best candidate ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I'm an Independent and moderate by nature. But when it comes to our countries security and our right to live our lives as we see fit in a reasonable manner, there is only one way to lean. All one has to do is see who is against vaping and which way they lean to answer the question. It is no accident that the FDA's attempt to ban vaping completely began in 2009.

The FDA initially began it's quest against the PV in September 2008 by attempting to stop 2 large incoming shipments from China that were going to Smoking Everywhere / NJOY .. Andrew C. von Eschenbach was the head of the FDA at the time .. a Republican appointee ..

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
"This article has been changed from its original version to reflect that the Food and Drug Administration did not initiate the idea of a proposed ban on online sales of e-cigarettes. It also clarifies that the FDA did not make nonpublic information available in its discussions with e-cigarette makers." FDA Discusses Banning Online Sales of E-Cigarettes - WSJ.com

images

With that...I'm closing this one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread