Status
Not open for further replies.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Like I am sure the thought about it before they put out and continue to put out more and more different types of business across the country with all these new regulations popping up everyday
ohh but they are all for your good

Uh - huh. Like Carrie Nation pushing prohibition of alcohol (she died long before the Volstead Act was passed).
We got Prohibition.
Then we got the Mafia.

So goes the old caveat emptor ...Be careful what you ask for, you just may get it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I really do not think hardware will even have any sort of ban on it. It is too easy to make. It is still 100% legal to buy "water pipes" for smoking "other" things online. Not to mention if they did ban advanced PV's all someone has to do is make a 510 threaded flashlight head, screw it on and sell it as a variable brightness flashlight that used 18000 series batteries.

PG and VG as well as flavorings are also very easy to obtain. This leaves the actual nic juice as the main source for contention. If you feel the need to stock up, this is what it should be.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
And it is not difficult to ascertain which and what type of elected offcial wants to control our lives and which ones/type are more apt to leave us alone. Unfortunately, there are many people who vape who don't know the difference or would rather not acknowledge that their very own sympathies have propelled this type of politician to positions of power.

While I am a firm believer that both political parties are corrupt in one way or another. I think it is pretty obvious that one side has a "collectivist" mind set and will trample all over the rights of the individual in order to achieve their objectives. While I do not care much for the other party either, I will vote for them, because I am a selfish ....... and I want to keep my rights. I guess you can call me a "reluctant Republican".

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Why don't we keep the Rep. vs Dem. thing in the OUTSIDE section of the ECF.

Blaming who Voted for Whom Isn't going to make the Current Situation with e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids Any Better.

It is important to understand who is actively against vaping and wants it restricted at a minimum and who is content to leave it alone and just keep quite on the topic. It won't change the current situation, but if any possible changes can be delayed until a smaller number of "nanny state" legislators are in power, that can be an advantage to the vaping community. This direction has been put forth by those with much more political experience than you or most of us on ECF.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
It is important to understand who is actively against vaping and wants it restricted at a minimum and who is content to leave it alone and just keep quite on the topic. It won't change the current situation, but if any possible changes can be delayed until a smaller number of "nanny state" legislators are in power, that can be an advantage to the vaping community. This direction has been put forth by those with much more political experience than you or most of us on ECF.

I would to add to what wv2win said. Next year is an election year. We can send a clear message to any politician that opposes vaping....vote for their opponent regardless of political party.

Actually once the election cycle starts early next year, we should get a sticky forum topic that lists politicians that are actively working against CASSA to encourage all vapors to vote against them.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
While I am a firm believer that both political parties are corrupt in one way or another. I think it is pretty obvious that one side has a "collectivist" mind set and will trample all over the rights of the individual in order to achieve their objectives. While I do not care much for the other party either, I will vote for them, because I am a selfish ....... and I want to keep my rights. I guess you can call me a "reluctant Republican".

I'm an Independent and moderate by nature. But when it comes to our countries security and our right to live our lives as we see fit in a reasonable manner, there is only one way to lean. All one has to do is see who is against vaping and which way they lean to answer the question. It is no accident that the FDA's attempt to ban vaping completely began in 2009.

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA

"Collectivist mindset" Well said. Well said.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Yeah... It is also a Great Way to have a Thread like this Go Way Off Topic.

I think it would be Great if you Started a Republican vs. Democrat e-Cigarette Policy thread in the OUTSIDE. When you do, post a Link to it and I'll be sure to Check it Out.

BTW - Did you notice the "Likes" on my Post? I believe that One of them was from the OP.

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA

I think it would be Great if you Started a Republican vs. Democrat e-Cigarette Policy thread in the OUTSIDE. When you do, post a Link to it and I'll be sure to Check it Out.

BTW - Did you notice the "Likes" on my Post? I believe that One of them was from the OP.

The commissioner of the FDA is appointed by the president. Just saying.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I'm an Independent and moderate by nature. But when it comes to our countries security and our right to live our lives as we see fit in a reasonable manner, there is only one way to lean. All one has to do is see who is against vaping and which way they lean to answer the question. It is no accident that the FDA's attempt to ban vaping completely began in 2009.

Amen. .....

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest

The brains of the Left are hardwired different than those on the Right.
If ya expect to convert the other side ... May I just say ... Good Luck !!
:p

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I find it interesting that there is no email from CASAA in my inbox about this. This kind of information and subsequent calls to action are the reason I joined, why did I have to hear about this on Reddit first? Is it because CASAA advocates taking no action at this time?

CASAA has not acted on this yet no doubt because at this point what we're all discussing is an unsubstianted RUMOR, from an unnamed source mentioned in the Wall Street Journal.

The reason we're all fired up is that IF such a ban were put into effect, it would totally discombulate the majority of ECF members, who rely heavily on internet vendors. (And of course because it is a totally unreasonable action for FDA to take, for everybody, not just ECFers.)

I assume that CASAA will get on this IF AND WHEN FDA comes out with this specifically in their deeming regulations. Until then, all we can do is speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread