Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
In my opinion, it is because of too much penetration in school:D
LOL, but they are NOT smoking cigarettes.

Past year sales of JUUL increase 7 fold since Sen Schumer's public attack

Big tobacco is losing customers and revenue. So that means the state and federal governments are losing money.
PERIOD.
FDA misleads public about DHHS survey data on teen vaping
Like everything else in the world we live in...follow the money.

ETA: Read through this section of the forum: Media and General News
HTH
I

Reactions: Feelm Tech

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
FDA Keep Threatening JUUL, What is your Opinions?
Juul’s issue is three fold.
Part 1 of the problem is that juul succeeded at making an exceptionally evil and addictive product. It’s a closed system 50mg nic salt vape. It appears to be specifically designed to produce maximum addiction and allow no method of escape.
Part 2 is that various aspects of the design combined with the excessive levels of nicotine made it into what was effectively a during school party drug dispenser. This infuriated parents.
Part 3 of the problem is that juul the corporate entity is not a member of the boys club known colloquially as “big tobacco”. The defenses set up by that group to protect them from policing do not extend to juul and worse that same engine of legislative manipulation is actually bent on its demise because it is a competitor.

At this point anyone attempting to emulate juul’s success using its methods is going to be running into a buzz saw.

Corporate culture seems to repetitively fail to understand the sheer mass of fire they can draw by damaging children. My favorite current example is in China where the entire children’s baby formula industry committed seppuku by a single company adulterating baby formula with ground up floor tile. China is likely going to be importing baby formula exclusively for the next fifty years or more.

If I was trying to introduce a “gas station ecig” to the US the first hurdle would be getting into the supply chain in the first place. I don’t even know the first thing about how to do that, but assuming it could even be done I would avoid closed system sales and “child friendly flavors” like the plague. Getting known as the drug of choice for children is likely to cause a level of wrath to fall upon one of biblical proportions.

Feelm Tech

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 19, 2018
Shenzhen
www.feelmtech.com
Juul’s issue is three fold.
Part 1 of the problem is that juul succeeded at making an exceptionally evil and addictive product. It’s a closed system 50mg nic salt vape. It appears to be specifically designed to produce maximum addiction and allow no method of escape.
Part 2 is that various aspects of the design combined with the excessive levels of nicotine made it into what was effectively a during school party drug dispenser. This infuriated parents.
Part 3 of the problem is that juul the corporate entity is not a member of the boys club known colloquially as “big tobacco”. The defenses set up by that group to protect them from policing do not extend to juul and worse that same engine of legislative manipulation is actually bent on its demise because it is a competitor.

At this point anyone attempting to emulate juul’s success using its methods is going to be running into a buzz saw.

Corporate culture seems to repetitively fail to understand the sheer mass of fire they can draw by damaging children. My favorite current example is in China where the entire children’s baby formula industry committed seppuku by a single company adulterating baby formula with ground up floor tile. China is likely going to be importing baby formula exclusively for the next fifty years or more.

If I was trying to introduce a “gas station ecig” to the US the first hurdle would be getting into the supply chain in the first place. I don’t even know the first thing about how to do that, but assuming it could even be done I would avoid closed system sales and “child friendly flavors” like the plague. Getting known as the drug of choice for children is likely to cause a level of wrath to fall upon one of biblical proportions.
wow, very very impressive analysis.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
wow, very very impressive analysis.
Lol. The result of being over educated and under employed. I get bored. Plus I’ve been eyeing juul for a while now. I was pretty sure nothing good could come of their maximum addiction strategy. What they should have done when that video of a 10 year old in class puffing on a juul behind their teachers back hit the internet was to publicly pull everything and reformulate their juices and nicotine strengths whether they needed it or not. They were too greedy though. I think there is a reasonable chance juul may survive. Maybe. IF the true draw of easily concealable vape pods is really fruit flavors (which I doubt). I think it is more probable that kids will simply switch to the tobacco flavors and to other very similar products such a fuse, where upon those products will likely be nuked from orbit along with anything standing nearby. Myself I’m stocking up on DIY materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread