Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It's not a big tobacco issue either. They just make the product and sell it to retailers. It's a retailer issue. The FDA is just looking for an excuse to use the ban hammer.

Seemed like things were going Pretty Good at the FDA until the Media and some Drum Beaters in Congress started the Battle Cry that there was an "Epidemic" of JUULing.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Seemed like things were going Pretty Good at the FDA until the Media and some Drum Beaters in Congress started the Battle Cry that there was an "Epidemic" of JUULing.
There must be some in the background that don't like the head of the fda very much....they know what they are asking of him just does not work, so maybe this is their way of making him look bad so he will be replaced? You know, since he vapes?
Something to ponder anyway....

:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There must be some in the background that don't like the head of the fda very much....they know what they are asking of him just does not work, so maybe this is their way of making him look bad so he will be replaced? You know, since he vapes?
Something to ponder anyway....

:)

It's really SOP for some.

Invent or Amplify a Problem.
Fan the Media Frenzy thru Half Truths and or Slanted Data and or One-Sided Emotional Statements.
Blame the "Other Side" for Lack of Action.
Demand that Something is Done or there will be (usually Funding) Repercussions.

It's all Kinda Street Theater. And they Don't really Give a Damn if a Whole Segment of the Population (like Smokers) get thrown Under the Bus.

As Long as there are More who believe they are "Saving the Children", even though there Not, that's all that Matters.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
It's really SOP for some.

Invent or Amplify a Problem.
Fan the Media Frenzy thru Half Truths and or Slanted Data and or One-Sided Emotional Statements.
Blame the "Other Side" for Lack of Action.
Demand that Something is Done or there will be (usually Funding) Repercussions.

It's all Kinda Street Theater. And they Don't really Give a Damn if a Whole Segment of the Population (like Smokers) get thrown Under the Bus.

As Long as there are More who believe they are "Saving the Children", even though there Not, that's all that Matters.
Hoping all this will be yesterday's news when the election garbage starts to heat up.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'

Exactly. This is what put me, (NicotineRush), out of business. (PACT Act)

Regulation/legislation is coming. I have no doubt.

A smart person will be ready. Fortunately vaping equipment/supplies are relatively small and easily stored.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Maybe the FDA could do something more useful like removing these supplements from drugstore shelves. They know they contain prescription drugs and do nothing

this is their database so the FDA knows these are being sold yet leave them on the market.

Tainted Products Marketed as Dietary Supplements_CDER

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Plus the ones that actually DO weird stuff that can really mess you up because they Do work but also do other stuff like kill off your kidneys etc. St.John's wort, Kava kava up in there right next to all the bottles of placebo. I don't knock placebo but I read a study on some type of Mediterranean crab that needs like Vitamin K or something to survive but if it's unavailable, it just SYNTHESIZES it. I placebo my body into that state at all times, and I have never, not one time, had a vitamin deficiency in my lab work.

If I get a bladder infection I do go running to the doctor crying like a little girl, however.

I look at alternative medicine as "another way to die", only the pharmacist isn't even COUNTING the tablets let alone labelling them with anything. The good news for the supplement industry is that your body can purchase and consume a LOT of toxins and expired drugs before you give up the ghost.

"No safe spaces." That appears to be my theme for today. No safe supplement bottles not a one!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread