Admin
Verified Member
  • Deleted by Oliver

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom
How about an easily navigated/searchable database of establishments that people have found do/don't allow e-cigs inside.

For example, I'd like to be able to click "UK" from a list of countries. This takes me to a page with a list of national chains of pubs and restaurants at the top. If I then click "Spirit Pubs" it says "{username} writes that the Spirit head office officially banned use of e-cigs in all their pubs on {date}"

Below the list of national chains is a list of cities/towns. Clicking the name of my city town then brings up a list of pubs, clubs, restaurants, etc. Clicking the same of a pub reveals "{username} writes 'I spoke to the landlord/manager/bartender on {date} and they enthusiastically allow e-cig use inside'"

Perhaps modeled on banjohangout.org's review section

It might be more trouble than it's worth, or not take off with users submitting reports.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi KP!

Good idea! There is actually a product called easyforms which I have installed on the forum - it allows anyone to create a form that then formats the data according to a variety of settings.

Perhaps we'd need to create a sub-forum within the E-smoking in public forums?

I won't be able to do it just yet, but if you'd like to start a discussion thread in the e-smoking in public forum about this, I'll sticky it........

SJ

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
  • Deleted by Oliver

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
i would love a place where marketing and suppliers where required to have a panel of members approve them before they could start selling thier brand. approval in the context of the wording they are allowed to use and maybe also have the panel members actually test thier brand and approve it for the genral public

but i dont see that happening anytime soon

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Right to Vape are discussing an approval scheme Mage. I think it requires a bit more structure and organisation than this forum has (sorry SmokeyJoe, I love this forum but Right to Vape is dedicated to this rather than being of general interest and jack of all trades).

Anyone who is interested in discussing how an approval scheme for traders and manufacturers could work can give their input here - Stamp of Approval

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Not so much a feature request as a sub-forum idea. I think it would be nice if there were a sub-folder in the DIY E-liquid area for recipe ideas. There is a thread in there, but it's already 20 pages long and has lots of different stuff in there. A sub-folder would allow each recipe it's own post making them easier to look through and find.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
Not so much a feature request as a sub-forum idea. I think it would be nice if there were a sub-folder in the DIY E-liquid area for recipe ideas. There is a thread in there, but it's already 20 pages long and has lots of different stuff in there. A sub-folder would allow each recipe it's own post making them easier to look through and find.

+1 That would make it so much easier!!!!

Rev. Mac

Mar 12, 2009
Wilmington, NC USA
I am not sure if this would even be possible. Or if anyone else would be interested but I think A NSFW area where people are about to talk openly about whatever comes to mind.

I think for those that would be offended, they would have the option to not use it. I know we have a bunch of adults on here that could possibly be interested in this

Well that is just my .02

thanks

Edit: Maybe even popping up a poll to see if there is anyone interested in this first would be the way to go.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Someone suggested on another thread that the sticky threads could be doing with a bit of tidying up.

We really could do with a bit of organisation with stickies, too many get in the way and too few mean that important information can get lost. A bit of a clean up and review of priorities might be a good thing.

I can have a look at the ones on the new members board and the review board if you want and make a start on streamlining them and getting the important stuff at the top and front.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Someone suggested on another thread that the sticky threads could be doing with a bit of tidying up.

We really could do with a bit of organisation with stickies, too many get in the way and too few mean that important information can get lost. A bit of a clean up and review of priorities might be a good thing.

I can have a look at the ones on the new members board and the review board if you want and make a start on streamlining them and getting the important stuff at the top and front.

Hi I love the idea of rating suppliers, we are developing into a huge group of spenders and should expect a honest reliable base of vendors and develop a group of partners, looking out for us the people who spend, huge dollars. If we can help build these these companies, we should get strong meaningful service and products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread