Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
FORUM RULE #1
No one ever reads the stickies.

FORUM RULE #2
Don't bother creating a sticky, no one cares and no one will read it.

FORUM RULE #3
Don't bother with Rules because they are in a sticky, and Rule 1 applies.

FORUM RULE #4
The people who most need to read the stickies, never read them.

FORUM RULE #5
Whatever one person thinks is a good idea, five more will immediately disagree with.

FORUM RULE #6
Just give up, it's a lot easier.

ECF FORUM RULE #7
Please just add plenty of Polish White Spirit or Bacardi 151 to your vape and chill out, it's better all round.
Thanks for posting that in here. This is the first time I've read the rules on ECF. I'm glad to know that I've been following them the whole time.:D

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
FORUM RULE #1
No one ever reads the stickies.

FORUM RULE #2
Don't bother creating a sticky, no one cares and no one will read it.

FORUM RULE #3
Don't bother with Rules because they are in a sticky, and Rule 1 applies.

FORUM RULE #4
The people who most need to read the stickies, never read them.

FORUM RULE #5
Whatever one person thinks is a good idea, five more will immediately disagree with.

FORUM RULE #6
Just give up, it's a lot easier.

ECF FORUM RULE #7
Please just add plenty of Polish White Spirit or Bacardi 151 to your vape and chill out, it's better all round.

To Roly and Rule 7:
:toast:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Thanks everyone for the responses and the tips. And I stand corrected about the pages comment Voltaire. I wasn’t aware that you could increase the pages. Thanks, I think I’ll increase mine to 40 like you.

As I stated in my post, it’s just a minor annoyance and not really a big deal, right now. Simply a housekeeping proposal to keep things from getting out of hand as time goes by.

It appears that some members automatically hit the quote button when replying. I just feel it’s silly and unnecessary (inconsiderate actually) to quote someone's entire post (I've seen very long ones) just to say welcome. Or to quote a full page post just to say "I agree." And if you’re going to address just part of the post, and the post is lengthy, just quote the relevant parts…it just takes literally seconds to do. If everyone starts mindlessly hitting the quote button, this minor annoyance will become a major one that will certainly detract from the fun of ecf.

What if ecf grows and we see, say 50 new members pop in each day and introduce themselves (wouldn't that be great?!). If 10 old members respond to welcome them by hitting the quote button...well, you get the picture.

In reality, this won’t happen because most won’t do this. But that is the sole purpose of this housekeeping measure, to make sure everyone is on the same page and does their share to keep our house clutter-free… otherwise it’ll be like living with lazy roomies who don’t do their share to clean the apartment. lol

As ecf grows, I believe incoming members should have some general guidelines on the responsible use of the quote button, to mitigate the likelihood of excessive verbiage clutter on this forum. I'd much rather be proactive here than reactive.

Sorry I got keyboard ........, but housekeeping measures from time-to-time are very simple things, really. They will help in the long run though... and I'm in for the long haul.

Mahalo!

Yeah, me too.

:D

Big Hit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Inver Grove Heights MN
Can admin post a reminder regarding the proper use of quotes?

I’ve noticed in my..........................short time here that the quote feature is being overused ........................................ and not a real big deal…simply a housekeeping request.

Thanks!

Is this better?

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
4709314255_ee252942f4.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread