feeler:: Houston vape meetup

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I said it before... I really think you will have a tough time finding a place in Spring that will be willing to accept a large group on a weekend. That is the only real "busy" time for those places. A large group (and we will have a very large group) will disrupt the flow of business. Not to mention finding one that will let this large group sit and vape- something that a lot of other customers are going to likely be suspicious of. Also Spring has a lot of "events" on weekends, which draws in large numbers. I just checked the Old Town Spring calender, and they have the Texas Crawfish Festival schedule for the same weekend that you are trying to schedule this for. And while personally I would love a huge plate of some mudbugs, the crowd is going to be large that weekend

I'll also add that Spring is not exactly "centrally located". While it won't bother me one bit to drive up, I'm sure that location will deter a few people, particular people south of Houston.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
I don't mind going out of my way to meet some of you guys and gals, so anywhere between Galveston, Sugar Land, and Spring is okay by me. Crawfish was common food for me back in the 1940's, so I won't be going out of my way for a mess of them, heheh. Be that as it may, it appears that May 14th may not be an ideal meeting place for a get together in Spring.

phoenix6

Dec 7, 2010
Houston, TX
I was led over here by another member (b4cz28) who replied to my introduction thread. I live in Spring currently and have most of my life. I know for sure there are a lot of places that will accept a large crowd. I myself never organized an event, but I used to attend car meets when I was into that scene. I'd love to put myself down for attending and help out, hell I'd love to be able to assist the vendors as well if I could... but I'll be in Georgia during that time for a friends wedding :/

I hope this meetup becomes a success so it can happen again in the near future :)

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
N2rock~Nothing in the houston area is centrally located. takes me close to an hour to get downtown from The Woodlands, 2 hours to get to clearlake.
I'm not looking to take over Houston, haha. I'm just looking to meet other people that vape in Houston and want to hang out. So, if 3 people show up, then i'm happy :) Even if we don't decide to hold the meet up at a venue, I know of some great parks that we can hang out at. However, Houston is extremely diverse & I'm sure we won't have a problem locating a venue.

brialeeanna20 I'd be more than happy for you to jump on board, help get the word out & maybe we can do the meet up at the same place ya'll did it last month! Did it work out well for ya'll?

B4z28 is scouting out places now, because I won't be able to look until Tuesday (gotta work all weekend)

Br5495~ I'm like you, i'd go from Galveston to Huntsville just to hang out with some other vape friends!

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support in helping get this together! I'm positive we will have a great time!

DjCaptainKiddo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
You missed the last meet we put together last month. It was help at a Buffalo Wild Wings off of 59 in midtown. We are planning another meet this summer in early July. Add me as a friend and I will keep you updated. FYI you really want to attend. We had so many door prizes that almost everyone got one, some received two.

timothy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2010
texas
You missed the last meet we put together last month. It was help at a Buffalo Wild Wings off of 59 in midtown. We are planning another meet this summer in early July. Add me as a friend and I will keep you updated. FYI you really want to attend. We had so many door prizes that almost everyone got one, some received two.

bring some of them proveri's with ya and i'm down.........................

the.vapyre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2010
Houston, Texas
Count me in! I was at the BWW meet and it was a blast! brialeeanna20 if you already have an email address list compiled from the last one, maybe you could send out some kind of group email with the place and time of the next one if you wanted to? I would hate for anyone to miss out on any Houston area vape meet-up just because they forgot to check the forums for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread