Fell off the wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wphsmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Orlando, FL
I fell of the wagon tonight. I bought a pack of cigarettes and smoked a few. The reason? I only have one flavor of eliquid because I'm working a political campaign for a friend for free and I'm waiting on Financial Aid.

I know, I know. Sob story, right? Oh well, I'll smoke a real cigarette every now. ecig, analog, etc etc. All I have right now is Peach Cobbler. It sure doesn't taste good with beer either.

Is this normal? :glare:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
if you lived closer I'd bring some by ya!
Definitely get yourself a few flavors. For drinking, try the Rum! Even the Whiskey flavor vapes nice. A little bit of a bite at first, but smooths out and has nice vapor.

Cappuccino for mornings and late night (mid level nic). A nice bold toffee or something fruity for day time. Rum/whiskey for evening and end it with smooth, low level cappuccino before bed.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
My first week I tried a few analogs just to see the difference. I couldn't believe after one day how horrible they tasted... (and I smoked 23 years). Luckily I have my wife on e-cigs too. We share cartomizers and juice so I try to keep stocked up. Rather throw down $20 on juice every 2 weeks than $80 on cigs.

wphsmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Orlando, FL
if you lived closer I'd bring some by ya!
Definitely get yourself a few flavors. For drinking, try the Rum! Even the Whiskey flavor vapes nice. A little bit of a bite at first, but smooths out and has nice vapor.

Cappuccino for mornings and late night (mid level nic). A nice bold toffee or something fruity for day time. Rum/whiskey for evening and end it with smooth, low level cappuccino before bed.

Dang! You have it all figured out! Now, that's some good thinking! :ohmy:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
No failure detected! Ecigs take away cigarettes... a little at a time. If you quit cold turkey and sneak a few cigs a day, you feel like a failure. If your initial mission statement was "I want to quit smoking tobacco and I'm going to use Ecigs as a replacement to eventually quit.", then you are not painting yourself into a corner.

Vape as often as you desire to smoke. If you feel the urge to smoke an analog, hit the Ecig heavily a couple of times, wait a couple of minutes, and see if the urge subsides. Use the Ecig to ward off those cravings. If it doesn't work, have an analog and start over with the Ecigs. You'll find that vaping will replace more and more tobacco cigs as you go along. There's nothing wrong with ramping down from your original habit to 1/4 or less. The more you vape, the less you want tobacco.

Order some samples and find the ones you like the best. Give your taste time to get used to Ejuice. As the days pass, you might find that a juice you didn't care for tastes pretty good as your sense of smell and taste returns.

Norby

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Emporia, Kansas
Don't feel bad. If nothing else, you've cut down a lot.

Three months ago, I decided I wanted to start "cutting down" on tobacco cigs. I did - went from a pack a day to 1/2 pack a day. It's only been a few days now that I haven't bought any more cigarettes, and when I do try one now it tastes terrible. So maybe I'm finally through with the tobacco! But if I do want to have one, that's fine too.

Tracey081

Jun 26, 2010
Virginia
That's the one thing that's most disconcerting about e-cigs for me: hardware failure. A FEW times in my life, I've gotten stuck without cigarettes because of "hardware failure" (pack dropped into the river while rafting, for example), and I've since figured out ways around that (extra pack in car at all times; a few packs hidden throughout the house for emergencies).

But w/ e-cigs, stocking up for emergencies can be expensive! (I'm going on 3 wks of e-cigs). I've got 3 extra unused batts, 5 atomizers, and I've ordered extra juices, carts, and little sponge things.

Problem for me this weekend was, I got a large bottle of juice I love, but the bottle came apart! (The tip got stuck in the cap; the "eyedropper" part is unusable). I've rigged up something else to hold the juice, but I've got to pour instead of drop, which gets messy (and is a lot of wasted juice) until my new shipment gets in. :-/

So I'm going to use a few different suppliers in case I get a bad batch or bottle again; and I guess I'll learn how to handle "bad bottle" problems (maybe have backup bottles to transfer juice into?).

But it was certainly easier having backup cigs than having backup e-cigs. Takes a lot more thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread