Fender0942 & bstedh's Scubagenv3 CO-OP discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewain

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2010
Winnipeg Canada
I'm sure I've got mine delivered by now but just can't get it. I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Had to get it delivered to a parcel service in Neche, ND and can't get down there. If there's anyone that might be coming this way from Neche please let me know if you can pick mine up and I'd gladly pay. The guy who was going to do it said he "felt uncomfortable doing it" when I told him it was ecig stuff. There's no problems with Customs and hardware it's just the nicotine they stop. Hope you guys are having fun playing around with all those bits and pieces. Many thanks to everyone who put all the time and effort into getting the co-op going and getting the parts made and shipped. A heroic effort and much appreciated.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Mine came in earlier in the week but I didn't have time to get to them till today. Unfortunately it look like there's a limit of 25 downloads/day on filesanwhere and the instructions are locked for download. Anyone have a copy they can post somewhere?

EDIT: Got it- thanks paul

Sorry it went into the 25 limit because my files anywhere account was due its annual payment. I just reactivated the full account so now there is no download limit.
Dan

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
So I tried the 45º bias even though it waste a fair amount of material with these smaller sheets. Bent great, no kinks, all was well in the world. Then I put it to the Bernzomatic to carbonize it and noticed it smoked a little more than usual. Yep...wasn't paying attention and left the wire inside. I got a laugh out of it so figured I would share my clumsiness as a reminder to others :oops:

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
so how does this work? are these for sale? who makes em? i probably missed all this info in earlier posts so sorry for that.

It was a co-op. Those running it took orders in advance until 100 units were ordered. Sorry you missed the boat, but there's probably others going on or getting ready to if you keep an eye out.

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
Little tips:

1. The 45 degree bias is an awesome idea, and whoever came up with it is a genius. Use it...makes the whole process much less frustrating.

2. You don't need glue for the bic tubes, just use a nail or anything metal and tapered, and flare out the top, so it can't get pushed into the hole too far. Then just wedge it in, and you're good.

3. I had some problems with the o-rings, then I just rolled them into the steel channel. If you push them in all the way, you shouldn't have any issues, and you won't need to cut them.

That's all I've got so far. Anyone have good advice on how to wrap the coils to specific ohms ratings? It doesn't seem to matter how many coils I put on, it always comes out between 3.0 to 3.5 ohms, and that's too high for me. I'm down to only two coils, and it's still at 2.9 ohms.

jdubious

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Coppell, TX
Little tips:

2. You don't need glue for the bic tubes, just use a nail or anything metal and tapered, and flare out the top, so it can't get pushed into the hole too far. Then just wedge it in, and you're good.

For this I rolled up a bit of scrap mesh, inserted it through the bic tube, positioned it on the scubagen body then used a micro torch to heat the ends(of the bic tube). the mesh will offer support to the tube while the heat mushrooms the ends of it. Then just let it cool for a minute and pull the mesh out. It leaves it looking perfect.

Darkreign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Texas and sometimes Afghanistan
Ok, finally got mine working at an acceptable level. Man this thing takes a fair amount of tinkering to get it working right. :) One thing I am still having issues with is wicking rate. I get just the right amount of TH and flavor, but only in short bursts, like 3-4 seconds. Then I have to tilt and wait for the next hit. I guess the DC Cartos got me spoiled with 7-8 second hits.

Is there any way to increase the flow rate of fluid through the wicks? Right now I have a 4" x .5" SS 400 wick installed (45° Bias) with the ceramic sleeve installed.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
Ok, finally got mine working at an acceptable level. Man this thing takes a fair amount of tinkering to get it working right. :) One thing I am still having issues with is wicking rate. I get just the right amount of TH and flavor, but only in short bursts, like 3-4 seconds. Then I have to tilt and wait for the next hit. I guess the DC Cartos got me spoiled with 7-8 second hits.

Is there any way to increase the flow rate of fluid through the wicks? Right now I have a 4" x .5" SS 400 wick installed (45° Bias) with the ceramic sleeve installed.

What VG% is your joose? If it is higher then 325 SS Mesh may wick better.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
Can I just make it or do I have to ask for permission? We have so much 7/8 303 ss stock slugs at work I can make these No problem, I'm working on a program for the cnc so i won't go through the manual side of things. Seems like a headache to build tho, I wonder if I can use ss rod instead of wires to do the connections, ill have to ask for his.advice.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Can I just make it or do I have to ask for permission? We have so much 7/8 303 ss stock slugs at work I can make these No problem, I'm working on a program for the cnc so i won't go through the manual side of things. Seems like a headache to build tho, I wonder if I can use ss rod instead of wires to do the connections, ill have to ask for his.advice.

As long as you not making profit on them he has the design posted so you can make them for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread