First a movie, now the e-cig on TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Cool! But were they actually making fun of e-cigs by saying that "every time you turn your head with that thing in your mouth your shadow looks like FDR?"

My take is this...
I don't think they wrote an E-cig into the script just to poke fun at them.
E-cigs are not commonly seen in movies so a comment was just an
acknowledgment of the obvious thing.

If the e-cig was written in to the script just to poke fun at e-cigs
I can think of a ton negative comments they could have used
like "You know those things contain ant-freeze"

Last edited:

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
I tend to agree with Petrodus. I think the guy was actually poking at her, not the e-cig. I think she's supposed to be Internal Affairs and there's typically no love lost there.

in the clip she's a FBI agent investigating the main character for the murder of a crime boss (as in they think he outright stalked him and shot him down)

the FDR comment was a bag on her.. not the ecig... and honestly.. i thought he fact that they didnt make ANY deal over the cig at all.. was promising... it was treated exactly as it SHOULD be... nobody but the user should care

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
That's too cool Tauk - and thanks for sharing the extended clip!

in the clip she's a FBI agent investigating the main character for the murder of a crime boss (as in they think he outright stalked him and shot him down)

the FDR comment was a bag on her.. not the ecig... and honestly.. i thought he fact that they didnt make ANY deal over the cig at all.. was promising... it was treated exactly as it SHOULD be... nobody but the user should care

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008
Aye my thanks as well. I enjoy this kind of show, and it'll be interesting to see how they portray her vaping during the show. Now if someone'd just let her know she can leave her PV assembled and not have to look so frantic as she screws that cartomizer on. lol

She does look frantic, aye? It's not just me? :unsure:

I'm not sure how long this character will be around. The story is that the FBI has sent her in to investigate one of the main detective characters, who they suspect of murder. She's frequently chewing on nicotine gum because she's quitting smoking, and the e-cig use at the end of the first scene is supposed to be her reaching for the e-cig as her go-to for when she's stressed and the gum isn't enough.

maxx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
PA, USA
www.omnimaxx.com
I am not familiar with this show at all...so I don't have any context for this character. Is her character on-screen smoking, normally? Perhaps her smoking has been the subject of dialogue in past shows? Or did she just show up one day puffing an e-cig? If the latter, then it could be they are trying to connect to the movie The Tourist. The medias tend to borrow from each other and run with trendy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread