First Day with E-Cigs & Not off to a good start

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what I am seeing is correct, one battery activates on its own and the other one does not have the little cover over the switch... If this is correct you got a bum kit. Contact your retailer and get it replaced!!!!!!!

You can reference this post so they can see what you are talking about.

no. I had both covers originally. one of the batteries fell on the floor and the cover must have popped off... looked everywhere, but no luck.

you want to hold it at a 45 deg angle and allow the juice to run down the inside wall so it doesn't go down the center tube of the carto.
. I will try that and do appreciate the help.

Also remove the carto from the battery when filling. that way you will see immediately if it is coming out the connector. This is the point where everybody has been saying to blow through the carto into a napkin to get the excess juice out of the center tube.
and this too.

Sorry for not being so chatty... been a horrible and long day.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
here is what you are looking for to prevent this. I am sure other dealers have them this is just the first place I saw one...
FreedomSmokeUSA

ButtonProtector.jpg

bstedh the battery goes on because I pick up the device or put it down or do something and it has a light touch. It would be great if I can find a cap/cover to disable it until I am ready to use it.

ordered and received replacement battery and extra cartomizers and now my 510 looks like this: DSC01323.jpg which is much easier to hold since it is so much slimmer and lighter. I also filled it with black licorice liquid which is very satisfying and I think I have the hang of how to puff and draw into my mouth now.

Questions:
  1. how long do these cartomizers typically last before they are no longer usable?
  2. how will I know it is no longer usable?

Last edited:

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Glad to see things are getting better for you.

The life of the carto will be determined mostly by thy type of juice you are using. In my experience the sweeter the juice the quicker the heating coil gets gunked up. This will eventually lead to poor wicking action to the coil and start to give a burnt taste and can also start to close up the center air hole causing hard draws. Basically when the taste is no longer "right" after filling it is done. You can sometime bring them back a little by cleaning them but I wouldn't worry about that until you are comfortable with vaping. Also it seams the longer you use them the filler material seems to get a stale taste, another indication it's time to switch it out.

Just search for carto cleaning. I use a sonic jewelry cleaner.

I have not had one actually die, the taste just goes bad in them.

Last edited:
After a stressful week of smoking analogs interspersed with successful vaping using that skinny, 510 Mega Battery with blue tip with the Smok Tech 2,5 Ohm 510 Mega Cartomizer filled with black licorice (24 mg juice), I decided it was time to try a new cartomizer. I was led to believe I was not dripping the cartomizer correctly since I was just dripping the juice down and then wiping up the drip from the bottom before using. So I threw it out and pulled out a brand new 510 Mega Cartomizer, blew out the end through a paper towel to clean it, and only let the juice drip down the sides, being careful to not let it drip down the middle. Then proceeded to vape and got the worst, nastiest taste of burnt smoke. It didn't smell right or really even have enough 'smoke'. So I refilled it again, and the same nasty, burnt taste. So I then tried another new cartomizer and the same results occurred. I am rapidly running out of cartomizers to try as well as my current, fav liquid and this is not making me happy and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I also ordered and received a pack of 510 XL CLEAROMIZER 2.4-2.6 OHM, but the little syringe is total bull and I have no idea how to fill these cartridges.

My original eGo Carto Kit smells and I wish I knew how to get rid of that sweet, sticky odor from the battery and mouthpiece.

Needless to say, I am smoking analogs. I have experienced a good vape, so I don't know what the problem is now. Any fast help would be most appreciated.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I fill cartomizers from both ends now and let them sit overnight, that's the only way I know they aren't going to burn. Yes, people fill them and spin them and use them right away, but is it worth taking the chance of sucking in burnt filler? Not to me.

You don't have to use the syringe on the clears, but you do have to know how much they hold. If it's 1.8 to 2 ml, use a rubber cap from your other cartomizers and fill one with 20 drops. Slowly push the battery end into the juice and let it soak up. Then drip another 18-20 drops in the top, avoiding the center hole.

Because they are clear, you can watch the poly fill on them. It will take hours. Blow out the juice from the center after it's been filled and has rested, you shouldn't get much out.

Take a Q-tip and some alcohol and clean the battery. You should also wipe out the area where the battery screws into the charging cord before each charge.

On your mouthpiece (drip tip?), if you have white vinegar, put a few teaspoons into a cup of water and let the mouthpiece soak. If you don't have vinegar, use a few teaspoons of baking soda. If you don't have baking soda, use warm soapy water. Rinse and dry well before using it again.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
After a stressful week of smoking analogs interspersed with successful vaping using that skinny, 510 Mega Battery with blue tip with the Smok Tech 2,5 Ohm 510 Mega Cartomizer filled with black licorice (24 mg juice), I decided it was time to try a new cartomizer. I was led to believe I was not dripping the cartomizer correctly since I was just dripping the juice down and then wiping up the drip from the bottom before using. So I threw it out and pulled out a brand new 510 Mega Cartomizer, blew out the end through a paper towel to clean it, and only let the juice drip down the sides, being careful to not let it drip down the middle. Then proceeded to vape and got the worst, nastiest taste of burnt smoke. It didn't smell right or really even have enough 'smoke'. So I refilled it again, and the same nasty, burnt taste. So I then tried another new cartomizer and the same results occurred. I am rapidly running out of cartomizers to try as well as my current, fav liquid and this is not making me happy and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I also ordered and received a pack of 510 XL CLEAROMIZER 2.4-2.6 OHM, but the little syringe is total bull and I have no idea how to fill these cartridges.

My original eGo Carto Kit smells and I wish I knew how to get rid of that sweet, sticky odor from the battery and mouthpiece.

Needless to say, I am smoking analogs. I have experienced a good vape, so I don't know what the problem is now. Any fast help would be most appreciated.

Hello,
Cartomizers hold around 20-30 drops of liquid, you should fill them until they look like a slushy and a couple of drops come out the batt end....New ones take more time as you are trying to saturate the entire polyfil... I usually put in around 3 drops,rotate- drip in another 3 drops....watch to see how fast it is soaked up..and count the drops.... and you can let them set for about 20 minutes before using......
Clearomizers require a syring and needle...those little plastic things just plain do not work....don't know why the even send them....I guess you could try the previous posters suggestion and fill them by the 'condum' method, but I haven't tried that one with these types of cartos. The cartos wick needs to be saturated and it is at the top where the mouth piece is.. so if you do get it filled, you occassionally have to turn it upside down and make sure the liquid is reaching it......Watch some videos on the 'condum' filling of cartomizers......
YouTube - ‪best way to fill up cartamizers‬‏

YouTube - ‪CE2 Clearomizer Easy fill plug & Tube removal How-to Gotvapes.com‬‏

YouTube - ‪XL 510 CE2 Edition 2 Clear Cartomizers from Microcig Manufacturing‬‏

Last edited:
You don't have to use the syringe on the clears, but you do have to know how much they hold. If it's 1.8 to 2 ml, use a rubber cap from your other cartomizers and fill one with 20 drops. Slowly push the battery end into the juice and let it soak up. Then drip another 18-20 drops in the top, avoiding the center hole.

Because they are clear, you can watch the poly fill on them. It will take hours. Blow out the juice from the center after it's been filled and has rested, you shouldn't get much out.
okay, doing that now. I will look tomorrow morning and see if there was any progress.

Take a Q-tip and some alcohol and clean the battery. You should also wipe out the area where the battery screws into the charging cord before each charge.
done. lots of black .... was wiped clean.

On your mouthpiece (drip tip?), if you have white vinegar, put a few teaspoons into a cup of water and let the mouthpiece soak. If you don't have vinegar, use a few teaspoons of baking soda. If you don't have baking soda, use warm soapy water. Rinse and dry well before using it again.
soaking in vinegar & water now.

thank you for all your tips. eventually I will get the hang of all this and figure what works best for me. I sure do appreciate how helpful and friendly folks on this message bar have been.

I watched the videos and found them confusing and complicated as to which piece to take out. I kinda tried to mimic what was being done, but made a huge mess with liquid and a cracked cartomizer. Smoking analogs is so much simpler. I will keep on preservering, though and appreciate the feedback.

Hello,
Cartomizers hold around 20-30 drops of liquid, you should fill them until they look like a slushy and a couple of drops come out the batt end....New ones take more time as you are trying to saturate the entire polyfil... I usually put in around 3 drops,rotate- drip in another 3 drops....watch to see how fast it is soaked up..and count the drops.... and you can let them set for about 20 minutes before using......
Clearomizers require a syring and needle...those little plastic things just plain do not work....don't know why the even send them....I guess you could try the previous posters suggestion and fill them by the 'condum' method, but I haven't tried that one with these types of cartos. The cartos wick needs to be saturated and it is at the top where the mouth piece is.. so if you do get it filled, you occassionally have to turn it upside down and make sure the liquid is reaching it......Watch some videos on the 'condum' filling of cartomizers......
YouTube - ‪best way to fill up cartamizers‬‏

YouTube - ‪CE2 Clearomizer Easy fill plug & Tube removal How-to Gotvapes.com‬‏

YouTube - ‪XL 510 CE2 Edition 2 Clear Cartomizers from Microcig Manufacturing‬‏

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Cartomizers hold about 30 drops. I put in about 5 at a time then shake like a thermometer, repeat until all 30 drops are in. Do 2-3 at a time because it's really best if they sit a bit to see if they need more juice. They tend to get dry spots. Stop when the juice pools at the top. When I don't get any more flavor, I change the carto. At the end of the day refill them. Less change that you'll burn a carto that way. If your juice is really thick it's harder to absorb although some people use 100 VG. I usually use 70pg/30vg.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Hello,

Yup, that's what I do.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
It sounds like you ended up from one extreme to the other... Overfilled cartomizers at first and now under filled cartomizers. And, once they are burnt they are pretty much done for. It is pretty hard to judge the proper level sometimes. Letting one sit for a while before using it will usually let the juice saturate through the wick.

This may be a bit much for you right now but what I like to do with a new cartomizer is to use a syringe for the first fill. I can load the syringe with the amount the cartomizer is supposed to hold and then insert it along the side all the way to the bottom. I then slowly depress the plunger about 1/4 of the way as I raise the needle out of the cartomizer so it saturates from the bottom up. Then rotate the cartomizer 45deg. and repeat until I've made it all the way around. This helps to make sure the juice gets all over inside the poly fill. After the cartomizer is full the first time I just drip along the side wall to top them off as I use them throughout the day. I find that a 20 gauge needle is best unless you have more VG, then you almost have to use an 18 gauge needle as it is so thick.

The clearomizers pretty much require you to use a needle unless you like to fiddle with tearing them apart. Again I find the 20 gauge best. That tip that comes with them is almost worthless... If that is all you have, fill the syringe with the needle removed and then put it on and insert into the inner ring of the clearo. There should be two tiny holes opposite each other and you will have to remove the O ring to get at them. Tilt the clearomizer at a 45 with your needle at the bottom side so air can escape through the opposite hole as you fill. If you get these working for you I think you will be happy. They can be hard to figure out at first however.

The condom method will not work with a CE2 clearomizer as their is a metal air tube that goes all the way to the top and does not empty into the tank at all other than through the wick. I think the person that posted that may have been thinking of the clear dual coil cartomizers and these would be filled like any other cartomizer.

Edit: Here is a link to the information that I had when I first started. =]
http://lecig.com/faqs.aspx#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2MQ8pm1ECs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread