First Day with E-Cigs & Not off to a good start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
Ok let me add that I got my mom an ego PT (she rarely leaves the house) and she still hasn't quit completely. My mom was in hospital for 2 weeks after an operation, and not once did she winge or ..... about a cig or nic fitting. As soon as she got home *BAM* back to a PAD give or take. For her it isn't about the nic, it is more about the comfort she feels from smoking.
She is doing better now that she has the eGo PT, not smoking as many analogs (~5-10 per day). She gets frustrated with the learning curve, but I try to make it simple for her. She did not do well with Cartos (kept burning them), so I got her the Tank system and some clearos. She needs to be able to see when to refill, and tanks/clearos make that possible for her. I told her how fragile the clearos are and she has only cracked 1 so far (kinda my fault too) so this is working for her. I showed her how to fill both tanks and clearos and she is getting more confident by the day. I am going to up her nic and maybe that will give her the last push she needs to be analog free. Not everyone stops overnight, but with a little effort and perseverance you can quit eventually. To be honest I smoked the first week after I got my ego. I went from a PAD to a few cigs a day and I had to force myself through the last pack (ugh it was soo gross but at $8 per pack I was not going to waste it) I also had to find a juice that I liked. I got so many samples its insane! Finally I found my all day vape and when that happened I no longer ctaved analogs.

~Kitty

MustQuitNow

May 1, 2011
Delaware USA
I don't mind trying out different products until I find what works, but I just got this eGo Carto Kit. I also ordered 2 808-D Starter Kits that should be coming today.

From what I read this eGo-Tank sounds like it would be great. I have NO time to be messing with all this liquid, atomizers, etc during the intense, and very stressful work day. In fact the more I read about this eGo-T(Tank), the more it seems perfect. Every time I fill my ego 510 kit, my fingers end up sticky; I like the idea of being able to see how much liquid is left in the cart, and that the battery lasts a long time. But, am a little loathe to invest another $60 until I know exactly what my other options are.

Again, I want to get off analogs. I am down to my last 3 packs from the last carton I hope to ever purchase.

Ok let me add that I got my mom an ego PT (she rarely leaves the house) and she still hasn't quit completely. She is doing better now that she has the eGo PT, not smoking as many analogs (~5-10 per day). She gets frustrated with the learning curve, but I try to make it simple for her. She did not do well with Cartos (kept burning them), so I got her the Tank system and some clearos. She needs to be able to see when to refill, and tanks/clearos make that possible for her. I told her how fragile the clearos are and she has only cracked 1 so far (kinda my fault too) so this is working for her. I showed her how to fill both tanks and clearos and she is getting more confident by the day. I am going to up her nic and maybe that will give her the last push she needs to be analog free. Not everyone stops overnight, but with a little effort and perseverance you can quit eventually. To be honest I smoked the first week after I got my ego. I went from a PAD to a few cigs a day and I had to force myself through the last pack (ugh it was soo gross but at $8 per pack I was not going to waste it) I also had to find a juice that I liked. I got so many samples its insane! Finally I found my all day vape and when that happened I no longer ctaved analogs.

~Kitty

Last edited:

MustQuitNow

May 1, 2011
Delaware USA
Are you using the cartomizers or the atomizer?
cartomizers

Do you have the ability to take some photos of what is happening and post them up for us to see?
charging camera battery... pictures to be posted soon.

If you have the ability to use skype or msn with a web cam I can do a video call with you to go over a couple of things and hopefully see what is happening and if there is anything we can do to get you headed in the correct direction. Please PM me if this is a direction you might want to explore. I really would like to see you get this working good for you as I know how much it has helped me quit analogs. I was lucky and was one of the ones that was able to completely quit the first day I got my first e-cig kit...
thanks. I will PM you when I get a break in the next couple of days. Maybe we can do this over the weekend when I have more time.

MustQuitNow

May 1, 2011
Delaware USA
That awful sweet smell seems to be something that only some people are sensitive to. I don't know what it is, I've asked. I think it's either Dekang juice or a difference in the nicotine extraction process in China vs. the US. It may be oxidation in PG. All I know for certain is that VaporBomb and Backwoods Brew juices don't have it. I'm sure there are many others, but I've found that Top Vapor, Liberty-Flights and pre-filled carts and cartomizers do.

Definitely interested in learning more about this. That sweet smell happens so far on every cartomizer and the 1 atomizer I have used. I also did try washing them out (not soaking into water) and the blowing air method suggested earlier through a tissue. It seems to do nothing to get that awful, sweet taste away. Also, this is with many different liquid samples that I purchased so I could get a sense of what flavor I like... so far fireball is the winner.

MustQuitNow

May 1, 2011
Delaware USA
MustQuit,
Can you telll me the color of the threads on those cartomizers? I have heard that Baudeway(sp) cartomizers are not real reliable.....
I have always used Boge cartomizers and they have silver threads, just saying that may be the difference and may account for your troubles.....
You can find a five pack of 2.5 boges for around 8.00 or so.....
Cause I've never had any of my boge cartomizers leak.......
Can't figure out why you are having so much trouble.....maybe it is the cartomizer itself......just saying.......and throwing out suggestions.
:)

From what I can see, the threads are white. Smok Tech 2,5 Ohm 510 Mega Cartomizer is what I have.

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
I don't mind trying out different products until I find what works, but I just got this eGo Carto Kit. I also ordered 2 808-D Starter Kits that should be coming today.

From what I read this eGo-Tank sounds like it would be great. I have NO time to be messing with all this liquid, atomizers, etc during the intense, and very stressful work day. In fact the more I read about this eGo-T(Tank), the more it seems perfect. Every time I fill my ego 510 kit, my fingers end up sticky; I like the idea of being able to see how much liquid is left in the cart, and that the battery lasts a long time. But, am a little loathe to invest another $60 until I know exactly what my other options are.

Again, I want to get off analogs. I am down to my last 3 packs from the last carton I hope to ever purchase.

You do not have to spend $60 to try the Tank system. All you need is a tank atty and some tank carts. ~$5 for carts and ~$12 for the tank atty.
The ego T is no differet from the ego (there I a battery shut off feature on the egoT) the parts are interchangeable.

If you had an egoT you could use ego (510) carts/clearos/cartos etc. As long as it is 510 threading it can be swapped about

~Kitty

MustQuitNow

May 1, 2011
Delaware USA
besides the better battery shut off (would help me because I seem to always accidentally turn the device on), does the 510 tank atty & tank carts last as long as the eGo-T? I saw a couple of videos that were very impressive.

You do not have to spend $60 to try the Tank system. All you need is a tank atty and some tank carts. ~$5 for carts and ~$12 for the tank atty.
The ego T is no differet from the ego (there I a battery shut off feature on the egoT) the parts are interchangeable.

If you had an egoT you could use ego (510) carts/clearos/cartos etc. As long as it is 510 threading it can be swapped about

~Kitty

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
I wouldn't bother buying a new battery just yet if you already have some 808's on the way... I think you will like them for at work. I would get 808 to 510 adapters so you don't have to have two different carto's. I got mine from MadVapes but most suppliers have them. It will probably be called a 901 to 510 adapter. You want the one that looks like a female to female barrel connector. 901 and 808 have the same connector with different air holes.

I would look into getting the battery switch cover for your ego like one of the other posters mentioned. That will keep it from accidentally going off when not in use. Then, when you get more into everything you can start dropping money on devices that you want to try out.

I haven't used anything other than cartos, clearos, and vortex so let us know if you get the tank and if you like it... The Vortex are super simple when working but I am waiting on some product fixes before I buy more of them.

I will be home alone this weekend so all I will be doing is yard work and building my own Variable Voltage Mod. Just PM well in advance with what time you would like to call as I may be outside working on the yard.

By the way I just burnt a couple of cartos last night myself. I ran out of my BWB Casablanca and the mail man was running late... so I ran a couple dry =[ The best way I can describe the taste was burnt, damp toast... Always keep your favorite juice stocked up =]

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Definitely interested in learning more about this. That sweet smell happens so far on every cartomizer and the 1 atomizer I have used. I also did try washing them out (not soaking into water) and the blowing air method suggested earlier through a tissue. It seems to do nothing to get that awful, sweet taste away. Also, this is with many different liquid samples that I purchased so I could get a sense of what flavor I like... so far fireball is the winner.

I wish I could find an answer on that sickeningly sweet smell/taste. On Monday, I got all the equipment/supplies to make my own juice and one of them (coffee) turned out great; the other (strawberry) isn't flavorful enough so I'm working on that. There's not a hint of that smell, so it leads me to believe that it comes with age, and is probably why it's not present from the vendors who make their juices to order. If I figure it out, I will let you know. The weird thing is that my husband has a Top Vapor coffee (juice is bright orange) that he loves and it's so bad that I can't even stand to be near him when he's using it. Yesterday I loaded a new cartridge in a new atomizer with the coffee flavor I made, which is completely clear and smells like plain coffee. He said, "this is great, it's just like mine." That's what makes me think that only some people are sensitive to the sweet smell/taste.

Fireball/Cinnabomb is a great juice for helping to get through the rough patches, I think it feels most like smoking. I'm sure the menthols and mints are probably the same. Some places have a fire and ice that has both, I haven't tried it yet.

I hope you really like your new equipment, you can do this!!

MustQuitNow

May 1, 2011
Delaware USA
1-noDripPlug.jpg The plug that was open

2-MissingBattery.jpg Missing battery cover

3-BatteryGoesOn.jpg Battery goes on

4-Cartomizer.jpg Cartomizer

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Ok, one thing I am seeing is that when you drip into the carto you want to hold it at a 45 deg angle and allow the juice to run down the inside wall so it doesn't go down the center tube of the carto. That should help a lot with your mess when filling because i believe it is just running down the center tube and out the battery connector...

Also remove the carto from the battery when filling. that way you will see immediately if it is coming out the connector. This is the point where everybody has been saying to blow through the carto into a napkin to get the excess juice out of the center tube.. You only want the white filler material saturated to the point just before it start coming out the center tube...

Last edited:

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Battery goes on

If the battery is activating without pushing the button then the battery is hosed and needs to be replaced. This may be from excess juice running down the side and getting into the switch.

You may be able to get this replaced under warranty... or you may try using spray contact cleaner or brake cleaner... (Caution this could discolor the finish of the battery) You should talk with the people you purchased it from to see what they say...

Also if it is going off on its own without you drawing on it, this is what is causing the burning taste as it is burning the juice when it is sitting there.

Last edited:

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
With your 808's if those are pre-filled carto's yea YUCK.... Especially if they are a tabacco... I would try other flavors or get blank cartos to fill with your Cinnamon or other flavor. I personnaly don't like any pre filled tobacco flavor... I haven't purchased and pre-filled other than the initial cartos that came with my 808's. I started filling my own right away.

This is where the adapters I mentioned in my earlier post would come in handy so you can use the 510 cartos you already have on the 808 battery.

Last edited:

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
If what I am seeing is correct, one battery activates on its own and the other one does not have the little cover over the switch... If this is correct you got a bum kit. Contact your retailer and get it replaced!!!!!!!

You can reference this post so they can see what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread