First experience..pretty bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you think I should try this, for about $37, before making a commitment to a larger kit, such as the $109 ultimate from canvape that Ive been eying up? Im just so hesitant after my first sour purchase.

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/ministar.htm

That small battery looks like a 300 or 400 mah battery. 100 mah is equal to 1 hour battery time. So that single battery will provice you with 3-4 hours of vaping time. If you're only looking for confirmation that the eGo batteries give a more powerful vape, then this will do that, but don't even think that single battery will last you any more than part of the day and then need to be charged.

The second kit that you showed has 650 mah batteries; each one will last approximately 6.5 hours, still not enough to last you all day. It also only has one clearomizer. Even with the replacement head that comes with it, you have to have backups for when things just stop functioning. No less than 3 clearomizers to last an entire month.

Not being critical of your choices, just pointing out the facts so you don't end up frustrated again.

Last edited:

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
That small battery looks like a 300 or 400 mah battery. 100 mah is equal to 1 hour battery time. So that single battery will provice you with 3-4 hours of vaping time. If you're only looking for confirmation that the eGo batteries give a more powerful vape, then this will do that, but don't even think that single battery will last you any more than part of the day and then need to be charged.

The second kit that you showed has 650 mah batteries; each one will last approximately 6.5 hours, still not enough to last you all day. It also only has one clearomizer. Even with the replacement head that comes with it, you have to have backups for when things just stop functioning. No less than 3 clearomizers to last an entire month.

That 400mah would be to restore my faith in vaporizing before I drop a good chunk of money, and be my public/stealth for when im out. If it all worked out with it, I think id go with that ultimate kit, and dive right into everything..figure out exactly what I like..

The ego twist is not a bad PV at all. I have 2. I can honestly say I prefer my provari but they're not near as cheap. For economical vape-action id say an ego twist is a great choice.

Thanks for the input!

gomjabbar

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
ohio
of the people ive gotten to try vaping some love it right off and others dislike it. I often wonder if its due to how much they like smoking analogs at the moment. I loved it right off but was sick of analogs. For me parts of smoking were great and others really sucked. Like the hacking that creep up on me. Also the taste wasnt bad but I greatly prefer sweet flavors over savory.

Riboflavin

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Arizona
of the people ive gotten to try vaping some love it right off and others dislike it. I often wonder if its due to how much they like smoking analogs at the moment. I loved it right off but was sick of analogs. For me parts of smoking were great and others really sucked. Like the hacking that creep up on me. Also the taste wasnt bad but I greatly prefer sweet flavors over savory.
I haven't smoked an analog in over a year, but looking to get into vaping to hopefully relive some of what I am missing.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Baditudes got this covered, but I just wanted to chime in with my experiences. Go big. I got the 900mah VV Spinner after fiddling around with "cig-a-likes" of all sorts (disposables, kits, etc) with a vivi nova tank (and a mini), and it was a universal difference. Battery life, tank life, ease of use, incredible flavor and vapor output, customization, etc. Absolute day and night. Go for the big guns and get yourself a 900 or 1300mah ego style battery. Only tank ive tried so far is Vivi nova but i swear by them. As long as you're using the right 'style' device (as opposed to cigalikes, just my opinion here) than you'll notice the improvement and have a new habbit.

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada

I liked the idea of vaporizing, and although the taste was horrible, im willing to take a second shot, even with the bad taste, i went a day without cigarettes with it, something i haven't been able to accomplish in a long time.

Baditudes got this covered, but I just wanted to chime in with my experiences. Go big. I got the 900mah VV Spinner after fiddling around with "cig-a-likes" of all sorts (disposables, kits, etc) with a vivi nova tank (and a mini), and it was a universal difference. Battery life, tank life, ease of use, incredible flavor and vapor output, customization, etc. Absolute day and night. Go for the big guns and get yourself a 900 or 1300mah ego style battery. Only tank ive tried so far is Vivi nova but i swear by them. As long as you're using the right 'style' device (as opposed to cigalikes, just my opinion here) than you'll notice the improvement and have a new habbit.

I went with the 650 twist, t3 kanger w/ a few heads, 3x10ml bottles and a charger for 37 bucks. If it goes well, I wanna get the 1300 spinner, mini vivi, and some more juices. Fingers crossed.

Riboflavin

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Arizona
I was looking into getting an ego-c twist and came across this starter kit: https://www.cignot.com/product_p/kit-egc-all.htm

It seems like a good deal but I am a bit confused about the accessories it comes with. If I bought this start kit and some juice could I start vaping right away or would I need to buy something like a nova tank? It says it comes with 5 tanks which seems odd, are these disposable tanks or something?

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
Ribo...that's exactly the kit I purchased and I am very satisfied with the kit. Ego-C is very reliable. The C is for changeable atomizers. If possible order some more atomizer heads. Plus if I had to do it again I would have ordered the Ego Twist. You'll will know exactly what this function does after you been vaping a few weeks. If the price isn't a big difference. The tanks that come with it are OK. You can change down the road if your preference says so. Get some of the soft tank plugs that are offered..they are cheap...I think I ordered 3 and they sent me 20. Get some juice from a vendor listed in the General Vaping forum....2012 Awards. Good luck.

Yoooung

Moved On
Mar 8, 2013
CA
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: spam

Riboflavin

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Arizona
Thanks chimsweep. I will definitely go with the twist, probably a 650 and a 1000 to compare (unless you have a better suggestion). I ordered a few of the 1.5ml samplers from JohnsonCreek I am looking forward to those getting here. A few quick questions if you have the time:

1. What is the 'head' exactly and when do they need to be replaced? Is the resistance just related to negative pressure and draw?
2. How often do you need to swap to a new tank, every time you switch flavors? Can they be changed and re-used?
3. What does a tank plug do?

Sorry to derail the thread, I really appreciate the advice.

Last edited:

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
Thanks chimsweep. I will definitely go with the twist, probably a 650 and a 1000 to compare (unless you have a better suggestion). I ordered a few of the 1.5ml samplers from JohnsonCreek I am looking forward to those getting here. A few quick questions if you have the time:

1. What is the 'head' exactly and when do they need to be replaced? Is the resistance just related to negative pressure and draw?
2. How often do you need to swap to a new tank, every time you switch flavors? Can they be changed and re-used?
3. What does a tank plug do?

Sorry to derail the thread, I really appreciate the advice.

Soft tank cap...they come 5-10 for about $1 or 2..Yes you can reuse the tanks. If anything once you get the kit all you will need is juice additionally. As suggested previously...70/30, 60/40, 50/50 will probably be better for you. Then as you learn and become accustomed you can tinker and tweak. The atomizer is in two parts...the head which come in 5's and the base which you get two with the kit. Normally these are one in other types, so when you have to replace you have to replace the whole two parts....with these you just replace the head. I just wash out the tanks...run some water in them..they are small...1 mil or so and blow out and fill with different juice and replace the tank cap. The softer ones hold better than the hard caps that come with it.

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
As you can see by my banner I've been doing this less that a week. You live in this forum...thank God...and everybody in it. There is a lot of information and when you start it's like reading Latin....and I was an Altar Boy. :ohmy: I have a smidgen of experience and less knowledge, but there are willing and ultra knowledgeable people on here. Read, read, vape, vape, read and vape for good measure. You are on the right path.

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
Here is a great Juice map. Start with the top three vendors and I don't know what flavor or cigs you smoked, but look at how many reviews a certain flavor has....there is safety in numbers. I have good luck with Copper Creek House Blend ( reg cig smoker) Vermillion Rivers Kentucky Blend and Vanilla Blend. I just ordered today from Alien Vapors...some Boba's Bounty and Hype. Good luck and good night.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
I went with the 650 twist, t3 kanger w/ a few heads, 3x10ml bottles and a charger for 37 bucks. If it goes well, I wanna get the 1300 spinner, mini vivi, and some more juices. Fingers crossed.

That sounds like a pretty legit setup. My fingers are crossed for you man, glad you made the switch. I'm not sure if this is true of all kangers, but i believe some of them are setup where the coil (heating device) is at the bottom of the tank near the battery. This, from what i hear, leaves the vapor 'chilled' by the time it reaches your mouth. I've never hit one, but one thing i love about the vivi is that the coil is at the top, so on taking a long drag, i can really taste the smooth warmth of the vapor. Leaves me wanting 'just one more hit' all day long lol. Whatever works to keep you off of the analogs though man, congrats.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Everyone keep in mind he's in Canada , and ordering juice from the US is expensive and risky if it gets confiscated at the border.

Steve , did you notice that all the CanVape juice is Nicotine free ? If you're trying to quit smoking you'll want nicotine.

There's a bunch on this list that carry nic juice. I personally have ordered some from

Vaporus
Gentlemensreserve
Vapoursolutions

I have however bought hardware and DIY juice supplies from Canvape

Steve.

Mar 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
That sounds like a pretty legit setup. My fingers are crossed for you man, glad you made the switch. I'm not sure if this is true of all kangers, but i believe some of them are setup where the coil (heating device) is at the bottom of the tank near the battery. This, from what i hear, leaves the vapor 'chilled' by the time it reaches your mouth. I've never hit one, but one thing i love about the vivi is that the coil is at the top, so on taking a long drag, i can really taste the smooth warmth of the vapor. Leaves me wanting 'just one more hit' all day long lol. Whatever works to keep you off of the analogs though man, congrats.

Thanks, I'm excited to use it! It is a bottom coiled device, and i don't think id prefer a warm vapor like what i was getting with prosmoke, but definitely ordering a mini vivi after.

Everyone keep in mind he's in Canada , and ordering juice from the US is expensive and risky if it gets confiscated at the border.
Steve , did you notice that all the CanVape juice is Nicotine free ? If you're trying to quit smoking you'll want nicotine.

There's a bunch on this list that carry nic juice. I personally have ordered some from

Vaporus
Gentlemensreserve
Vapoursolutions

I have however bought hardware and DIY juice supplies from Canvape

They have nicotine, and tons of it, just have to register. I'll be checking out that list, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread